• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR & Refillable Mugs

dtfsays

Earning My Ears
We have the very first refillable mugs that CBR came out with. Can anyone out there tell me if they have them have they used them recently. The past three visits to the world we stayed at the Dolphin Resort. This Aug. we'll be returning to CBR.

Also, for all the old timers of CBR...if you've been since the new renovations of the food court area how does it compare to the original ? ? We use to enjoy sitting/eating/relaxing in the carpeted area towards the back. It was always quiet there.

One more thing...do they still have the Calypso band playing by the pool area a few nights a week?

The renovation of the food court is very nice. The major improvement is that instead of checking out at each "shop", there is a centralized check out, where you will also find the drink dispensors. Above the drink dispensors there is s sign that says refillable mugs are refillable for the entire length of stay during the trip in which they were originally purchased.
The bar and sit down restaurant area have been moved to the side closest to Martinique, so the place I'm thinking you used to sit and relax, is no longer there. Still a nice food court though.

The food court doesn't seem as private as it used to. We used to sit on the platform with the TV. It isn't there. It is nice now but different. I have some pictures on my web site. The URL is listed below.

The mugs are different at CBR. There is a sign on the beverage station stating the policy of the mugs. They are good for length of stay when you purchase them. I am sure others will tell you different but that is what the sign says. The 2 styles of mugs now have little mermaid theme on them.

Bumping up for an answer about the calypso band. I never knew they had this and hope they still do. Anyone know?

The last several times we went there wasn't a band. I know in 2001 at Christmas they had a 1 man band doing caribbean music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter