CBR vs AOA Family Suite

Danidawn1012

Earning My Ears
We're staying July 5-14, 3 adults (myself, husband and mom) and 3 kids (16, 14, 12). Trying to decide between 2 rooms at CBR or a family suite at AOA. Anyone have any pros/cons to each? This is only our second onsite stay and my moms first, so I'm really not sure which way to go. Thanks for any input!

I’m pretty sure the family suites at AoA only sleep five. There is a queen in the closed off room, the Murphy bed and the pull-out couch that sleeps two. Even if they can fit an extra roll-out bed in there, which would take much of the available free space when the Murphy bed and couch are open, it would be cramped and three of you would sleep in very uncomfortable beds.

I would go with 2 rooms, though CBR wouldn't be my first choice of resort. With the ages of everyone going, I think more space is needed than what you would get in an AoA suite. 4 real beds are better than 1. And if your mom needs a bit of privacy, it would be easier to come by with 2 rooms.

Moderate resorts also come with nicer pool areas and bus stops that are shelters, which will be nicer than those at AoA.

The catch for me would be number of sleeping surfaces. With one Queen and two double beds, the AoA suites sleep six....but on three sleeping surfaces. Will sharing work for your group? We have a kicker in our group....no one sleeps with him 8-) . With two CBR rooms you have four beds (and perhaps the little pulll downs- though they may be too small for your group to use comfortably). On the flip side, at AoA you will be together. At CBR you can request that the rooms be connected or at least adjoining and they will try to meet the request, but it won't be guaranteed. Does that matter for your group? If it would be easy to split up the group into two truly separate rooms, having a fourth bed may be more than worth it. If it were me, I would ask on the AoA thread if there is room for an air mattress at night to add a sleeping surface....and then think about whether we are going to be in the suite a lot....is there enough space for downtime. We added a rollaway to our CSR room last trip and managed with the lost floor space. At least an air mattress can be "put away" during the day. (We haven't stayed at AoA yet, but are planning to next trip :-) we will only be a party of four but need all three sleeping surfaces. I have been following the AOA thread and the Murphy and pull out beds get decent reviews)

I think part of the decision is how much time you will spend at the resort....
As far as resort vibe, layout and amenities go, I would definitely suggest spending time on the CBR and AoA dis threads and checking out www.touringplans.com

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter