Castaway Club members, please help...

InsanelyMickey

Mouseketeer
Ok, we've only been back from our Disney Wonder cruise for about two weeks and DH and I are planning our second one. :Pinkbounc (I'm so excited DH wants to go again too!)

My question is how long before we receive information on Castaway Club? I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where right now) that the information is mailed to you after your first cruise, but does anyone know how long this usually takes?

Oops, I have another question...

What types of specials or discounts, etc. are usually available to Castaway Club members? I'm planning on getting a quote from Dreams for this trip so should I wait until I can provide our CC ID# to them? I noticed this is one of the items on their online form. I'm sorry this post is getting more complicated as I think up more questions.

I guess in the end I'm looking for any advice on getting the best deal we can this time around as I booked our last trip as a package (land/sea) through AAA and saw quite a few posts telling me I could've done it a lot cheaper in other ways.

Thank you for any help you can offer and sorry for the long post.

Hi there! Your Castaway Club information can take weeks or months to get to you, but you already have a CC identification number from DCL. Dreams can find that out for you should you book with them, or you can call DCL and find it out yourself.

Unfortunately the only FINANCIAL benefit you get from the CC is to book your next cruise while onboard your current cruise -- that's how you get a shipboard credit. There are no discounts for CC members.

No matter what on your next cruise you will receive an in-stateroom gift (currently a beach towel, one per booking) and an invitation to a Castaway Club reception. :) Just be sure your CC number is noted on your reservation.

We have never received anything from the Castaway Club - I should say that we sailed in December of 2001, and never received anything in the mail. We did call and receive our number, and are booked on a cruise next month. We do expect to get shipboard credit because at that time you had, I think it was, 90 days to make a ressie.

It was many months before we got our card-- and had to call numerous times to get it.

We have booked on-board two times and outside of that, I didn't think there were any ways to use your club membership for benefits.

We did get to go to a reception for club members (nothing outstanding, but free drinks and munchies) and of course the nice Disney gift.

You can also go to a special line at port to be able to get registered/board, but we found that line to be longer than any of the others!!

We thought the card/membership was just kind of fun to have and it made us feel like important Disney people! (which of course, we aren't!)

We cruised in DCL 10/01, 1/02 and 10/02, the third trip was with my parents--they received their CC info at our house (I booked the trip for them at DU using our address) in 11/02. We have yet to receive any literature, etc. We did get the return cruisers gift on the 2nd and 3rd trip, but no card or information!!

On the onboard credit for CC members . . . I may have missed something in the last several months - I thought that the credit WAS available if you booked within a certain amount of time of your last cruise - NOT that you had to book the next one while on board.

Has this changed??????

If so, when ??????

Jhalkias, this changed quite a while ago, probably close to a year ago. In order to get a Castaway Club credit you must book your NEXT cruise on your current cruise. There is no other way to get the credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter