CCV Cabin Advice

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
Our family has two nights (waitlisted for the 3rd)
booked for the CCV cabins Jan 2-4. This is our first visit to the cabins and based on high point cost and growing family size, probably our last. As of now, it’s a surprise! So, I’m looking for any suggestions on how to make it even more memorable.
Are there certain cabin numbers we should “request?”
Any perks/pluses that are particularly notable?
We are 5 adults, 16 yr. old and 2 yr. old.
I’d love to hear your experiences!
Thanks so much!
Ellen

Any perks/pluses that are particularly notable?
If I am not mistaken the cabins qualify for Disney Signature Services. This would mean you can purchase the 3 additional Club Level FP, I think. But that is required for 3 days minimum (not nights) at $50 a day for every person on the reservation.

Thank you for your response! I actually called about this but the CM said the cabins are no longer included in the Club Level. However, since I called specifically to ask and that they used to be included, we were still given the option.
While I am very grateful, I’ve now heard from rumors on the boards the trial program might be ending! Hoping not because we’d like to do it!

Thank you for your response! I actually called about this but the CM said the cabins are no longer included in the Club Level. However, since I called specifically to ask and that they used to be included, we were still given the option.
While I am very grateful, I’ve now heard from rumors on the boards the trial program might be ending! Hoping not because we’d like to do it!
Ah the way I understood is it was never true "Club Level" but qualified for the other Signature Services. I did look and they explicitly made the language ambiguous on what rooms count for the services (no longer call the cabin or bungalows out specifically). It no longer lists the FastPass as an option anymore either it seems in general for the qualifying rooms.

Last edited:

Ah the way I understood is it was never true "Club Level" but qualified for the other Signature Services. I did look and they explicitly made the language ambiguous on what rooms count for the services (no longer call the cabin or bungalows out specifically). It no longer lists the FastPass as an option anymore either it seems in general for the qualifying rooms.
You are absolutely correct! They were not ever considered Club Level - should have been clear with my language - but were once included in the Signature Services.
Still hopeful the program continues...

Our family has two nights (waitlisted for the 3rd)
booked for the CCV cabins Jan 2-4. This is our first visit to the cabins and based on high point cost and growing family size, probably our last. As of now, it’s a surprise! So, I’m looking for any suggestions on how to make it even more memorable.
Are there certain cabin numbers we should “request?”

I think you will love the cabins...they are really a beautiful way to spend time at WDW!

As for cabins to request, that depends entirely on your preferences. Here's a map of the Wilderness Lodge campus including the cabins along Bay Lake:

CCV Cabins map.jpg

I believe the cabins run from 8001 at the far left to 8012 near the boat dock. Then start again with 8013 near the pool/Geyser Point down to 8026 by the old (now closed) nature trail.

Personally, I feel that the walks to either end of the line of cabins are pretty significant. Certainly makes it a bit of a hike to make a "quick trip" to the Mercantile store in the lobby or the quick service food options.

For best convenience to the boats which take you to Magic Kingdom, or to the other Bay Lake resorts (Contemporary & Fort Wilderness), I'd request one of the red circled cabins (8008-8012). If you are more interested in quicker access to the pools or Geyser Point then the blue circled cabins would be a good request (8013-8017). Typically these would be noisier due to the pool noise but since you are going in January there won't be a lot of pool activity going on. And the Boulder Ridge Cove pool is quieter anyway since it doesn't do the music or loudspeaker games like the main pool does.

All the cabins are amazing, and you can't go wrong with any of them. But if you want to make a request, those are where I'd look.

I echo what Granny says. I'm not sure about the north side cabins (8001-8012 as Granny correctly notes) in terms of the EWP, but I don't think they have much, if any, of a view. The south side cabins should all have a decent to very good view of EWP. Not exactly a perk, but something worth noting. It is a long hike from the farthest out cabins. 8026 is the farthest out--it's the cabin to the extreme right of the diagram above. It's nearly a quarter of a mile to the main Lodge from there which is great for privacy but not so much if you don't want to walk that far to board a boat or get to the lobby. On the opposite side, 8001 is a slightly shorter distance. I should also mention that the north side cabins are also prone to a lot of boat traffic since the waterway in front of them is the main route to CR and MK, not to mention we've seen numerous early morning fishing charters sitting along the shore on our way to MK for rope drop or EMH. The fishing excursions aren't terribly loud, but the boat horns of the transport boats might be an issue if you're sensitive to that sort of thing (we aren't). Enjoy!

What awesome suggestions for location! My first reaction is I’d like to be nearer to the transportation but I don’t know if the horns would bother our DGS 2 sleeping. How late do the boats run? We will have a car, however, so the side closer to Geyser Point may be nice, too.
Thank you so much for the pluses for each side!
So many good decisions to make!! :)

We will have a car, however, so the side closer to Geyser Point may be nice, too.
Just a note each side of the cabins have a dedicated parking lot specifically for those staying in the cabins. They are marked on the map posted above, which makes the further out to mid-distance cabins closer to parking.

The south side cabins should all have a decent to very good view of EWP. I should also mention that the north side cabins are also prone to a lot of boat traffic since the waterway in front of them is the main route to CR and MK, not to mention we've seen numerous early morning fishing charters sitting along the shore on our way to MK for rope drop or EMH. The fishing excursions aren't terribly loud, but the boat horns of the transport boats might be an issue if you're sensitive to that sort of thing (we aren't). Enjoy!

These are really excellent points from Sleepy. I hadn't thought about the boat traffic from the MK run. Not a big deal, and even provides some nice people watching (and waving) if you so desire.

EWP on the other hand, is quite loud, and I have to think that it would be very noticeable, especially in the South cabins. And you will experience the same boat horns, but not the MK boat traffic in the Southern cabins.

How late do the boats run?

A quick glance at the MK park hours for early January indicate a 9:00 am opening and 9:00 pm closing. The boats will run to and from MK about an hour before and after park hours. However the boat that runs around Bay Lake generally goes later...our experience is that it goes until around midnight. But those boats don't run in front of the North cabins like the MK boat does. So just some toots on their horns as they approach the dock.

Just a note each side of the cabins have a dedicated parking lot specifically for those staying in the cabins. They are marked on the map posted above, which makes the further out to mid-distance cabins closer to parking.

Another great tip! Which is why the "what room location is best" really depends on the guest's priorities! :)

EWP on the other hand, is quite loud, and I have to think that it would be very noticeable, especially in the South cabins. And you will experience the same boat horns, but not the MK boat traffic in the Southern cabins.
Approximately what time does EWP run each night? (After the new year) Hopefully DGS “white noise” machine would drown it out, while the adults could enjoy!

Approximately what time does EWP run each night? (After the new year) Hopefully DGS “white noise” machine would drown it out, while the adults could enjoy!

According to Touring Plans, the EWP comes in front of WL at 9:30 pm. If there are fireworks at 9:00pm at MK, the EWP comes 20 minutes later.

Touring Plans: EWP

Honestly, I don't think white noise would block the sound of EWP if you are in a cabin right in front of it (near the Boulder Ridge pool). If that is a concern, you might want to go for the Northern cabins (red circle in map above) to reduce this issue.

So now I’m debating...noise of the constant boat horns/traffic from MK or loud music from EWP? Too bad I can’t predict a 2 yr. old’s sleep habits. If I could I’d probably be a millionaire! 8-)
Thanks for all the great info!!

So now I’m debating...noise of the constant boat horns/traffic from MK or loud music from EWP? Too bad I can’t predict a 2 yr. old’s sleep habits. If I could I’d probably be a millionaire! 8-)
In the room, tired after a full day in the parks or at the resort, I don't think EWP will be a huge issue. You can't miss it if awake, but I'd only worry if DGS was a very light sleeper.

FWIW - we stayed in a garden wing room at the Contemporary overlooking the main pool back when DD1 was 2. So during nap time, we had music and loudspeaker games from the pool, and at night the EWP. She slept through everything! Our DD2, who is a lighter sleeper, slept through MK fireworks that felt like they were rocking the windows of our lake view BLT room. I wouldn't worry too much about the 2yo sleeping through EWP or the boats at the cabins.

According to Touring Plans, the EWP comes in front of WL at 9:30 pm. If there are fireworks at 9:00pm at MK, the EWP comes 20 minutes later.

Touring Plans: EWP

Honestly, I don't think white noise would block the sound of EWP if you are in a cabin right in front of it (near the Boulder Ridge pool). If that is a concern, you might want to go for the Northern cabins (red circle in map above) to reduce this issue.

Staying in BLT on the 10th floor, I had a direct view of the cabins at CCV. When they EWP comes by, even with the windows closed, you can CLEARLY hear it.

FWIW - we stayed in a garden wing room at the Contemporary overlooking the main pool back when DD1 was 2. So during nap time, we had music and loudspeaker games from the pool, and at night the EWP. She slept through everything! Our DD2, who is a lighter sleeper, slept through MK fireworks that felt like they were rocking the windows of our lake view BLT room. I wouldn't worry too much about the 2yo sleeping through EWP or the boats at the cabins.
Hoping our 2 yr. old is so tired it won’t bother him either! I’m encouraged to hear your “light sleeper” slept through!! Ours is a light one, too!
Thank you!

Took my family of 6 to CCV in February and stayed in the last cabin (8026). This cabin gives you the best "cabin on the lake" experience:
1. Only one cabin next to you (no one was in the cabin next door during our trip)
2. looking out over the lake to a tree line forest
3. almost no noise (except for the water parade and that last 15 minutes)
4. lots of birds
5. access to the cabin using the cabin parking lot (bypassing the main lodge)
6. easy access to the walking trail to Fort wilderness (its now been blocked due to construction)
7. cabin parking lot only had three cars in it (there are parking spots for about 10 cars).
8. Hot tub on the back porch
9......... Great place to get away from the crowds.

Its the closest thing to being at Disney, but not feeling you were.

Took my family of 6 to CCV in February and stayed in the last cabin (8026). This cabin gives you the best "cabin on the lake" experience:
1. Only one cabin next to you (no one was in the cabin next door during our trip)
2. looking out over the lake to a tree line forest
3. almost no noise (except for the water parade and that last 15 minutes)
4. lots of birds
5. access to the cabin using the cabin parking lot (bypassing the main lodge)
6. easy access to the walking trail to Fort wilderness (its now been blocked due to construction)
7. cabin parking lot only had three cars in it (there are parking spots for about 10 cars).
8. Hot tub on the back porch
9......... Great place to get away from the crowds.

Its the closest thing to being at Disney, but not feeling you were.
Wow!! Makes me even more excited for our stay!
I love to have a break from the craziness - especially since it will be New Year’s week! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be stressed at all about noise (either from EWP or horns or really much of anything), especially since both bedrooms are on the front side of the cabin away from the lake. It really was a peaceful, luxurious place to vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!