Catalina Island - Random Solo Day Trips & Photos

I hope you get to go on a vacation trip. With the new boards I don't get many notifications by email and don't often find myself on the DIS boards. Your email was nice to get today!

I hope you get to go on a vacation trip. With the new boards I don't get many notifications by email and don't often find myself on the DIS boards. Your email was nice to get today!

Hi, TK! :wave: :banana::banana:

The email notifications were sporadic and spotty even before we changed over to the new platform, but they seem to be just as sporadic and spotty now! :lmao: I don't get a lot of them either, even when I was just active in a thread.

Last year it was simply just going to be too hot for me on my birthday to head to Catalina -- there is not a lot of shade there on the island, so there are not too many places to escape to if the heat is too much. (Why my birthday happens to fall in the middle of my least favorite season, when I hate heat, is beyond me. There is some sort of twisted irony there.)

But... some July weather is better than other July weather. Sometimes it can be overcast and in the low 70s (though I will still get a bad sunburn even if it is not hot), and other times it is in the upper 80s and the sun is harsh and practically melting my face off. So I have to constantly check the weather to see what I am dealing with in the 2 weeks leading up to July 21st.

In any case, I am putting the final touches on a blog about the Egg-stravaganza egg hunt at DLR, which I did 2 weeks ago. I will send you a Facebook message to let you know where to find it when it goes up.

A couple of weeks ago I thought I should come back here to mention that, hopefully, I am on track to go back to Catalina in July.

I found your thread because we are spending July 15th - 24th in LA. Some days will be Disneyland, and we were looking at other options for the rest of the trip and someone had mentioned Catalina. I've really enjoyed all of your pictures/info!

I found your thread because we are spending July 15th - 24th in LA. Some days will be Disneyland, and we were looking at other options for the rest of the trip and someone had mentioned Catalina. I've really enjoyed all of your pictures/info!

Hello there! :wave: Thank you so much for joining in.

Forgive the missing or mangled punctuation in the earlier parts of this thread, due to the website platform switch early in 2015! All of my hyphens, apostrophes and other things disappeared from my reports and comments, and I just haven't had the urge to go back and fix everything.

I think that Catalina would be a great idea for your trip! Were you thinking of a one-day trip? Summer is peak season on the island, and certain tours and things are running then that might not be running earlier in the year, so the options are expanded a bit. Also, the Catalina Express boat departure and return times are more extensive in the summer, which is better.

If I do the free birthday boat ride again this year -- which I am planning on, barring any ridiculous heatwaves or something -- I'll be there right around that time in July that you're in town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts