CCV Reunion Station closing??

Keetchino

Mouseketeer
So just saw on another site a report that Reunion Station at Copper Creek is closing in February due to "poor performance"...... Can't say I'm surprised but I'm just really hoping they decide give it to the members as a *free* community space instead of leaving such a new structure vacant and unused

Not surprising. Was there for eight nights a couple of weeks ago. Was going to try it for one night because of straight curiosity. In the end couldn't be bothered because of both price and lousy hours.

They need to just make it a lounge like TOTW. You can go and hang out and purchase snacks and drinks if you want. Like a community hall with a few more perks for purchase.

Last edited:

I just saw it as well. Someone said they called DVC directly and it was confirmed that it would close February 3rd.

They need to just make it a lounge like TOTW. You can go and hang out and purchase snacks and drinks if you want. Like a community hall with a few more perks for purchase.

There’s a bar right next to it, so can’t see the need for a lounge.

It’s funny, when we stopped in for a tour in November, they told us they were considering making it bookable with points. Guess that idea went out the window. They really didn’t even put in any effort to make this something good.

Agreed about making it a community hall. I had doubts about the viability of this early on. DVC is not the concierge crowd, even if Disney wants it to be. Sure, folks that come to Disney over and over (DVC'ers) want some unique experiences, but that was what the community halls are for, and they serve the dual purpose of making the resort feel like more "family".

Yeah we stayed there in December and I looked into it and it seemed like a very bad value so I dismissed it. Them closing it is good news to me as at worst they do nothing and things are the same, ideally they change it to something we might use.

Agreed about making it a community hall. I had doubts about the viability of this early on. DVC is not the concierge crowd, even if Disney wants it to be. Sure, folks that come to Disney over and over (DVC'ers) want some unique experiences, but that was what the community halls are for, and they serve the dual purpose of making the resort feel like more "family".

While I agree it would be nice if they made it a gathering place for families, I disagree that all DVC’ers aren’t the ‘concierge crowd.’ I’d pay extra for lounge access any day, especially if it was main building. That includes spending more points for it. If this was of any quality, food wise and hours wise, I would have definitely paid for it.

If it had have been bookable on points I think it would have done fine (or at least better). People seem to be willing to throw points around a lot easier than cash....just look at AKV Club. I know it's a small sample size but people love paying for that on points.

While I agree it would be nice if they made it a gathering place for families, I disagree that all DVC’ers aren’t the ‘concierge crowd.’ I’d pay extra for lounge access any day, especially if it was main building. That includes spending more points for it. If this was of any quality, food wise and hours wise, I would have definitely paid for it.

Certainly not trying to speak for all DVC'ers, I just think that the situation you describe is a relatively small subset of DVC'ers. I would imagine that if you compared demand for concierge vs. non-concierge services at non-DVC resorts that percentage would end up being notably smaller if you made concierge available across all DVC.

I for one could see myself in the same situation as you describe, springing for the "extras" of Reunion Station for that one special trip, such as an anniversary or special birthday. But as for those types of situations sustaining the Reunion Station model when DVC itself is marketed toward returning families (rather than the once-in-a-lifetime vacationers), I could see this failing from the outset.

Certainly not trying to speak for all DVC'ers, I just think that the situation you describe is a relatively small subset of DVC'ers. I would imagine that if you compared demand for concierge vs. non-concierge services at non-DVC resorts that percentage would end up being notably smaller if you made concierge available across all DVC.

I for one could see myself in the same situation as you describe, springing for the "extras" of Reunion Station for that one special trip, such as an anniversary or special birthday. But as for those types of situations sustaining the Reunion Station model when DVC itself is marketed toward returning families (rather than the once-in-a-lifetime vacationers), I could see this failing from the outset.

I hear what you’re saying. The way they did it was more for a once in awhile booking. It wasn’t worth it for daily CL.

I totally would do it every trip, every day, if I was able to access main building CL. Points or cash. For me, it’s more for convenience.

I just called and spoke with a CM who confirmed that Reunion Station (AS A CLUB LEVEL) will definitely be closing the beginning of February. She said that the building itself will still remain open and continue to offer the paid activities. She said she had heard that more paid activities will be coming, now that they will have more time to do them. She has not heard anything other than that at this time

Last edited:
I just called and spoke with a CM who confirmed that Reunion Station will definitely be closing the beginning of February. She said that it will still remain open and continue to offer the paid activities. She said she had heard that more paid activities will be coming, now that they will have more time to do them. She has not heard anything other than that at this time
So the club level add on was cancelled? Not the photography, cake, drink tasting series etc.?

That's good. Maybe it'll be open for members to use when no paid event is taking place? **fingers crossed**

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!