• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR (Which building)

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
Here's my CBR building question. I want to request the prettiest building, interior and exterior, with the best view and the coolest beach. I don't care about distances from the food court or the bus stop. We usually don't eat at the foodcourts and we always rent a vehicle. We will be taking our then 4 year old for the first time. How exciting!!! Also, is it worth the extra $10.00 a night to request a waterview? I have stayed a FQ Riverside before and loved it; but I thought it would be nice to try something different. I'm too stingy to go for a deluxe resort. Besides, the moderates are pretty cool.

Thanks.

The interiors are all going to be the same. Don't spend extra for the water view. The only one I wouldn't recommend is Trinidad South because it is so far away. I like all the exterior colors and think all the areas have great landscaping and beaches.

are personal favorite is Martinique. really pretty blue buildings with red roofs. I believe the interiors will be pretty much the same throughout the resort. close to the beach and closest to the main pool.

rlduvall Congratulations on your upcoming trip. I love CBR. I like you are too stingy to pay the money. I think that all of CBR is beautiful. This summer we are going to Jamica. I love the yellow and white buildings! We were in Martinique last summer which was close to OPR and had red and blue buildings. I am paying for the water view this year. Ten dollars is not that big a deal for me. I just love the idea of coming out of my room and seeing that beautiful beach!! As stated before, all insides are the same. I love the themeing inside and I love the curtain that separates the vanities from the room. It allows for a wonderful dressing area. You'll love it there.

SM, I'm just curious how you got the price of only $10 more for a water view. When I called to request a water view, the CM told me it would be $22/night more and that it really wasn't worth the $$$. He said I could spend $22 more wisely.

DawnF316-It's just a $15 dollar difference a night. I guess when I looked at the total picture I didn't think that it was that much more. We are going for 14 nights and it didn't amount to much more for us. I guess it boils down to if you think that the $15 is worth it. I stayed last year and loved walking by the water. I just thought that my family and I could be just that much closer. There was someone who had pictures of the beautiful view from their water view room. I was just thinking that it would be a nice touch. :D

No matter what room you pick you are always close to a view of the lake. The courtyard areas are very nice also.

I personally would not pay more for a waterview. You could be getting the view of the pool for one, and for two, how much time do you really spend looking out your window? We have stayed at CBR 3 times, and I find the courtyard view just as beautiful. And, less people walking by your room. If you think about it, the $15 dollars a night you are spending - times 7 days or 14 days - that is either $105 or $210 you could be saving. Just not worth it for the 3 seconds I might be looking out at the water each day.

And, I think any building is good. I like the yellow ones best for exterior (Jamaica??), but we usually stay in Trinidad South, the walk is about 5 minutes, and it is peaceful...

Speaking for myself I was stating my views also. The OP asked for information and that is what all of us has done. It is up to the OP to decide from this information where they might want to stay. Then after they do hopefully they will post what they experienced when they went. I thought this is what the boards are all about.

We've stayed at CBR twice, the most recent being 4 years ago. Anyway, we loved Trinidad South because it was so far away. It felt nice and remote and it was very quiet. We didn't pay for a waterview but both times were given a corner room with a water view anyway. Very nice view of the lake. My question is now that Pop Century is erected (but not open to the public...imagine that) can you see it from CBR, specifically Trinidad South?

Anyone know???

PamNC

PAMNC-yes you can see it from CBR. That was how we noticed it the most. Especially when the bus crosses the brigde!

We just left CBR 2 days ago and yes you can see the the pop century bulidings from Trinidad South and the bridge. About all you see is the roofs and the top of the bowling pins at the corners of the buildings. The trees block most of the view. I was very curious about it and was disappointed you couldn't see more. Also Jamaica, Trinidad South and part of Barbados were completely closed. Trinidad South looked as if it hadn't had any guests for quite some time. The landscaping looked a little neglected. Jamaica looked as if they were still doing some refurbishing. Carpet rolls and ect. in the parking lot. And Barbados had a cast member sitting in the parking lot blocking off one of the lots. Don't know what that was about. The day before we left they set up 3 white tents in the far parking lot of Jamaica. Never did figure that out either. The food court is nice and the Grab and Go section was wonderful.

Shelby5514:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter