CBR vs. POFQ

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
We don't have our next trip planned until May 2021, but I was just wondering about all of those girlie tour groups that invade multiple times per year.

We stayed at POP February 2018 and there were a few groups there. The food court was complete chaos and loud! My folks said they wouldn't stay there again for that reason alone.

Do they ever stay at the Moderates, or do they always stick to the Values?

Can people recommend one of the above resorts versus the other?

I agree too, POFQ. It is a lovely resort, and the quietest of all of the moderates, imho.

We stayed at POR in November and it was the best stay we ever had, it was quite and the room was comfortable and clean. The food court was pretty much standard as far as offerings and POFQ is the same as I look on the Disney website.
The best thing about POFQ is the pool great for kids and adults.

Thanks all. How's the food court offerings?
We actually go out of our way to have several meals there and have yet to even STAY at that resort! They are amazing with special dietary requests .. and come on, beignets now shaped like MICKEY!
images

between those two I say POFQ for sure

we have never stayed at a value but have stayed in FQ several times and love that resort

Done both, would stay at both again. And POFQ means you can take a boat ride to Disney Springs. Nice bonus.

CBR has been completely revamped since we were there in 2016. With everything being redone, and by the time you go the addition of the Skyliner gondola system it would be a nice stay with easy access to HS and Epcot. We enjoyed it much more than we ever thought we would, so much so that we would stay there again (right offer and right price of course).

I haven't stayed at either one (yet) but have decided on CBR for August on the (very slim) chance that the gondola thing will be up and running. I did get a preferred room (all that was available for my dates that came with a discount). So hopefully the size won't be too difficult to deal with. We have stayed at AoA, POP twice and Yacht Club (wish we could stay there again but the price is too much this time).

I know for a fact that event/sporting/dance/cheerleading groups do stay at Caribbean Beach Resort because my family was part of one of those groups and CBR was the only option as part of the package.

I know for a fact that event/sporting/dance/cheerleading groups do stay at Caribbean Beach Resort because my family was part of one of those groups and CBR was the only option as part of the package.

It's probably not the norm though. One or two groups is one thing. Add those to all of the 15s, etc and it's chaos.

It's probably not the norm though. One or two groups is one thing. Add those to all of the 15s, etc and it's chaos.
It actually is the norm. CBR is usually offered to the groups. We have traveled to WDW a few times as a team under the group bookings. They always offer a value and a mod option.

Port Orleans French Quarter is by far our favorite moderate. So small and quiet! And we love the food court.

CBR is a large resort and some people don't like that. However, the Skyliner coming there soon might be a game changer. Easy access to Epcot & HS. That would be my pick for that reason.

Just got back from our WDW/DCL/WDW trip and stayed at POFQ...Loved the resort and food court. We had some SW credits to use so we found some cheap flights in June and got a reservation at POFQ with the Annual Passholder discount...super excited to return to the resort, even if it is just for 4 days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!