• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

catnapper's secrets

matchmaker

Earning My Ears
we are booked offsite. just wondering (in all disney theme parks). where are the best place to unwind, raise one's feet or nap and just relax during midday. :o

My DW says I found the movie in France most relaxxxxxxing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:jester:

Any of the 3D Movies puts me right out zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Also the Fast Pass area for Splash Mountion is so shady,and theres several little seating area's there.And it's cut off from the main part of MK.

The Tommorowland Transit Authority at MK is a quiet easy ride. I could fall asleep here very easily! My son usually falls asleep during the American Adventures show.

There are several benches not too far into EPCOT where one can rest and people watch.

Hall of Presidents!!! Theatre chairs, very dark, sit in the back. Just mke sure you wake up in time to see all thre presidents.

Are you talking about for you or for your kids? There are a lot of dark movies, and even some dark slow rides like Spaceship Earth, that a sleepy child could easily sleep through. But you may be so involved in it that you can't sleep.

In Magic Kingdom, Pathway behind arcade in Tomorrow Land, some benches, rarely travelled, really quiet. Also going over bridge towards Hall of Presidents look left behind some shops, nice hidden area, shaded, nice view of Castle.

Hall of Presidents in MK and American Adventure in Epcot are my favorite places to rest my eyes.

TTA is the best! The ride takes about 15 minutes and there is usually no problem about staying on for a second ride. I like to change the direction I'm seated - first backwards and then forwards, you see different things. But you can sleep, too.

Ellen's energy ride is pretty soporific.

I once slept through the Indiana Jones show. I had a sinus infection and wasn't feeling well, and it was so warm in the theater, that I was out a like a light. I jerked awake a couple of times when something exploded but mostly, I was just snoozing.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority makes a great break.

This is one subject I have tried all over the parks and can add a few more options. Before I go to far I carry those foam earplugs in my bag, they work great and take up no space.
The lobby of WL is great tends to be a little on the dark side and not noisy. Big comfortable chairs help.
During non busy times of the year I have napped on the Monorail, no body bothers you but the announcements are a little loud.
MGM- Doug Live now gone was a great 20 minute nap sit near the top as far over as they will let you go. Once I told the seating CM was there to rest my eyes and she let me go to the end near the top.
Sounds Dangerous is currently one of the best ....don't put on the headphones.
Beauty and the Beast- If the weather is good a nice rest being the show is so long.
Catwalk Bar- Only open during Holiday long hours at night. It's dark with nice soft chairs of many sizes.

AK- by far the hardest, all of the attractions or shows are herky jerky, short, or just plain loud. Best places I have found are along the nature trails. There are benches spaced all around. Near the Bird show is the old Island Traders (I think that was the name) you can walk down nearly to the water and no body ever goes down there.

EPCOT- easy here the films at Norway and Canada and also American Experiance (always watch it first time) are great nap places. Space Ship Earth is now so jerky and creaky that it is getting hard.

MK- for me I jump on the train for a break nice breeze and a few laps. TTA as hosll mentioned is a good break. Most of Splash Mountain can be napped through.

I go solo and stay on site normally so just a few minutes is all I need and maybe the escaping dad look is why no one ever bothers me.

RussH

whenever my husband gets cranky in epcot, we'll visit the american adventure (he'll awake all happy & refreshed...) - at mk, it's 2 or 3 times around on the TTA (takes his sneakers off & stretches out across the seats) or a seating at the hall of presidents (he's usually snoring before the curtain opens....) and at mgm, we'll stop in at the sci fi dine in for a snack for me(and a nice nap for him, there in the dark)

he'd probably sleep during spaceship earth, except the headrest in those seats is kind of hard & makes it difficult to relax..... otherwise, the cool, darkness during the ride helps him get back to his "happy place"

oh, my husband just reminded me about sounds dangerous in mgm - leave off the headsets & you're in a nice dark, quiet theater - just don't get caught drooling on yourself when the lights come back on....

Definitely the Catwalk Bar at MGM and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority at the Magic Kingdom. The paddleboat at Liberty Square in Magic Kingdom. The boats at Epcot that run from the International Gateway to MGM & back. The Walkway area benches at the International Gateway in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter