CBR pics.

last ones.....

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

haven't looked through the whole thread but some beautiful pics there, we booked Caribbean beach and were wondering if we would regret it, having stayed at POR FQ and SSR, we deiced to book CBR based on budget and were getting nervous looking at the TripAdvisor review saying it looked run down etc...but i now know these are rubbish.

haven't looked through the whole thread but some beautiful pics there, we booked Caribbean beach and were wondering if we would regret it, having stayed at POR FQ and SSR, we deiced to book CBR based on budget and were getting nervous looking at the TripAdvisor review saying it looked run down etc...but i now know these are rubbish.

I stayed in Aug. 2014. I was a bit worried about it as it wasn't a place I wanted to stay, but I wanted to try all resorts so booked my short trip there. It was fabulous and beautiful. So much better than I expected. The rooms were being refurbished then and I got one of the newly done rooms. Trip advisor can often be misleading as it all goes on people's experiences and wants. What one person thinks is bad is wonderful to another person. Go with what you think you would like. It does not however look run down.

Your photos are absolutely beautiful ! What kind of camera do you use?

Thank you very much.

Well, I lug around more camera equipment than most people of sound mind are willing to carry. I have a Canon 5D Mk III DSLR and a slew of lenses. Note that I also bring along a tripod on my early morning strolls.

Thank you very much.

Well, I lug around more camera equipment than most people of sound mind are willing to carry. I have a Canon 5D Mk III DSLR and a slew of lenses. Note that I also bring along a tripod on my early morning strolls.
I checked out your link for your flickr Disney pics. Now those are some very nice photos! How did you get the close up of the hippos?
So awesome !

I checked out your link for your flickr Disney pics. Now those are some very nice photos! How did you get the close up of the hippos?
So awesome !
Thank you maryj :thanks:
I have a couple of hippo pictures posted. One is from the Wild Africa Trek in AK. We got to see a pair of hippos close from above as they fed them. Overall it was a great experience. The other pic is from the Kilimanjaro Safari. I got lucky and was able to capture a big fella coming out of the water. I used a 300mm Telephoto Lens for that one.

Really enjoyed seeing the photos on the last few pages of this thread. Sadly the ones from the older pages are no longer there. :(

My daughter and I will be at WDW in November, staying in our favorite resort (Port Orleans Riverside) but...DH and I will be staying a few days the following February and I have been thinking about booking the trip to stay at CBR and after seeing the photos I definitely want to stay there!! It looks like a beautiful resort, I love the lake, hammocks, wildlife, etc. Just to take a walk on all the pathways at the resort would be fun. :) Looking forward to following this thread for the next few months, to see more photos.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Really enjoyed seeing the photos on the last few pages of this thread. Sadly the ones from the older pages are no longer there. :(

My daughter and I will be at WDW in November, staying in our favorite resort (Port Orleans Riverside) but...DH and I will be staying a few days the following February and I have been thinking about booking the trip to stay at CBR and after seeing the photos I definitely want to stay there!! It looks like a beautiful resort, I love the lake, hammocks, wildlife, etc. Just to take a walk on all the pathways at the resort would be fun. :) Looking forward to following this thread for the next few months, to see more photos.

We stayed at CBR from 12/19/17 to 12/26/17 We were concerned because of the constrcution happening now however we had an awesome stay and as weird as it may sound it was very relaxing we were in Aruba building 55 very close to the construction and barely noticed it .

Taken during our Thanksgiving, 2017 trip. We did not stay at our beloved home away from home this trip because we couldn't get a room with the free dining promotion. However, we did ride over to check out the construction, temporary set-ups, food tent, etc.

Arriving at the resort via Disney transportation.

24652749757_418049c384_z.jpg

24652765957_39471971df_z.jpg

27744313709_f9ebcda880_z.jpg

39490387902_033776f248_z.jpg

Their temporary merchandise truck.

25649773928_005a600c58_z.jpg

Food truck located near the food tent:

39520681011_ef185a3ba9_z.jpg

The temporary bar:

39490355722_87af99cb8f_z.jpg

One of the games set up on the beach near the pool bar. As you can see, they have put a few umbrella tables on this beach too.

39490363702_64f1ed1186_z.jpg

The food tent as seen from the main promenade:

39490350332_6623b6449e_z.jpg

Just before you enter the food tent, there is a trailer/truck to the right where you place your order during lunch hours (at least that was the case during the time that we visited). You placed your order there and then picked up our order inside the tent.

27744194609_ee8a7f60c6_z.jpg

**Continued in next post

Christmas decorations outside of the food tent:

39520595551_56fb4712b0_z.jpg

39520588671_bf3ea83fd5_z.jpg

They had cold water available for guests outside the food tent. As you can see, there was a food truck parked there but it wasn't open.

38811787694_494f285fc8_z.jpg

The line to place your order. (standing at the food tent looking towards the main promenade.)

39520601821_cc95fcf5e3_z.jpg

Inside the food tent. The chefs that prepare the meals. You pick up your food to the left of where the chefs are standing:

38624583565_6a6945864f_z.jpg

The drink and condiment stations:

38624578565_ab5b7e18ab_z.jpg

We both ordered something simple (there wasn't a lot of choices during lunch time service) cheeseburgers with tater tots and a pasta salad.

27744166079_5ebd96dfae_z.jpg

And a cheeseburger with tots and macaroni and cheese.

39520582681_4ba5d97ed9_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!