Cedar Point

Jrb1979

DIS Veteran
Was wondering if any of you have been to Cedar Point in the summer? I know a lot like to go to Disney in the summer but for me it's way to hot in Florida in the summer. Cedar Point is much cheaper, has a really nice hotel on site with a beach. The big thing is it's not as far to drive.

The summer is the best time to go. They have music playing on the beach all day and glow in the dark balls at night. If you love roller coasters, they have a lot of record breakers.

We are there a lot being season passholders. It can get very hot still there - to me it sometimes seems hotter then Disney because there aren't the air conditioned shows and some places don't have much shade. We were there one day with a high of 72 and to me it seemed a lot warmer than that! If you're lucky though you will get a nice lake breeze. Now this week - DH wants to go to CP Shores (the water park) on Sunday but I have a feeling that place will be crazy since our heat index is supposed to be about 110! Our weather is so unpredictable here. This year May and June were horrible with so much rain and it wasn't very warm at all, now it warmed up and we are dealing with the oppressive heat. The joys of living in the Midwest :)

I live 45 minutes from Cedar Point and summer has its good days and bad. We have had A LOT of rain this year. Temps have been pretty good except for last week when it was in the 90. If you go in late August it parks are less crowded as the schools around here go back around Aug 20-23.

Also live about 45 minutes from Cedar Point (near Cleveland). I have been going regularly since a child. The summer is a great time to go, preferably late August once most schools are back in session. It can feel as hot as Florida, but generally, in my opinion, it is less humid and more comfortable. Temps will probably be around 80s. Rain will shut everything down (all outside attractions). The worst part about Cedar Point is going when the midges or mayflies are bad. If not familiar, these are insects that tend to hang near the lake. There is nothing more enjoyable than riding Millennium Force at dusk and getting a mouth full of bugs while you scream in terror/fun :crazy2:. Even if the temps are cooler expect to feel more exhausted than a day at Disney due to all or the thrill rides. I usually come home with what I call "Cedar Point legs"..... That achy restless leg feeling of pure exhaustion when you finally lay down. Cedar Point is definitely worth going (especially if you have never been). Super fun and incredible rollercoasters. Just mind your expectations of cleanliness (if you go to Disney a lot) because it's pretty filthy.
FYI: there aren't many air conditioned places to escape.

I have been every year for the last few years. Its my favorite park. Steel Vengeance is the best coaster I have ever been on.

I will say I'm surprised with the amount people that post on here that can't do coasters. It also seems like a lot only do Disney and don't venture into local parks.

We're going the last week of August per the comments that it's slower due to lots of local schools already being back from Holiday.

There is always a great yearly promo that comes out on Black Friday/Cyber monday which is tickets + unlimited Fast Lane + for $75 so we got that.

The end of August is a good time to go. The wait times should be really short for most. If you have never been, Steel Vengeance is worth riding. One of the best coasters in the world. You're out of your seat almost the entire time. 4 inversions with a lap bar only.

Hey just wanted to let you know CP is celebrating there 150 anniversary and yesterday they announce an annual pass for $99 that is good for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020. You also get free parking which cost $20 normally and you get admission to the water park too which is normally $39 extra. There will be discounts on food and merchandise. It did not list where you could dine for a discount or were you could shop- Sorry. A single day ticket just to the park and doesn't include the water park (water park is a seperate price of $39.99)is $78 . So if you are planning to go next year this would be a great deal. Especially you really need 2 days to experience everything in park and if you are water park people you will get that added benefit for FREE. For two passes the total with fees/tax is $213.00

That's a great deal, more Canadians in Ontario should take advantage of it. Cedar Point is a far better park then Wonderland.

The end of August is a good time to go. The wait times should be really short for most. If you have never been, Steel Vengeance is worth riding. One of the best coasters in the world. You're out of your seat almost the entire time. 4 inversions with a lap bar only.
I was looking back through threads and saw your comment and wondered if you went. This year the crowds (thanks $99 gold pass!) have been crazy busy. Normally we go Labor Day (on that Monday) and have low crowds where the other day this year it was so busy we left by 2:00 because it was so packed.

No I ended up going in June instead during Frontier Festival. It wasn't too busy then. I heard the crowds were bad cause of the gold pass but I understand why they did it. They are trying to get ways to more people into the park during the times that used to be quiet. I am hoping they don't start doing that in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!