Cast member dining plan discount:)

ZoeysMommy0308

Mouseketeer
I'm currently booked under friends and family discount for March 2016! We also added the dining plan which hasnt been discounted yet. They told me to check back periodically because it gets taken up quickly. My question is how often should I call? The girl last night said every week...but I'm not beyond calling daily if needed!! :P

For March I would wait until after the holiday. Also you can keep checking back to see if the CM get a higher percentage off rate.

It's usually 2 months before your arrival when they will post if there is a discount, maybe even a month out depending on bookings. Also, FYI, the DDP CM is a "package" now so you are obligated to the 45 day policy of canceling and/or change fees if the rate you are switching to is lower than what you are currently paying. So if they release a discount ddp promotion and it's under 45 days, you will most likely have to pay a change fee since your trip cost will be lower than your original booking but hopefully they will release a promotion before your 45 day window. Also, since it is considered a package, there is a chance that you might have to change your room category or even resort based on what is available when the discount is released. You used to be able to just apply discounts/ddp to room onlys but they have changed the policy now so you can only add the ddp to a reservation that is currently available. So for example, say you are booked at POP now with your full price DDP. If a discount comes out in Jan for March and you go to change it and POP is sold out, you might have to rebook at another resort or just stick with what you have. I stay at WDW as CM discounts monthly…it's a crazy game for sure!

Monthly?! Can I have your life? ;) So basically I can chill out until about January? Thank you for all that information...she is also planning on us using her main gate the week of easter and from what I just discovered those are usually blacked out. Do you know anything about that?

They release the block outs in a 3 month span so in Jan you should hopefully know what is blocked for Easter week. I've been waiting to see what Christmas will be like for some family that is coming so right now they have the calendar posted but nothing on it. I'm guessing they want to hold off and see how their bookings are doing before releasing block out dates.

Could you please explain this in more detail? We have dear friends who moved to FL this spring as he took a job at Disney. We are currently booked on a CM friends & family 40% off room discount for Feb/March. Can't wait to see them and spend some time at Disney! They may add additional promotions or change them? Do I need my friend to call again or can I change it if something else comes out? Is there a way for me to check or does my friend have to do it?

Your friend will have to check his CM work site for updates and changes. For Feb/Mar, they won't release any promotions until maybe Jan or early Feb. If they do, your friend can check to see about a higher discount for your room. You may have to change resorts or room categories if the one you currently have booked is full for the discount available. Hope that helps a little!

Thanks! I will ask them to keep an eye out then. We are currently booked at POFQ and I am excited to try it out as we've never stayed there but I'd be just as happy at any of the other moderates or possibly upgrading depending on the discount.

Any discount for june 2018 ?

You've pulled up a thread that's three years old and it's for Cast Member discounts.

However, to answer your question, I think all the June discount offers time to book has already passed. When the free dining mess clears up later today, you can go on the website and click "special offers" (at the bottom of the page) to see if there are still any out there.

You've pulled up a thread that's three years old and it's for Cast Member discounts.

However, to answer your question, I think all the June discount offers time to book has already passed. When the free dining mess clears up later today, you can go on the website and click "special offers" (at the bottom of the page) to see if there are still any out there.

Ok first i’m a cast member of Paris and second i’m coming in june.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter