Castaway Cay in January

livingisagift

Earning My Ears
Can someone comment on the water temps around early January? we went last year and it was too cold to be in the water, but there was an unusual cold front that week so I don't know what it's typically like.

Can someone comment on the water temps around early January? we went last year and it was too cold to be in the water, but there was an unusual cold front that week so I don't know what it's typically like.
We were there on January 1st two years ago. The water was chilly at first, but we got used to it quickly, and we felt fine getting out as the air was warm. The same has been true when we've been there in late December. Castaway Cay's water is not going to be warm in winter. But if you can adjust to chilly water, you'll be fine.

We have been several times in January, it's chilly but once you're in its great!

We've also been in January. The weather was warm and sunny. I wasn't a fan of the water temps. But I really don't like cold water....

We have been in December and January and water was cold, heck even the air temps were cool, not even 70 and overcast. People sat in their sweaters on the beach. Some, not all. Few were in the water, mainly kids. If you go in with a wet suit it helps. It will be a mixed bag in January, just like Florida. Sometimes very warm, sometimes downright cold. Luck of the draw. I try to avoid cruising or travelling to those areas from Dec to March now - but I want hot when I go South.
However having said all that... I would rather cruise ANYWHERE in January than stay home ;)

Last January the water was warm and enjoyable, we spend the whole day in the water. The year before we went in November and it was too cold to really enjoy. There is no way to tell..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter