Cass & Rob (no Kira) - Bright Suns, Rising Moons, 'Til the Spires!

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Hello people
wavesmile.gif

Surprised to see me back so soon? :rolleyes1

Well, I'm just as surprised as you, as I did not intend to write a trip report for this little getaway, yet here I am. pixiedust:

I decided to write this one for several reasons. The main reason is because we ended up having a TON of fun and I took way more photos than I thought I would. I also realized just how much writing these reports help me to record and to a certain point, re-live our adventures, by sharing them with you, as it all goes by so very fast while you're there, having fun. ::yes::

There's one more key reason, which I will share with you in a bit.

Although I won't mention it too much during the report, we both ended up getting sick during this trip. I arrived in Orlando on February 4th, for a work thing and ended up not sleeping well and then the day before Rob arrived (the 8th), I came down with a cold. Sharing the same small space lead to the inevitable and I sadly gave Rob my cold a few days later. We still had an amazing time and we both managed just fine until we flew home. The pressure and climate change wreaked havoc on our systems and we ended up at the ER four days later. We are still struggling but we're finally on the road to recovery.

The day we ended up in the ER, I was Googling something and came across a very mean-spirited website that was created basically to judge, shame and belittle DISers. In a brief moment of sheer stupidity, I decided to read some of the posts and came across my name several times. It was all very petty remarks, stuff about me making up the fact that I have an auto-immune disease, my ugly baggy eyes, Kira's meal choices on one of our cruises, Rob's pants and my food choices on vacation, etc. :rolleyes2

I will admit, at first, it took all the wind out of my sails.
sigh.gif

I have this sticker that I bought when I was 13 that I put up on my desk. It's gotten me through a lot over the years. I've even recently shared it with my daughter, Kira, as she is now the age that I was when I bought it. It helps her a little too.

turkeys.jpg

Life is hard and people suck. It's pretty simple. It's one of the reasons I love the DIS so much, for the most part, people don't suck on here, they raise each other up, instead of breaking each other down. We share a common love of Disney and in that, I think we all want to make the world just a little better. In this day of social media, it's so easy to judge others and say nasty things. It's easier to point out people's flaws and mistakes than it is to compliment and praise someone. I'm not perfect, far from it actually but I can think of about million other better things to do with my time than judge someone I know very little about and say nasty things about them on a public forum, anonymously.

At first, it made me want to never write a trip report again.

I get it, I put myself out there, post pics and share my vacation adventures with thousands of strangers, I'm bound to irk some people and rub them the wrong way. Not everyone is a fan of mine and that's okay.

What I realized a few days later, after thinking about it, is that these people all have a choice to read my reports or to skip over them. My reports are not brief or diminutive, they take a long time to read and require a lot of patience on the reader's part to get to the end. They are not for everyone. Not everyone wants to read an epic tale that takes months to write, and I'm not everyone's cup of tea. That's fine. So, what it comes down to is feel free to skip my reports and go onto others who don't annoy you! If me and my baggy eyes bother you, don't read my reports!!!

And just a few notes for my critics....I've had Lupus for 23 years now, it sucks and it's definitely NOT something I would make up! I know there are other Disney-loving lupies around the world (or people with similar chronic issues) and I like to show them that while it can be tough, you CAN do Disney with health issues. Rob has FIVE pairs of travel pants that he wears only on vacation. They are light and airy and keep him warm and cool enough in Florida and California, they have tons of pockets and if he gets too warm, he can zip off the bottoms and turn them into shorts. While they are similar in colour, he does, indeed, have five pairs of them, not just one! If Kira wants to eat a Caesar Salad every night for dinner on vacation, I am not going to stop her! She sometimes is too shy to ask for what she actually wants and doesn't want to make the server do any more work on her behalf. Those DCL menus look and sound way fancier than what they actually are! I do not eat chicken tenders, hot dogs and hamburgers every day at home! Depending on the year and our vacation schedule, I eat a ketogenic diet full of vegetables about 45-48 weeks of the year. I like to indulge in my favourites while on vacation, like most every other person I know. And finally, those bags under my eyes come with age, wisdom and a massive struggle with Lupus eye rashes that I have had to deal with the past five years. I don't like them either but I'm still alive and kicking and that's all that matters to me. And one last thing...it takes a whole lot of effort, energy and work to bring someone down. Instead of criticizing people you don't even know, why not offer someone a compliment instead. That will make you both feel better. ;)

So, to everyone who is reading this...if you want to hear about our adventure at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Walt Disney World, hop aboard, we had a blast and I would love to tell you all about it. If not, please feel free to skip this and find someone else who doesn't annoy you. :thumbsup2

Let's get this sucker started, shall we?
vader.gif

---------------------------------------

Check out my other trip reports

:cool: 2011 DCL Second sailing of the Dream
:cool: 2013 October WDW & DCL Fantasy
:cool: 2015 Disneyland
smiley.jpg
2016 Christmas on the Wonder
:cool: 2017 Universal & DCL 10-Night Southern Caribbean Fantasy
smiley.jpg
2017 Christmas on the Wonder
:cool: 2018 Summer WDW & Universal
smiley.jpg
2018 Christmas on the Wonder
:cool:2019 Disneyland
:cool:2019 Universal Orlando
2019 Christmas on the Wonder
:cool: 2020 Galaxy's Edge
smiley.jpg
2021 Christmas on the Wonder
:cool: 2022 UO & DCL Fantasy
🇨🇦 2022 Alaska Wonder Cruise

Last edited:
Chapter Links :darth:

February 9th, 2020
Part 1 - Coronado Springs
Part 2 - Party of 2

February 10th, 2020
Part 1 - Black Spire Outpost
Part 2 - Rising and crying
Part 3 - The other stuff
Part 4 - The Millenium freakin' Falcon!!
Part 5 - Staying in Batuu, I guess
Part 6 - Savi's, Smugglers and so much more!

February 11th, 2020
Part 1 - Fighting off the First Order all by ourselves!
Part 2 - We finally left Batuu!
Part 3 - Back to Batuu & Oga's
Part 4 - This is the droid you are looking for

February 12th, 2020
Part 1 - "Til the Spires, Batuu, breakfast, rest & construction.
Part 2 - The day of whips

February 13th, 2020
Part 1- Until next time

Trip Video

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Last edited:
I`m here!! Incredible how people think being rude is ok on the internet, because they are "hiding" and not face-to-face. A smile or a compliment goes a long way and for some people, in may be the only kindness they get in their day and it doesn't cost a penny. I am super happy that you have chosen to write this report even though it was unplanned because I fully enjoy them. I love the fact that your family does vacation however it works for you, we do that too. You do you!! I eat healthy at home, less while on vaca because for me it's part of my vacation. My kids really enjoy, even now as teenagers, that on vacation they are allowed to have dessert before the meal if they feel like it and it's absolutely fine! It's part of their favorite vacation memories and it's not something they ever ask for at home. Like you said, those people who are being critical aren't forced to read your reports, it's up to them to move on if they don't like it. As for how anyone dresses on vaca, whatever! As canadians, sometimes in Florida we may look bizarre in shorts and Ts next to a floridian with a big coat and I couldn't care less! That being said, how anyone can believe that you would make up an illness is beyond belief. I deal with chornic pain every day, I have a hard time walking and vacation at Disney can be super hard on the body. We don't all have visible illnesses, it drives me bonkers when people judge like that, I don't wish it on anyone. I hope you and Rob get 100% better realllll soon. Really looking to following along on this new trippie.

February 9th, 2020 - Part 1

This report is going to start out very differently from my other ones as I was already in Orlando for a work thing when I am starting this tale. Rob was actually in Arizona, visiting his parents who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Also, we didn't have Kira with us as she would miss too much school in order to join us and she's at that age where missing school is tough on her and difficult for her to catch up.

Kira's best friend and family were taking good care of her though so with our girl in good hands, we decided it would be a great opportunity for Rob and I to enjoy some alone time in Disney and explore Galaxy's Edge together for the first time...sort of.

I had spent February 5th with my co-workers taking a VIP Tour at Disney World. We had started our morning off at Hollywood Studios in order to grab a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. We got boarding group 79, which, on a normal day, would have been perfect but sadly the ride had been down for a good part of the day and they ended with boarding group 67 at 7pm. This was disappointing for all of us but I knew that I would have the chance to try to ride it with Rob. While we did ride Smuggler's Run as a group (and I got to be a pilot, yay!) we didn't have the chance to explore the land at all.

Rob and I would have three full days to explore and we made Galaxy's Edge the priority for all three of those days. We debated on visiting Animal Kingdom for a few hours one day but without Fast Passes, that plan was quickly dismissed. We did get to spend a few hours in Epcot and about 9 hours in the Magic Kingdom but the rest of our time was devoted to Galaxy's Edge so if you're not interested in Star Wars, this may be boring for you. ::yes::

I was staying at Universal's Aventura Hotel so after getting ready for the day and packing up my last-minute stuff, I had debated on my plans for the day. Rob wouldn't be arriving until 4:15pm so even though I had slept in a bit, I still had a lot of time to kill. I had a few things on my list like getting some throat drops, checking in to Disney's Coronado Springs and doing a load of laundry all before I left for the airport.

By the time I left Aventura, I was starting to get hungry so I decided to hit up one of mine and Rob's favourite places in Orlando, Keke's. The Dr. Phillip's location was close and had a Publix on the other side, which was perfect!

By the time I drove there, I had realized that it was a Sunday and that it would probably be super busy. Oh well, I have lots of time to wait.

I was pleasantly surprised that they could seat a party of 1 or 2 immediately as they have small tables at the very left-side of the restaurant. As I was being seated, I recognized a YouTube vlogger who's brother I follow, sitting next to me. I knew from Michael Kay's channel that this was his brother, David. I had no idea that he had his own channel but he was there alone and was vlogging so I checked it out when I got home and sure enough, he has his own channel.

2.jpg

I basically hid behind him when he was vlogging so that I would not be featured on YT :laughing:

I also lucked out and got our favourite server, Lauren! :cool1:

Because I was alone and knew what I wanted, I was in and out in about 20 minutes! It was delicious as usual and I was missing Rob because he likes it just as much, maybe even more than I do. :lovestruc

1.jpg

I popped in to Publix and got a few things and then I was off to Coronado Springs!

We had stayed here before as a family back in 2013 in the Cabanas section and we loved it back then even before the room refurb and the new Grand Destino Tower was built.

I was excited to see the new tower so I parked in the check-in parking and then went inside.

3.jpg

Although I have seen YT video before, this place just took my breath away!! :worship: It was GORGEOUS!!!!

Holy cow, I was super impressed!! I didn't even wait in line as they have CM's with iPads approach you when you enter. I told him I was checking in, he brought up my information on the tablet and then told me to wait there while he went and got our Magic Bands. I gotta say, that was probably the nicest check-in experience I have ever had! I just stood there in awe, looking around!

4.jpg

The CM came back a few minutes later with our two MB's and a map with our room number on it. And I was done! Talk about service!! pixiedust:

I had booked us a Preferred King Room, which is located in the Casitas section so I hopped back in the car and drove over to the Casitas 3 parking area. Good lord, even the parking area was gorgeous, filled with beautiful palm trees!! I had my bags with me so I didn't take a pic but I have video of it, later on in the trip when Rob was driving.

We were in building 3, so I figured parking right at the Casitas 3 sign would be a good spot. I had never stayed over in this section and it was a bit like a puzzle at first before I got my bearings. I finally found our building and room and the elevator, not easy to get to from where I parked. :scared:

11.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

The room was GORGEOUS!! I loved it!! Having a king bed was also phenomenal because it gave Rob and I more room and it made our room very spacious! I took photos and videos and unpacked myself a little. I gathered the clothes I would need for the next 4 days as well as the refillable mug that I had purchased at Pop Century the day I arrived on this trip and then went in search of the laundry room.

Started a load of laundry and then went exploring!

13.jpg

The laundry was in behind the quiet pool in the Casitas section. I made sure to check the pool hours as I knew tonight would be the only chance I would get for some pool time. :thumbsup2

14.jpg

I walked around pretty much with my jaw on the floor, it was so beautiful here! The Cabanas section was nice as I recall but not as beautiful as Casitas!

15.jpg

From the walkway behind Casitas 3, heading towards the Grand Destino Tower.

16.jpg

Gorgeous trees everywhere!! :love:

17.jpg

I took so many photos :rolleyes:

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

I headed into the main building, filled my mug with some Diet Coke and then headed toward the tower. Here's the old check-in area...

21.jpg

You can stay inside the whole way but I popped outside to get one last photo of the Tower...

22.jpg

Every nook and cranny in the Tower is just so beautiful, even the elevator lobby!

23.jpg

There was gorgeous art with hidden mickeys everywhere! :earseek:

24.jpg

Looking up towards the main entrance, which is in the middle, where those lights are hanging...

25.jpg

26.jpg

Gorgeous art + Hidden Mickeys = :love:

27.jpg

28.jpg

Now on the second floor, where the check-in area is, looking down...

29.jpg

Check-in desks...

30.jpg

Main entrance...

31.jpg

Work space...

32.jpg

33.jpg

Both sides of the lobby have these great long bench seats with plug-ins at each section...

34.jpg

Inside the elevator...

35.jpg

I know I keep using the same word, but seriously, it was gorgeous in here! I will have to stay in the Tower one day. :worship:

I am at my image limit so I will continue tomorrow. :thumbsup2

I'm excited for the new trip report but it's so hard to believe that people can be so cruel. I just don't get it. They must have nothing to do in their lives...who has time or energy for negativity like that! It makes me angry that you were the target and I'm sorry for that. I had no idea such a group existed and I've been on the disboards for many years. I'm just happy that you didn't let it deter you and that we get another fabulous trip report to read!

Hello people
wavesmile.gif

Surprised to see me back so soon? :rolleyes1

Well, I'm just as surprised as you, as I did not intend to write a trip report for this little getaway, yet here I am. pixiedust:

I decided to write this one for several reasons. The main reason is because we ended up having a TON of fun and I took way more photos than I thought I would. I also realized just how much writing these reports help me to record and to a certain point, re-live our adventures, by sharing them with you, as it all goes by so very fast while you're there, having fun. ::yes::

There's one more key reason, which I will share with you in a bit.

Although I won't mention it too much during the report, we both ended up getting sick during this trip. I arrived in Orlando on February 4th, for a work thing and ended up not sleeping well and then the day before Rob arrived (the 8th), I came down with a cold. Sharing the same small space lead to the inevitable and I sadly gave Rob my cold a few days later. We still had an amazing time and we both managed just fine until we flew home. The pressure and climate change wreaked havoc on our systems and we ended up at the ER four days later. We are still struggling but we're finally on the road to recovery.

The day we ended up in the ER, I was Googling something and came across a very mean-spirited website that was created basically to judge, shame and belittle DISers. In a brief moment of sheer stupidity, I decided to read some of the posts and came across my name several times. It was all very petty remarks, stuff about me making up the fact that I have an auto-immune disease, my ugly baggy eyes, Kira's meal choices on one of our cruises, Rob's pants and my food choices on vacation, etc. :rolleyes2

I will admit, at first, it took all the wind out of my sails.
sigh.gif

I have this sticker that I bought when I was 13 that I put up on my desk. It's gotten me through a lot over the years. I've even recently shared it with my daughter, Kira, as she is now the age that I was when I bought it. It helps her a little too.

turkeys.jpg

Life is hard and people suck. It's pretty simple. It's one of the reasons I love the DIS so much, for the most part, people don't suck on here, they raise each other up, instead of breaking each other down. We share a common love of Disney and in that, I think we all want to make the world just a little better. In this day of social media, it's so easy to judge others and say nasty things. It's easier to point out people's flaws and mistakes than it is to compliment and praise someone. I'm not perfect, far from it actually but I can think of about million other better things to do with my time than judge someone I know very little about and say nasty things about them on a public forum, anonymously.

I get it, I put myself out there, post pics and share my vacation adventures with thousands of strangers, I'm bound to irk some people and rub them the wrong way. Not everyone is a fan of mine and that's okay.

What I realized a few days later, after thinking about it, is that these people all have a choice to read my reports or to skip over them. My reports are not brief or diminutive, they take a long time to read and a lot of patience on the reader's part to get to the end. They are not for everyone. Not everyone wants to read an epic tale that takes months to write, and I'm not everyone's cup of tea. That's fine. So, what it comes down to is feel free to skip my reports and go onto others who don't annoy you! If me and my baggy eyes bother you, don't read my reports!!!

And just a few notes for my critics....I've had Lupus for 23 years now, it sucks and it's definitely NOT something I would make up! I know there are other Disney-loving lupies around the world (or people with similar chronic issues) and I like to show them that while it can be tough, you CAN do Disney with health issues. Rob has FIVE pairs of travel pants that he wears only on vacation. They are light and airy and keep him warm and cool enough in Florida and California, they have tons of pockets and if he gets too warm, he can zip off the bottoms and turn them into shorts. While they are similar in colour, he does, indeed, have five pairs of them, not just one! If Kira wants to eat a Caesar Salad every night for dinner on vacation, I am not going to stop her! She sometimes is too shy to ask for what she actually wants and doesn't want to make the server do any more work on her behalf. Those DCL menus look and sound way fancier than what they actually are! I do not eat chicken tenders, hot dogs and hamburgers every day at home! Depending on the year and our vacation schedule, I eat a ketogenic diet full of vegetables about 45-48 weeks of the year. I like to indulge in my favourites while on vacation, like most every other person I know. And finally, those bags under my eyes come with age, wisdom and a massive struggle with Lupus eye rashes that I have had to deal with the past five years. I don't like them either but I'm still alive and kicking and that's all that matters to me. And one last thing...it takes a whole lot of effort, energy and work to bring someone down. Instead of criticizing people you don't even know, why not offer someone a compliment instead. That will make you both feel better. ;)

So, to everyone who is reading this...if you want to hear about our adventure at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Walt Disney World, hop aboard, we had a blast and I would love to tell you all about it. If not, please feel free to skip this and find someone else who doesn't annoy you. :thumbsup2

Let's get this sucker started, shall we?
vader.gif
I love all your trip reports ! So glad you decided to write this one. Your reports inspired me to not be afraid taking my baby on holiday. Took him at 8 months old and we had the best trip yet.

Yay!! I'm glad you decided to do a report!

Wait, there's a website dedicated just to making fun of Dis'ers? Wow....that's truly pathetic.

Enough about those losers.....

This resort is gorgeous! Opulent even :eek::thumbsup2

Hi Cass,

Following along on your surprise trip report.

I don't comment often but I look forward to all of your reports, especially the cruises, and enjoying seeing your family adventures. We recently took your advice on our last trip in December to try KeKe's and ended up there twice it was so good.

I have no explanation as to why anyone would post such negative comments, I can only say I think you are very brave to share your illness with us and I think its inspiring for many that may be dealing with a similar illness or any other to show you can have full and fun life. I appreciate the time and effort you take in sharing these reports and hope you will continue to do so because there are way more of us who enjoy them!

Yay! I love your trip reports! While researching my upcoming Disneyland trip I found your 2019 Disneyland trip report. I have been hooked ever since. Thanks for writing them!

February 9th, Part 2

I headed back towards the old check-in area...

36.jpg

I checked out the store and I ended up buying a magnet since I hadn't gotten one back in 2013.

37.jpg

38.jpg

I think I dropped off my drink in the room. This is the Palm courtyard, the view from just outside of our room.

39.jpg

Looking the other way, where Casitas 3 (on the right) meets Casitas 1, on the left. This is where the other set of elevators is.

40.jpg

Now near those elevators, looking back towards the Tower, our room is to the left of this pic.

41.jpg

Looking down from the elevator area...

42.jpg

I headed down and then took another pic looking up. The elevators are to the right...

43.jpg

And then behind me is where I headed to get back to that quiet pool.

44.jpg

Just chillin'...

45.jpg

I flipped my laundry and then walked out towards where I parked the car and then figured out a much better place to park (near Casitas 1, in the very first parking lot) and also a much faster way to get to and from the parking lot.

I figured I would go check out the pool since I won't get the chance again this trip. The main pool closes at 8pm and we wouldn't be back in time after the parks. I've been in the pool before, it's very nice, with a massive hot tub and a nice little slide. :thumbsup2

46.jpg

47.jpg

I stopped at Three Bridges Bar & Grill, looks like a great new place for food, drinks with great ambiance. ::yes::

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

Loved these wind chimes :lovestruc

52.jpg

53.jpg

The Dig Site pool...

54.jpg

It was getting hot so I headed towards the laundry room and grabbed my clothes and then headed back to the room.

I love this channel, every now and then you see birds fly across the sky and ducks swimming by. I folded my clothes and chatted with a friend on Messenger for a bit.

55.jpg

I ended up back at El Mercado, which is the food court area that is the closest place for me to refill my drink. I decided to time myself, since I now knew the quickest and shadiest way to the main building. Took me just over two minutes to get there, fill my cup and get back to my room. Not too shabby at all! Preferred is definitely the way to go at this resort, if you're not staying in the Tower. :thumbsup2

56.jpg

57.jpg

I was going to leave for the airport around 4pm since Rob's flight would be getting in at 4:15pm but he texted me at 3:45 saying he just landed! :eek:

WHAT!!!???

He's 30 minutes early and I needed to get my butt to the airport now!! I told him to text me when he got his bags and again when he's outside to let me know what door number he was waiting at. I ended up getting to the cell lot before he got his bags so I pulled in, parked and waited about 5 minutes before he texted me that he was now at door 12. Phew! I thought I was going to be late but I made it with just enough time. :woohoo:

It had been 5 days since I last saw him so we both had huge, cheesy grins on our faces when we saw each other. 💜

Loaded up his stuff and then we went straight to dinner...

58.jpg

There was a new Cheddar's on 192, only 10 minutes from our hotel, perfect! :thumbsup2

He was looking forward to having his croissants again. Sadly there was no Kira to share them with.

59.jpg

We put our order in right away since we knew what we wanted and we were starving. We got caught up with each other's weeks and still no food. It was taking a very loooong time. I laughed when our server brought me a refill, since I had hardly even touched my original drink :lmao: I think she was compensating for the food taking forever LOL!

60.jpg

Rob's...

61.jpg

Mine...

62.jpg

Back to the hotel!

63.jpg

The Tower was even prettier at night! :love:

64.jpg

We parked in Casitas 1 and took the quickest way to the room, that totally worked out better ::yes::

Rob unpacked and got settled in for the next 4 nights. He asked me where the safe was....you know...I hadn't seen it yet so I checked the only cabinet that I hadn't opened, on his side of the bed and found it. :goodvibes

65.jpg

I forgot to mention earlier that I was thrilled to finally have a fan in a bathroom! I am still puzzled as to why most hotel bathrooms in Florida don't seem to have one. It was on a motion sensor timer though so if you popped in the bathroom for a quick second, the fan would go on and stay on for about 10 minutes. Since I get up to go to the bathroom once or twice a night and the fan was loud, I needed to figure out a way around that because it would wake up Rob.

A few minutes later, I figured out the perfect hack! :rotfl2:

66.jpg

It totally worked and I made sure to remove it when we checked out. ;)

It was now just after 10pm so I had just under an hour left to swim. Rob grabbed his book and joined me pool side.

67.jpg

It was so nice to swim under the gorgeous palms, in the beautiful weather. I could easily spend a few weeks here, not even going to the parks, just enjoying the resort, it's definitely one of my faves. :cloud9:

Oh no don't let anybody stop you from writing reports. I love reading all your travel adventures.
If Kira wants to eat a Caesar Salad every night for dinner on vacation, I am not going to stop her!
When we cruised on the Magic in 2002 my nephew would order apple juice, chicken noodle soup and steak every night for dinner. The wait staff knew that is all he ordered so every night when we got to our table the apple juice was already there waiting for him. Don't worry about what people say - it is your vacation and you can do whatever you want.
Love the update so far. I did see some of your pics on facebook and so I know that you had a great time.

I`m here!! Incredible how people think being rude is ok on the internet, because they are "hiding" and not face-to-face. A smile or a compliment goes a long way and for some people, in may be the only kindness they get in their day and it doesn't cost a penny. I am super happy that you have chosen to write this report even though it was unplanned because I fully enjoy them. I love the fact that your family does vacation however it works for you, we do that too. You do you!! I eat healthy at home, less while on vaca because for me it's part of my vacation. My kids really enjoy, even now as teenagers, that on vacation they are allowed to have dessert before the meal if they feel like it and it's absolutely fine! It's part of their favorite vacation memories and it's not something they ever ask for at home. Like you said, those people who are being critical aren't forced to read your reports, it's up to them to move on if they don't like it. As for how anyone dresses on vaca, whatever! As canadians, sometimes in Florida we may look bizarre in shorts and Ts next to a floridian with a big coat and I couldn't care less! That being said, how anyone can believe that you would make up an illness is beyond belief. I deal with chornic pain every day, I have a hard time walking and vacation at Disney can be super hard on the body. We don't all have visible illnesses, it drives me bonkers when people judge like that, I don't wish it on anyone. I hope you and Rob get 100% better realllll soon. Really looking to following along on this new trippie.

Glad you're here, Jen! :cool1:

Thanks so much, you said it all very well. :hug:

I'm excited for the new trip report but it's so hard to believe that people can be so cruel. I just don't get it. They must have nothing to do in their lives...who has time or energy for negativity like that! It makes me angry that you were the target and I'm sorry for that. I had no idea such a group existed and I've been on the disboards for many years. I'm just happy that you didn't let it deter you and that we get another fabulous trip report to read!

Thanks SM! It almost deterred me but I guess I'm not that easy to get rid of. :p

I love all your trip reports ! So glad you decided to write this one. Your reports inspired me to not be afraid taking my baby on holiday. Took him at 8 months old and we had the best trip yet.

Awww, I am so glad to hear that!! :lovestruc

Right back atcha! :hug::lovestruc

Yay!! I'm glad you decided to do a report!

Wait, there's a website dedicated just to making fun of Dis'ers? Wow....that's truly pathetic.

Enough about those losers.....

This resort is gorgeous! Opulent even :eek::thumbsup2

Yeah, tell me about it! :rolleyes2

Opulent!! YES!! That is the perfect word for it!! My brain was stuck on the word gorgeous! :rotfl2:

Hi Cass,

Following along on your surprise trip report.

I don't comment often but I look forward to all of your reports, especially the cruises, and enjoying seeing your family adventures. We recently took your advice on our last trip in December to try KeKe's and ended up there twice it was so good.

I have no explanation as to why anyone would post such negative comments, I can only say I think you are very brave to share your illness with us and I think its inspiring for many that may be dealing with a similar illness or any other to show you can have full and fun life. I appreciate the time and effort you take in sharing these reports and hope you will continue to do so because there are way more of us who enjoy them!

Well thanks for posting! :goodvibes :hug:

Oooh, I'm glad you enjoyed Keke's!!! :woohoo:

Yay! I love your trip reports! While researching my upcoming Disneyland trip I found your 2019 Disneyland trip report. I have been hooked ever since. Thanks for writing them!

Thanks for the kind words! :goodvibes

Oh no don't let anybody stop you from writing reports. I love reading all your travel adventures.

When we cruised on the Magic in 2002 my nephew would order apple juice, chicken noodle soup and steak every night for dinner. The wait staff knew that is all he ordered so every night when we got to our table the apple juice was already there waiting for him. Don't worry about what people say - it is your vacation and you can do whatever you want.
Love the update so far. I did see some of your pics on facebook and so I know that you had a great time.

I enjoy sharing my adventures too much, some petty comments won't stop me. ;)

Kira was the same as your nephew on that cruise. She knew she would be safe with a Caesar salad and they could easily make one for her every night. I'm very glad that she has branched out since and let's me give her some recommendations though ::yes::

mean-spirited website that was created basically to judge, shame and belittle DISers

Sadly, not everyone is nice and for some folks, they feel more powerful if they can belittle others. Social media has made it easier for those folks to be nasty to a larger population. In my profession, we have a name for them and it can be found under the personality disorders. I am sad you came across the group but I am glad you are still writing reports.

In this day of social media, it's so easy to judge others and say nasty things.

Yes and they should not. My gran used to say, "If you cannot say something nice about someone, say nothing at all."

Rob has FIVE pairs of travel pants that he wears only on vacation

Ditto for my Rob. I also have several linen/light weight cotton shirts that I wear only when traveling. I can wash them out in the sink and they are dry the next morning.

If Kira wants to eat a Caesar Salad every night for dinner on vacation, I am not going to stop her!

Yum for Caesar salad and if she wants to eat that every night, awesome!

I like to indulge in my favourites while on vacation,

Me too, I never eat chicken fingers at home but when we cruise I will indulge at least twice (more on longer cruises).

Instead of criticizing people you don't even know, why not offer someone a compliment instead.

Hear! Hear!

Now I will back up to start reading about your trip.

February 10th, Part 1

Today was the day!! :yoda:

We were up early and in the car by 7:05 am, driving to Hollywood Studios. :cool1:

The old entrance off Buena Vista Drive is no longer open so we had to drive all the way around the back to the new entrance.

68.jpg

I like that they made it exactly 13 feet, ties in with Tower of Terror :p

69.jpg

We parked and then walked to the bag check area, which is now massive and spans the entire two sides! :worship:

70.jpg

Then it was time to get in line to enter the park. They weren't letting anyone in yet but we made our way all the way down to the right-hand side, which had less people and then joined a queue and waited for them to start letting us in.

71.jpg

72.jpg

We didn't have to wait long before we were on our way.

73.jpg

I wanted to take a pic of the new arch...

74.jpg

And then we headed left for Galaxy's Edge.

75.jpg

We got to Grand Avenue and things came to a halt.

76.jpg

We went over by Sci-Fi Dine In, where there were less people.

Rob was getting excited, this would be his first glimpse of the new land and he is a MASSIVE Star Wars fan! He is part of the 501st, a worldwide Star Wars screen-accurate costuming club that get together to do charitable and social events such as visiting kids in the Children's Hospital, movie premieres, Calgary Stampede events, etc.

You can see him in his Clone Trooper costume here:

501st TC-7623

He packed all of his 501st stuff to wear and trade and give out to other members and kids. He has his trading cards and some Star Wars tattoos that he gives out on every trip and this was no exception.

The big thing to trade, as part of the 501st, is coins. These are special collector coins that you can only get by being a member and he was hoping to find some other members to trade with. He brought a few of the newer, more popular ones to trade with, such as this one...

77.jpg

78.jpg

It doesn't look like a coin because of the shape but he has some really cool ones that do. The one I liked the best is the Mandalorian coin.

We had some time to kill and then just before 8am, we got ready to score a boarding group. Getting a boarding group, right at park opening, is the only way you can ride Rise of the Resistance. There is no stand by line, no Fast Pass, only boarding groups. They are typically gone in 1-3 minutes after park opening so you have to be fast! ::yes::

We made sure to sign into the app and then close it up just before 8am and then turn wi-fi off and then open up the app again. We were both trying at the same time, whoever got it first, got it. This morning, I opened my app too late and it took forever to load. By the time I was able to get into the app, Rob had secured us boarding group #22. :cool1:

Perfect!!! That would give us time to explore a little, grab some breakfast and just enjoy this outpost on the planet of Batuu. :thumbsup2

79.jpg

We joined the herd that was slowly making its way into Galaxy's Edge.

80.jpg

Here's our first glimpse...

81.jpg

We exited the herd and made our way left for the first photo op of many. :rolleyes:

82.jpg

Most people were heading right and into the queue for Millenium Falcon, Smuggler's Run, which was already posting a 2-hour wait! :scared:

83.jpg

We headed into the almost-empty Marketplace...

84.jpg

85.jpg

A CM asked us if we wanted our photo taken together, so... why not! :flower:

86.jpg

The first set of restrooms is off to the left here and if you're patient enough, you will see a dianoga pop up in one of those tanks :worship:

The entire land here is FULL of easter eggs from the movies. Some are subtle and some are obvious but as a fan, it's so much fun to spot them! If you're not a huge SW fan, you can still appreciate all of the amazing details in GE but if you're a fan, it will literally make your day! :lovestruc

87.jpg

I figured it would be empty, so I popped in for a quick pic just because they are so unique. The first time I was in here, (last week) it kind of freaked me out because when you are washing your hands, you're so used to either looking at a wall or a reflection of yourself in the mirror but here, you are staring into the eyes of a stranger who is washing their hands across from you. HAHAHA! :rotfl:

88.jpg

We carried on, taking in all of the details of the different shops...

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

I love how each shop is different and it looks like they just used whatever they had for light fixtures, some look quite fancy and pretty, some are very industrial and plain.

92.jpg

Some are cages and fans and random pieces of machinery and objects.

93.jpg

Some stores have audio animatronic creatures in them like this Loth Cat...note that he's snuggling a little porg. :lovestruc

94.jpg

Rob was checking out the robes...

95.jpg

Kat Saka's Kettle, where you get the flavoured popcorn...

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

After taking in the great details in all of the stores, we headed down to the end where Ronto Roasters is located...

99.jpg

Rob was getting hungry and needed something to eat to we got these...

100.jpg

We timed it perfectly as no one was in the line but by the time we finished eating, there was a massive line, all the way out and around the corner!

101.jpg

I had a small piece of the ronto wrap. It was good but a little on the spicy side for me. Rob enjoyed both but said the oats were a little weird. I love how even the cups have a star wars-y look to them. :p

102.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful resort. We have visited to eat but never to stay. I need to put it on our to-do list.

66.jpg

It totally worked and I made sure to remove it when we checked out.

Awesome trick! I need to put it in my long-term memory bank. You are correct, most hotel bathrooms in FL do not have fans...and they need them.

It was so nice to swim under the gorgeous palms, in the beautiful weather. I could easily spend a few weeks here, not even going to the parks, just enjoying the resort, it's definitely one of my faves

Sounds like a great plan. The last few times we visited WDW, we did to go to the parks. We enjoy hanging around the resorts so much that the parks have become secondary on our visits.

Jealousy really seems to embolden complete strangers on the internet...how pathetic and sad!!

1. You have an awesome family!
2. You write great, helpful trip reports!
3. You're living your best life!

Keep doing YOU!! :grouphug:

Cass, I'm sorry you felt the need to write that first post. People like that just arent going to get it. You can ignore them, pity them or be flattered. I mean, Ive had people flat out mock me on a site. But to create a new site dedicated to mocking me and my friends, that takes some special devotion. There is some real emotion there.

Just to give them some extra fodder:

I also have an autoimmune disease. It's super fun to have a seemingly invisible at most times disease. It is particularly funny when doctors wont believe you. Or when someone of authority is giving you a hard time.

I also buy multiples of clothing that I like. If I'm lucky I can get a variety of colors but if I really like something I will get two that are exactly the same.

I also order a Caesar salad every night. Because that's not funny enough I order it dry. With no dressing. I usually order 2 or 3 desserts, whatever appeals for the night.

I also have bags. I will give you guys this one. Mock away. But if you happen to know of something that actually works, please PM me. Here at the Dis, not your secret site.
-----

So back to you Cass. Probably not planning on a trip to GE anytime soon since neither my husband nor I are big SW fans. But I enjoy your writing style. And the wordiness usually allows for me to pick up some tips that I can use elsewhere. Feel free to make it a longer TR. ;)

Wow, the theming of this new area is just so on point!!! It's just incredible. I cannot wait to see it in person, though I know it probably won't be til 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!