CDG to DLP

capt1633

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip to DLP and flying into CDG airport. Arriving April 3 and staying for a week. What is the best way to get to the Newport Beach Club for a family of four. One 9 y/o and one 12 y/o in tow with luggage. Your response to this and any other suggestions for non French speaking first timers are greatly appreciated!

There are a number of ways to go.
Take the VEA shuttle. Pay the price for a taxi. Transfer to terminal 2 and get the TGV.
For me this is a no brainer (I'm not on commission honest) it has to be silvershuttle. They meet you at arrivals, personnal mini-bus direct from CDG to your hotel. Costs are comparable to VEA, but you don't have to visit every terminal and hotel.
http://www.silvershuttle.biz/index_en.php?Act=Intro

Reid

We are travelling to DLP for the first time in May, just the two of us (with cruise luggage) and we were going to take the bus. If we are flying in directly from the USA, what currency do they take on the bus? Do we need to do a currency exchange?

By bus I'm assuming you mean the VEA shuttle? They take cash EUROS and credit cards. If you haven't yet made the currency exchange you can always use your credit card to get to the parks. But I think you will get a better exchange rate if you buy Euros at your bank before leaving? Not sure about that one though.
:flower:

Silvershuttle does look like the best alternative to me. Will they take credit cards like VEA? Also, is it customary to tip the driver as it is in the U.S.?

We paid cash (Euros) when we used Silvershuttle, so might be worth while having some to hand.

Reid

On the silver shuttle web site, reservations page, it asks for "Departure" and "coming" I presume when travelling from CDG to Disneyland that "Departure" is CDG and "Coming" is Disneyland?? I know its probably really obvious...but last time I booked a shuttle service (not silver shuttle) I made a complete mess of it and ended up with two different companies waiting at CDG for us...neither was very happy with me!!

Just want to get it right this time. also there will only be two of us, so I presume they will make other collections, they wont have one bus just for us at a charge of only €24, €12 each.

Thanks a lot

Mini :confused3

Yes, Departure is from CDG and Coming is where you want to go - namely Disneyland.
In the message I gave flight number and arrival terminal no. Also which hotel you are staying at.

The 5 of us were the only passengers on the mini-bus.

Reid

We took the VEA shuttle from CDG in 2002 because I didn't know about these boards and didn't know better LOL, but if there were quicker alternatives, I would definitely go that route....We either just missed a shuttle, or they were not true to their schedule, because we waited quite awhile for the next one to show up. On their site, or DLP site it says that they come every so often (can't remember exactly), but watched my clock and they were almost double what it was supposed to be. That and all the stops at all the terminals was a pain....even though only 1 other family got on.
If I remember correctly they stopped at only one hotel before ours, but there was only 1 or 2 other families on the bus, so it could have been who knows how much longer. I think we did pay by credit card...it's all fuzzy. All I know is the DL hotel was marvelous!

Hello

I am new to these forums and as I am visiting Disneyland Paris on Wednesday 30 March, I am finding this site very useful.

I have just booked our transfer from CDG Airport to DLP through Silvershuttle and hope that I have correctly completed the form. We had thought of using the VEA Shuttle but were concerned that we might have to wait a long time if we missed the bus.

Thanks to you for providing this site, I hope I can transfer hassle free. The prices seem to be very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter