cast member support spotlight question

I can’t say there is a consolidated list but if you look at the Disney News and Updates portion either on the side or bottom of the page depending on what device you are using they are in there.

can you copy and paste this text, as the website is blocked in Europe, thanks :)
LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A Polk County high school teacher is feeling a lot less magical this week after she found out she was one of the 28,000 theme park employees laid off by The Walt Disney Co.

“[Tuesday] night it felt like somebody ripped my heart out and they were like ‘Look what I got.’ That doesn’t come back,” said Tracey Downey, a history teacher at Ridge Community High School.

In addition to her teaching job, Downey spent 25 years making magic at Walt Disney World, beginning in 1995 in the college program.

“My favorite character in the entire world and my best friend is Fairy Godmother,” she said. “She’s been a part of me forever. I am who I am because of her, because of Walt Disney, because of the friends I met.”

Her last day working in the parks was March 12.

Her official last day of employment is in mid-December, according to the letter she received Tuesday night.

Downey is hoping to reconnect at least one more time with the Fairy Godmother before December.

“People go to Disney to enjoy the magic. We were the magic. We were the reason that people came to visit,” she said.

Downey feels grateful she still has her teaching job. Many of her fellow cast members are now unemployed.

“They’re the most incredible human beings I’ve ever known. They’re my family. Disney cast members are such a one of a kind thing. It’s really, really tough,” she said. “Giving back to them or purchasing these things or doing things to help them, it gives them worth.”

“There are a lot of really capable and talented people. You learn so much as a front line cast member,” said Sean Faulk.

Faulk, a former cast member, works for The DIS, a Florida theme park-based website.

The DIS is highlighting small businessesowned by laid off and furloughed central Florida theme park employees.

“Jewelry that they’re making themselves,” said Faulk. “We have some chefs that have been laid off that are world class chefs that have worked for Disney for decades at this point. They’re opening their own home delivery food options.”

Spreadsheets, with details about cast members’ small businesses, are available hereand here.

As people begin holiday shopping, Faulk, and others, encourage Disney guests to give back to cast members.

After all, they provided all that magic for all those years.

“We just want to put it out there and let people know, local central Floridians know, about other people in central Florida in your own backyard that are running businesses that you can help with,” said Faulk.

The DIS plans to do more in the weeks and months ahead to showcase the cast member businesses, including video interviews.

If you are a furloughed or laid off Disney employee and own a small business, email content@disneyinfo.com to participate.

“There is going to be a story a decade from now, of somebody who is like ‘I got fired from Disney during COVID and I launched my empire off of it.’ That’s going to be somebody and we want to promote whoever those people are going to be,” said Faulk.

on the podcast they highlight some of the cast member's who have been laid off and where we can find some of their new small businesses and help them out. Is there a place on the dis website that there is a consolidated list to view in one place?
At the bottom of this article that explains what we're doing with our Cast Member Support Spotlight, the Cast Member small businesses we've featured thus far are listed at the bottom and that list updates each time we feature another one – with the newest one at the top. :goodvibes

https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneylandc...aring-our-love-of-disney-cast-member-support/

Wow - very nice news story. And well done, Sean! And thank you, @WebmasterJackie, and whoever all else is involved in helping these CM's, and in helping us all be able to give our support more easily!! People helping people is what this world is SUPPOSEED to be all about, and it fills my heart, and puts a much-needed smile on my face to see stuff like this actually happening! :lovestruc

I did a quick interview with an ABC affiliate in Tampa yesterday and as soon as she sends me a clip of the spot, I'll post it for you guys.

Thanks so much for the kind words and for helping us support these amazing cast members!
Can't wait to see it! That's very exciting! Love that you have been on the podcasts more frequently Jackie! You are always informed and speak with intelligence, kindness and clarity!

Can't wait to see it! That's very exciting! Love that you have been on the podcasts more frequently Jackie! You are always informed and speak with intelligence, kindness and clarity!
That is so sweet of you to say, thank you! Sometimes I feel like a bumbling idiot. 🙃

On the podcast today Pete mentioned getting a Disney wreath.. anyone know where from? I looked at the spreadsheets but I only saw one that mentioned wreaths and it didn't seem to be it when I clicked the link...

I placed an order at Gnome Depot the other day and I honestly wish I had known about this shop sooner because I would have put one of their iron-on patches on my park bag instead of the ones I bought from Disney or Amazon. I love their Hollywood Tower Hotel patch and thought the Christmas version was too cute to pass up.
Gnome Depot is in the spreadsheet of cast member owned small shops and you can find them at: Gnome Depot

On the podcast today Pete mentioned getting a Disney wreath.. anyone know where from? I looked at the spreadsheets but I only saw one that mentioned wreaths and it didn't seem to be it when I clicked the link...
I know which one you're talking about and I'm REALLY hoping that the cast member who makes them will set up an Etsy shop, a website, or a Facebook page – something that I can share a link to – because they post photos of their gorgeous wreaths in the Ear for Each Other Facebook group, but you have to join the group in order to see those posts. They basically take orders in there with people who comment and/or private message the person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!