category 10 vs 11

meb51

Mouseketeer
I think we have considered just about every category between category 4 and 11. There are 5 of us (3 adults - 2 kids) planning our first Disney cruise. We could get 2 category 10 rooms on deck 2 or 2 category 11 rooms on deck 6. Any pros or cons? Would we be substantially more comfortable in category 10 rooms compared to 11? Is there any difference in the type of movement you would feel on deck 2 compared to deck 6? We also considered a category 4 family suite but that doesn't appear to be as popular an option. Has anyone just really loved the family suite?? Thanks for your input.

We have stayed in cat 11, 10 and 9 and on decks 2 and 7.
The major difference from Cat 11 to 10 is the split bath.......which is awesome....but if you are having two rooms, then you have two baths.

We love deck 2......but I think we are in the minority. It is so convenient to get to dinner and to the shows and off the ship. Plus the movement level I found to be less than on deck 7. JMHO.

We found ourselves to NEVER be in the room except to sleep and get ready. SO for the savings, we always book cats 11-9. It is a personal choice.

Kamy

Thanks for the quick reply kamgen. It helps to hear from people who have done this before!

We did the family suite with 5 (2 adults & 3 kids) and next time would go for 2 rooms instead OR, if the Lottery Fairy visits us, one of the real suites!

Hi meb51,

We will be taking our third DCL trip in a few weeks. On both of the previous trips we have had the cat 4 del. family stateroom and we are booked there again. I was just doing some comparing, thinking about next year already, and I'm pretty sure we'll do what we have to to stay in a Cat 4 again. We are a family of five and have found the room to be awesome. Plenty of space, we are unpackers, and have found we can unpack eveything, stow the suitcases and move around freely. The split bath in a must, espeically with a teenaged daughter.

We also like being on deck 8, very quick flight up the stairs to the pools, drink station and top siders. Many times we would bring breakfast trays down and eat on the veranda.

Speaking of which, that is the clincher for us! We love the veranda. It is just soooooo nice to sit out there in the morning and have coffee, or in the evening and watch the stars. It is a nice private place to read and relax, plus the view has always been pretty nice.

Anyway, that's our 2 cents. I think in my comparison you'd have to do a category 9, 10 or 11 (two rooms) to make out with some savings. AGain, we've decided that the veranda is one of the extra worth paying for. Oh, and we didn't spend tons of time in the room, but there were occasional quiet times that it was nice to just kick back and relax in the room, while watching the ocean go by.

Good luck.

One more note, you can get connecting staterooms if you get a category 10, the category 11 staterooms would just be adjoining. You wouldn't be able to move among the staterooms unless you went out into the hall. I also think the split baths are AWESOME, and would get the category 10's because of that.

We have stayed in a 10(2 people) and an 11(4 people), both on deck 5. If your choices were the only ones I had, I would go with the 11s up higher. The only difference between the 2 categories is the bathroom. IMO, being up higher definitely wins out over the split bath(especially with 2 bathrooms anyway).

I too would take an 11 over a 10 unless I could get the secret porthole rooms. We just booked a Memorial Day Magic cruise and took a Cat. 11 on deck 6 rather than risk noise down on deck 2 (we've had a couple bad experiences down there...don't even get me started on stateroom 2626!). I would rather give up the split bath and opt for a better chance at quiet overhead. Of course, there are only two of us so the bathroom is not a big deal.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We just went thru making this decision. We opted for an 11 midship on deck6 (6571) over a room on deck 2 right under the bar. We have never cruised before, but i thought midship would be better(even though it is near the elevator) on a higher deck, rather then deck2 under a bar. Am I right?

We decided to go with the two adjacent category 11 cabins. We're not ones to spend much time in our rooms. I did notice that although people who responded to my question had different cabin type preferences, there wasn't anyone who seemed displeased with what they had chosen.

Now that we have the cabin issue settled, I can obsess about which excursions to book.:D

I have only stayed in a Category 9 on Deck 2 but loved it and I am picky. Maybe when my DS's are older we will go for something else but for right now it was perfect.

Deck 2 was great but location is sooooo important. We had 2108 and it was quiet as a mouse. I loved going down and getting out of the busy traffic but my parents and sisters were on the opposite side of the ship around 2590 and 2580 and it was loud. When I was in their cabins I heard constant noise. Maybe we got luck I am not sure but Dave's nosiy cabin list helped me a lot.

Good luck. I would think 2 cabins would be better than one. If someone wanted to sleep in, stay up and watch TV etc. You could have a quiet area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter