CCV 2 Bedroom Villa Question

disneypanda11

Mouseketeer
We're booked for a 2 bedroom villa at CCV (non-DVC members) in April 2020. Disney's website states that one of the bedrooms has a king bed and the other has two queen beds. However, in the video walkthrough of a two bedroom villa on the Disney website, it shows a 1-bedroom villa/ studio combination floor plan with the second bedroom having one queen bed and a pullout couch in addition to a kitchenette. It's noted that "dedicated 2-bedroom villas have two queen beds and no kitchenette".

Can someone shed some light on this for me? We were under the impression that a 2 bedroom villa is a unique floor plan, not just a 1-bedroom villa + a studio. Is there a possibility we will not be placed into a "dedicated 2 bedroom villa"? We'd like have two queen beds in the second bedroom- do I need to specifically request that?

Thanks for your help!

We're booked for a 2 bedroom villa at CCV (non-DVC members) in April 2020. Disney's website states that one of the bedrooms has a king bed and the other has two queen beds. However, in the video walkthrough of a two bedroom villa on the Disney website, it shows a 1-bedroom villa/ studio combination floor plan with the second bedroom having one queen bed and a pullout couch in addition to a kitchenette. It's noted that "dedicated 2-bedroom villas have two queen beds and no kitchenette".

Can someone shed some light on this for me? We were under the impression that a 2 bedroom villa is a unique floor plan, not just a 1-bedroom villa + a studio. Is there a possibility we will not be placed into a "dedicated 2 bedroom villa"? We'd like have two queen beds in the second bedroom- do I need to specifically request that?

Thanks for your help!
So there are technically two types of floor plans: Dedicated 2 Bedroom and Lock-Off 2 Bedroom. The Dedicated would be one cohesive unit more in line with your expectations (which CCV has). The Lock-Off is the joining of a studio and 1 bedroom with the amenities you listed. It has been understood when booking a 2 Bed on the Cash side you will be getting a dedicated unit as DVC typically doesn't put the Lock-Off's in that category because they get more money for Cash bookings by breaking them up into 1 beds and studios then booking as a 2 bedroom. So you should be put into a dedicated, unless some maintenance issue occurs and they are forced to put you into a lock-off.

To note on the DVC side they are specifically listed as two different booking categories.

This is the layout of the 2-bdrm dedicated at CCV. We stayed in one this past summer. The second bedroom as 2 queen beds. Also, the bathroom area is great. There are 2 separate sinks and a huge closet.
CCV_2_bdrm.jpg

I stayed in a two bedroom villa at Copper Creek in February. It had the two queen sized beds in one room and king in the master bedroom.

Attachments

• received_2187641768166359.jpeg
    received_2187641768166359.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 10
  • received_753610848372037.jpeg
    received_753610848372037.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10

Best to call MS and ask the CM to add a request for a dedicated villa. I always do this for our 1 bedrooms at BWV and so far, it's been honored 100% of the time. Might just be coincidence, as I always book at 11 months and as a pp said, they book the dedicated villas before they break up any of the lock-off units. Even though there may not be separate booking categories for the dedicated and lock-off villas, MS can see what was actually booked when the system "chose" a category for you).

I like my 2 bedroom lockoff since I get the studio walk in shower (and a few other reasons), but I'll be forced to get a 2 bedroom non lock off on my next years trip (since the 11mo booking window has passed and if I choose to upgrade).... Does those come with walk in showers as well, or only tubs?

I like my 2 bedroom lockoff since I get the studio walk in shower (and a few other reasons), but I'll be forced to get a 2 bedroom non lock off on my next years trip (since the 11mo booking window has passed and if I choose to upgrade).... Does those come with walk in showers as well, or only tubs?
It will be a tub/shower combo for the 2nd bathroom.

The second bedroom has a tub/shower combo. The master bedroom will have a separate jetted tub and a walk in shower

Attachments

• received_322916481672614.jpeg
    received_322916481672614.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Copper-Creek-Shower.jpg
    Copper-Creek-Shower.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!