CDC Inspections

I was on the Dream during the inspection. It certainly delayed everything on embarkation day (boarding was late, pools/AquaDuck weren't open, etc.). It looked to be a pretty thorough inspection. Glad to see she scored so well!!

Just curious, how often do they do inspections? Hopefully they are smart enough to make the inspections somewhat random so the cruise lines can't do a deep clean right before inspection and not bother the rest of the time.

Just curious, how often do they do inspections? Hopefully they are smart enough to make the inspections somewhat random so the cruise lines can't do a deep clean right before inspection and not bother the rest of the time.

It can happen any time. Any US port they can just walk on, no warning. Every department has a major clean at the end of every day and even more so when going into a US port the next day (Alaskan itineraries are a killer, yes they came on in Skagway one year which no one really expected but still past with 99). Departments may chill a little after an inspection but it won't last long, as they can come back on again any time, that and theres a Captains inspection very regularly too.

Disney (I think) always get top marks, apart from the magic and wonder pre-dry dock, as there was one thing they lost a mark on that couldn't be fixed until dry dock (I think it was a galley floor or something).

Reading through the Wonder's most recent report - this is REALLY thorough.

Violation: The special event menu did not have an asterisk on the Ahi Tuna Tartare indicating that the product is not fully cooked.

Violation: The counter-mounted espresso coffee machine had a hose draped on the counter, making it difficult to clean.

Reading through the Wonder's most recent report - this is REALLY thorough.

Violation: The special event menu did not have an asterisk on the Ahi Tuna Tartare indicating that the product is not fully cooked.

Violation: The counter-mounted espresso coffee machine had a hose draped on the counter, making it difficult to clean.
All of them are this thorough, I enjoyed reading all of them a couple weeks ago
Any vessel that sails in or out of a U.S. port is subject to unannounced inspections twice a year. It is a 44-point inspection conducted as part of the Vessel Sanitation Program

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter