CCV Cabin Advice

I was in a CCV 1-bedroom, not a cabin, but I was shocked by how loud the electric water pageant was.

Took my family of 6 to CCV in February and stayed in the last cabin (8026). This cabin gives you the best "cabin on the lake" experience:

We will be a family of 7 - 2 married couples, 2 singles, 1 two year old. Did you find you had plenty of room for your family of six?

We were upgraded to a stay in a cabin for 2 nights (one located within the red circle on the map above) over Christmas in 2017! It was the best present EVER!!! My only regret was that since it was unexpected, I had already packed a LOT into our days and we didn't get to spend enough time just enjoying the cabin itself! The hot tub! The views of boats going by! The most delicious beds and fabulous bathrooms and luxurious SPACE! You and your family are going to have the best New Year's EVER!!!

We stayed in Cabin 8019 (just past the middle of the ones on the side with the blue circle) for three nights in September 2018 and really enjoyed it. We specifically requested this side, because we wanted the sunrise view of Bay Lake and less MK boat traffic. The view and location were amazing. It felt nice and secluded, but we didn't have to walk quite as far as if we had a higher numbered cabin. Our ideal location would have been a little closer to Geyser Point to minimize the walk, but it was fine. We were surprised at how good the MK fireworks view was from here. The view wasn't unobstructed, as it was off to the side over the other cabins, but it is far enough around the point that the view was better than from the Geyser Point area.
Overall while we enjoyed the cabin as a bucket list item, the 2 bedroom at Copper Creek was a much better deal. We had six people in the rooms, and while the cabin had a lot of room, the regular 2 bedroom layout was more practical for us. In our case nobody slept in the living room, so we had one couple in the master and us with two kids in the second bedroom. We also still prefer being inside the main building for when its raining or hot. The cabin view and having your own hot tub did help make up for it though.
Here's a couple of pictures, and there's more in our Trip report starting here.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be stressed at all about noise (either from EWP or horns or really much of anything), especially since both bedrooms are on the front side of the cabin away from the lake. It really was a peaceful, luxurious place to vacation.
This makes me feel much better! Thank you!
DH and I just returned from a short stay at WDW and while we were there we made a stop to check out the cabins. Such a beautiful, serene setting!! We seemed to gravitate toward the Geyser Point side for some reason. We walked all the way back to the end (8026) and saw a young buck and his mama standing at the end of the path. Just spectacular! We are so excited to stay there! Hoping for that waitlist to come through for our 3rd night!

Enjoyed reading these posts. I am starting to do the points math for a trip Marathon Weekend 2021 and think I am going to borrow and use banked points to do a few nights in a cabin and bring some friends. I think it will be a special way to spend some days at Copper Creek.

I've been in them, and they are gorgeous. I just can't see spending so many points for just a few nights, but I'll sure be envious.

I've been in them, and they are gorgeous. I just can't see spending so many points for just a few nights, but I'll sure be envious.

Yeah, I get that. I still am debating it myself, but then I picture us and our friends in there and it begins to look more reasonable. Maybe the trick will be to do it for a few, resort heavy days, while also making the hassle of moving rooms manageable. We'll see.

BTW, great Little Prince quote. I just reread that book with my daughter - that is the core lesson.

Yeah, I get that. I still am debating it myself, but then I picture us and our friends in there and it begins to look more reasonable. Maybe the trick will be to do it for a few, resort heavy days, while also making the hassle of moving rooms manageable. We'll see.

BTW, great Little Prince quote. I just reread that book with my daughter - that is the core lesson.
I will tell you that we're exploring spending 2-3 nights in one some year down the road when (if) we get our point total in better shape. ;) We'd combine that with a few more nights in a studio. Right now, we continue to use our points for a couple of trips a year to WDW and HHI, but one day. . .

Yeah, I ran across that quote several years back, and it struck a chord with me. Simple, yet truthful.

I wouldn't be stressed at all about noise (either from EWP or horns or really much of anything), especially since both bedrooms are on the front side of the cabin away from the lake. It really was a peaceful, luxurious place to vacation.
Agree. We were all so Disneytired by the time we hit the hay that a jazz band could have walked through the cabin and we wouldn't have woken up. I don't remember hearing boat noise much. I actually heard it more often from the 5th floor CCV at WL.
My only advice is to buy LOTS of eggs to cook for breakfast. There were never enough. Also while you're at it, bacon.

We will be a family of 7 - 2 married couples, 2 singles, 1 two year old. Did you find you had plenty of room for your family of six?
We had 8 (one 4 year old, one skinny teen, and 6 full sized adults) and it was ok. During the day when everyone is in the cabin, remember there are seats on the other side of the fireplace outside as well as outside at the picnic table if you need a little extra air and elbow room. Also, hot tub!! ;)

Thanks for all this info. I just booked our first stay . . 3 nights next June. So excited and this is so helpful!

Agree. We were all so Disneytired by the time we hit the hay that a jazz band could have walked through the cabin and we wouldn't have woken up. I don't remember hearing boat noise much. I actually heard it more often from the 5th floor CCV at WL.
My only advice is to buy LOTS of eggs to cook for breakfast. There were never enough. Also while you're at it, bacon.
That’s encouraging about the noise! I usually sleep pretty soundly after a day in the parks IF I remember to bring my own pillow! Keeping our DGS asleep isn’t the key. ;)
Can’t wait for family time in the cabin!

We were in 8011 this summer. The second cabin from the boat dock (red circle). The EWP was not that loud from there. I didn't really notice the boat horns either. It was great. We did take a walk one morning down to 8026. It was a lovely, but long walk. We did see a deer, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!