Castaway Cay Watercraft Ski Adventure Discontinued

I’ve done it twice and most of the riders were single. Not sure why they would make it sound like they are forcing you to double up. Now that they have jet skis at my local beach for the summer (on Lake Erie) I just do it here. And I can go where I want instead of following the leader.

The banana boat ride is just as fun though and 1/3 the cost.

Much of the time the weather forces the jet ski rides to be cancelled. It’s too rough in front of the breaker. It would be nicer if they launched from Serenity Bay.

Much of the time the weather forces the jet ski rides to be cancelled. It’s too rough in front of the breaker. It would be nicer if they launched from Serenity Bay.

Well, then they would have to change the name from serenity. It's already too noisy when the Jetskis come around to that side of the island.

I’ve done it twice and most of the riders were single. Not sure why they would make it sound like they are forcing you to double up. Now that they have jet skis at my local beach for the summer (on Lake Erie) I just do it here. And I can go where I want instead of following the leader.

Ok, thanks for the information.

Last edited:
It appears the single-rider option (formerly $104) is discontinued, and only the double option remains ($177). So for single riders, that's a substantial price increase.
Count me out :-(

It appears the single-rider option (formerly $104) is discontinued, and only the double option remains ($177). So for single riders, that's a substantial price increase.
Count me out :-(

Thank you for posting. I just logged in to book single jetskis and couldn’t figure why I couldn’t book. Wasn’t sold out because I’m platinum. My husband and SIL will not be happy.

Oh well that is disappointing, my dh wanted to do it for our upcoming October cruise. We could still go double but there is no way in heck I'm getting on a jet ski so he is out of luck :laughing:

Thanks for the report. Any word on what this means for those who have it booked already?

That's disappointing to hear. I had booked two single jet skis at Castaway Cay for me and my college-aged son on our last cruise, but they were cancelled for some reason (rough water?).

I had hoped to try again on our next cruise.

P.S. Are you sure this is true? The watercraft ski adventure at Castaway Cay is still listed on the DCL website for singles as well as doubles. :confused:

That's disappointing to hear. I had booked two single jet skis at Castaway Cay for me and my college-aged son on our last cruise, but they were cancelled for some reason (rough water?).

I had hoped to try again on our next cruise.

P.S. Are you sure this is true? The watercraft ski adventure at Castaway Cay is still listed on the DCL website for singles as well as doubles. :confused:

I just logged in to book and only the double comes up. I’m platinum so it’s not sold out yet. That’s when I came across this thread. I will continue to check in case it’s a glitch.

While the single is listed on DCL's page of port adventure, it has not been coming up when guests try to book for their particular cruise. This has been since at least mid April.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!