Castaway Club website help please

Debbru

DIS Veteran
Can someone sign into their castaway club account and tell me if it looks different than it used to? Example - when you click on "view your cruises" my screen used to show "Upcoming Cruises" and then "Past Cruises". Now I only get the listing of past cruises. Above that I'm told to click on a link to "my reservations" to see future cruises. However, the link doesn't show my future booked cruise or our placeholder reservation. Trying to add resie numbers results in the message "invalid number...please call DCL". Called them - their answer was "don't worry - I can see them". Has anyone else noticed this change to the website?

Can someone sign into their castaway club account and tell me if it looks different than it used to? Example - when you click on "view your cruises" my screen used to show "Upcoming Cruises" and then "Past Cruises". Now I only get the listing of past cruises. Above that I'm told to click on a link to "my reservations" to see future cruises. However, the link doesn't show my future booked cruise or our placeholder reservation. Trying to add resie numbers results in the message "invalid number...please call DCL". Called them - their answer was "don't worry - I can see them". Has anyone else noticed this change to the website?

I just went and looked, yes I can only see past cruises.
When I click on my reservations, it shows mine and my daughters reservation for Sept. 30th and my Sept 2 2018 cruise. Its does show my placeholder.
I know I have seen the placeholder before, so I guess its still there.
I would prefer to see it.
Did they say if they are going to put them back on the page at some point?

Thank you for checking. The cast member acted like I was nuts and just kept saying "It's there - I can see it". She then read off the details of the placeholder so I know it's a valid reservation. But I want to see it!!! When the site keeps telling me it's an invaled number, I worry whats going to happen on opening day of the next round of announcements when I call to move this placeholder & it's "invalid".

Thank you for checking. The cast member acted like I was nuts and just kept saying "It's there - I can see it". She then read off the details of the placeholder so I know it's a valid reservation. But I want to see it!!! When the site keeps telling me it's an invaled number, I worry whats going to happen on opening day of the next round of announcements when I call to move this placeholder & it's "invalid".

I will definitely be calling before I call for opening day, to be sure its ready to go...........
Thanks for the heads up.

I noticed that as well. Only showing past cruises but my future cruise did show up under my reservations.

I noticed this the other day. I thought I was crazy at first but realized they changed the format.

MJ

I noticed when my screen was updating that a page with "upcoming cruises" flashed by. I wonder if it's a coding error, as it seems to load a page and load over that.

Hi I have the same problem, I am able to see past cruises, but my placeholder is not visible. If I try to link, I get an error message too. Any solution?

Hi I have the same problem, I am able to see past cruises, but my placeholder is not visible. If I try to link, I get an error message too. Any solution?

I don’t bother with the CC page. I go straight to “My Reservations”.

I don’t know if that works for placeholders though as I only book for a specific date I know I will be cruising.

Same here. Cannot see placeholder cruise under My Reservations and it give an error if you look it up.
I have my confirmation e-mail so I'm not too worried about it, but it would be nice if it worked.

I had the same situation and called. Apparently, they don't show placeholder reservations on the list, but when we assign it to a sailing, it'll show up.

I've never ever seen my placeholder on any of the pages. I didn't know it was something I was supposed to see!

It used to be visible. I emailed Disney and they confirmed it was recently changed in the system.

Disney seems to be removing functionality from their web site. The Castaway Club "View your cruises" used to display future cruises as well as past cruises. The future cruise section used to show all future cruise, including placeholders, without having to enter any reservation information. Now, this section is gone, and you need to manually have to enter reservation information before it appears in the "My Reservations" link. Placeholders can no longer be seen online until they are changed to an actual cruise date.

The "My Cruise Activities" is also less useful now. I can no longer search for onboard fun or adult dining across all days, but need to search each individual day.

The "My Cruise Activities" is also less useful now. I can no longer search for onboard fun or adult dining across all days, but need to search each individual day.

I'm REALLY unhappy about this. We generally do multiple adult dining experiences per cruise, and this has made searching quite a bit more tedious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter