catalina to monterey

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
looking for the half way point along the coast. Can anyone recommend where we should stop for the night and about how long we can expect the drive to be? Thanks:)

Since Catalina is an island off the coast of Califormia
I will assume you will be driving from Long Beach to
Montery and not from the island. It's about a 340 mile
drive which would take an average of six hours.

If you take the 101 a nice half wy point might be Pismo
Beach, Santa Maria or (not quite half way) Santa Barbara.

that's exactly what we're aiming to do. Thanks for the info - the compulsive planner in me has to know things like that! Are those half way points nice places to stop for the night or should we head up a little further?

About ten years ago, we drove down the coast with our (then) 3 young boys. We stopped overnight at The Cliffs Resort at Shell Beach, close to San Simeon (Hearst Castle).

It was a highlight since the boys had a great time swimming in the pool under the stars, and later we wrapped then in blankets and sat on our balcony listening to the waves of the Pacific Ocean crash upon the sand.

I would love to return to this hotel with my DH! Sooo relaxing. :lovestruc

hey you'll be in my area! :) well san luis obispo (my hometown) is a great place to stop or any of the beach towns (pismo beach, arroyo grande, avila).

san simeon is probly around another hour up the road so you'd probably be better off staying somewhere around san luis.

I personally wouldn't suggest santa maria (its not really the nicest place to stop).

theres a lot of cute little beach hotels in pismo. it just all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter