Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

Good one! Definitely worth the wait!

We never go to Universal so it was interesting to see what they have to offer.

When we board a Disney ship and they announce our name, I always get teary and goose bumps. Heck, I just got teary and the goose bumps watching you guys board!

Good work! I was groovin' to the music on this one!

LOL! So was Kira! I showed her part 3 and she knew every single word in every single song :rolleyes: :lmao:

And here is Part 4, with yet, two more glitches! I hate video editing software :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Loved this trip report! You have a way with words (and pictures) lol! I've been following you for years and I can't believe how grown up Kira is. We are going to Disney in December and reading reports gets me very excited. We are also planning something for March and thanks to your report, it may be a last minute cruise on the Magic lol. Thanks for the great job!

Loved this trip report! You have a way with words (and pictures) lol! I've been following you for years and I can't believe how grown up Kira is. We are going to Disney in December and reading reports gets me very excited. We are also planning something for March and thanks to your report, it may be a last minute cruise on the Magic lol. Thanks for the great job!

Hi SplashMom! :wave2:

Thanks so much for the lovely words! :hug:

You will LOVE the Magic!! :cool1:

Another good one! Loved seeing your dh and Kira dancing together. So cute!

I think they're pretty cute :p :lovestruc

So....I was having huge issues making part 5 so I ended up buying new video editing software! :rolleyes:

Since I've been using the other software for over 12 years now, there was a bit of a learning curve but part 5 is all done now :cool1:

I am not super happy with this one, mostly because of the lack of content. We didn't do anything in Tortola and I literally have zero footage of Castaway Cay (except us leaving it!) because it was so humid that every time I started to film, my lens would completely fog up. :sad1:

Also, at the end of every vacation, I just get fed up taping everything cus it's a lot of work :rolleyes1

Anyway...here's the finale pixiedust:

YAY! Loved this one, too! You made me smile! Thanks for taking us along on your vacation.

:thumbsup2 :worship:

I've just got finished watching your first video. It's very inspiring to want to do something similar - such a great way to remember your vacation. ::yes:: I'll need you to come along with us though and film it all...oh, yeah and then take the hours it takes to edit it all down. :rotfl: Love them, I will get to the rest later on today hopefully! :thumbsup2

This was a great trip report too!

I loved that Kira was brave and did the zipline experience. I'm so glad she liked it.

The double rainbow was beautiful! It seems fitting that Castaway Cay would be beneath it.

YAY! Loved this one, too! You made me smile! Thanks for taking us along on your vacation.

:thumbsup2 :worship:

Awwww, thanks :hug:

I've just got finished watching your first video. It's very inspiring to want to do something similar - such a great way to remember your vacation. ::yes:: I'll need you to come along with us though and film it all...oh, yeah and then take the hours it takes to edit it all down. :rotfl: Love them, I will get to the rest later on today hopefully! :thumbsup2

ROFL! If only I could :rotfl2:

We watch my videos over and over, especially Kira and I and we love to reminisce about each one! There are times on the trips where I feel it can be a pain in the butt to film and I get a few "Are you recording this??" attitude moments from Kira but once I am done the videos and we watch them together, we are always so grateful that I did take so much footage :goodvibes

Plus, she doesn't remember the trips when she was younger but I do and I like to see her so young in them and she likes to see stuff that she doesn't remember :love:

Mostly, the tantrums is what I show her :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I have so much more footage than what makes it into my final videos ;) ::yes::

This was a great trip report too!

I loved that Kira was brave and did the zipline experience. I'm so glad she liked it.

The double rainbow was beautiful! It seems fitting that Castaway Cay would be beneath it.

Thanks! I am so glad she did it too because it's one of her favourite memories of this cruise :woohoo:

Yeah, that double rainbow was awesome, it made up for the serious lack of footage that day :laughing:

601.jpg

602.jpg

I hate those locks! We were in Germany last summer and they are all over the bridges there. At least in Curacao they seem to limit them to that heart structure.

Thanks for the great trip report. I stumbled upon both yours and Jen's this week and read them both, cover-to-cover, and it was fun to follow along and see how the trips compared. Your daughter is adorable. I definitely want to try out Universal some day and just need to wait a few more years until my kids are a little older and will appreciate Harry Potter.

I just booked Alaska for 2019. I hope you write a report for your trip so I can see what we have to look forward to.

Canadians are just unarmed Americans with healthcare, really. :p :rotfl2:

First off, love the above!:rotfl:

Mostly, though, thanks for such a complete and entertaining trip report! We're going on our first cruise in May and I loved reading this entire report. It really got me excited for our trip, and I think I learned a few insider tips as well!

Day 5, Part 4

It was now time for the evening show in the theatre. We like to get there early enough to get decent seats close to the front. Jen, Patty and Brook were already there I think so we sat with the gang.

Rob went and got a refillable popcorn bucket and a BB8 sipper cup. :rolleyes:

352.jpg

The buckets are a good deal because they are like $8 or something and then only $1.50 for each refill after that.

I like seeing the welcome aboard show because you get to see the cruise director, sometimes the captain and the entertainment staff that you will be seeing for the next, well, 10 days in this case. I am really good with faces so I walk around saying "Oh look, it's the Genie!" and "She was Jasmine, and Mulan and Pocahontas!" to my family :p

Time for dinner!

Our first dinner was at Animator's Palate and we had a table of 10 but it was an oddly shaped table. It was like a leaf and so the people on the two ends, which happened to be Jen and I that night on one end (and J's family on the other end) were very close together and it was very odd. We felt like we barely had any room and since people tend to get multiples dishes, it really wasn't a good configuration! :headache:

We met our server Ferdie and our assistant server Lewis. They were good but we all had a hard time understanding Ferdie. I think I understood him best and had to translate to my family. Kira finds accents a little challenging and Rob is half deaf from being a DJ for 30 years so it was very difficult!

356.jpg

Here's our menu and the food that we ordered.

353.jpg

354.jpg

355.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

362.jpg

For dessert, Rob and I often would order 3 or 4 desserts and share them. 99% of the time I would take one bite and then pass it on to him. I'm not a huge dessert girl.

363.jpg

364.jpg

365.jpg

366.jpg

367.jpg

After dinner, Kira went with Claire to play Midship Detective Agency (where Rob ran into them and took that pic!).

I went back to the room to drop off my camcorder and then we joined Jen, J, Patty and Brook in The Tube for the adult show from Six Appeal. They did a couple of songs during the welcome aboard show and they were pretty awesome so I was excited to see their adult show!

374.jpg

369.jpg

Okay, so this is where I am going to complain about the ridiculously designed Tube :rolleyes1

I don't know who's bright idea it was to place the bar in the center of the room because half of the people in the Tube cannot see the stage! Even beside the bar, if you sat in the chairs like we did, people would just come and stand in front of you! Why? Because the guy who designed this should be shot, that's why!!! :duck:

There's very little seating so it fills up fast and instead of having the bar at the back of the room like it is on the Wonder and Magic, it takes up half of the back area and only seats a few people around it!

So dumb!

371.jpg

372.jpg

They had a screen on the back side of the room but we would have to sit facing the entire crowd backwards almost, which was very awkward!

This is a zoomed in pic, the only way I could actually see them. :scared:

They sounded good but after seeing them at the other show, I knew that half of their entertainment was in their movements, which none of us could see.

373.jpg

Time to head back to the room and check out tomorrow's Navigator!

375.jpg

376.jpg

I would have preferred to go to the pool with Kira and/or myself but all pools were closed now :mad:

I can't even tell you how mad this makes me! I know if you have read my previous reports, you will know how frustrated I get about this. Why is the pool closed at 10 or 10:30pm in the middle of summer?????? :furious:

They play movies on the Funnel Vision screen until midnight every night, Flo's is open very late, people are out there on deck, why, Disney, why can you not keep your pools open until midnight??? >:(

So you have to keep two lifeguards at the pools, big deal!!! You have a zillion people manning empty bars all over the ship until 1am, throw us a fricken bone and keep your pools open later!!!!!!

soapbox.gif

It had been a long day and my blister was killing me still and my ankles were all swollen, I would have LOVED to gone for a dip in the pool and hot tub, it would have made a huge difference to me that night!

Here's my very large ankles :rolleyes1

377.jpg

And I know that you can't tell how swollen they are so here's my feet normally without the swelling, just for comparison :D

378.jpg

Bonus pic of my Boo in the background for you :P
So sorry about your ankles! Next time, take tangerine essential oil - it really helps take the swelling down. Loving this report.

So, I'm reading trip reports for the first time in forever, and.... HOW IS KIRA NOT AN INFANT ANYMORE? Heading back to actually start reading now, just had to get over the shock that it's been that many years since I've read these!:rotfl2:

Sorry, I didn't realize there were more posts on this trippie! My bad :rolleyes:

I hate those locks! We were in Germany last summer and they are all over the bridges there. At least in Curacao they seem to limit them to that heart structure.

I've never been to Europe but I hear they are quite popular there. It would be nice to have them on a certain bridge but yeah, I wouldn't like to see them everywhere :sad2:

Thanks for the great trip report. I stumbled upon both yours and Jen's this week and read them both, cover-to-cover, and it was fun to follow along and see how the trips compared. Your daughter is adorable. I definitely want to try out Universal some day and just need to wait a few more years until my kids are a little older and will appreciate Harry Potter.

I just booked Alaska for 2019. I hope you write a report for your trip so I can see what we have to look forward to.

Oh mine is WAY better hers :rolleyes::laughing::rotfl2: Don't tell her I said that :ssst::tiptoe:

Yes, wait until they can appreciate the Harry Potter stuff! Kira didn't care too much for the rest of the parks and it was wasted on her I think but she REALLY enjoyed the Harry Potter stuff! ::yes::

Unfortunately, we have decided against the Alaska Cruise. I really want a trip just me and the hubby but then I sit down and start planning things and then I keep thinking how much I don't want Kira to be left out. :rolleyes2

Pathetic, right? I know! :rolleyes1

Instead we are all going to WDW and Universal together at the end of August :woohoo:

I hope you enjoy it though, it looks amazing and one day we WILL go ::yes::

First off, love the above!:rotfl:

Mostly, though, thanks for such a complete and entertaining trip report! We're going on our first cruise in May and I loved reading this entire report. It really got me excited for our trip, and I think I learned a few insider tips as well!

Oooh so I am super late for this BAHAHAHAHA! So, how was your first cruise??? :scratchin

So sorry about your ankles! Next time, take tangerine essential oil - it really helps take the swelling down. Loving this report.

Hmmm, I will look into that! I will need it in August! ::yes:: :thumbsup2 Thanks :goodvibes

So, I'm reading trip reports for the first time in forever, and.... HOW IS KIRA NOT AN INFANT ANYMORE? Heading back to actually start reading now, just had to get over the shock that it's been that many years since I've read these!:rotfl2:

HAHAHA! Right? How is she 11 already? :lmao:

You can pretty much see her growing up in my trip reports and trip videos on YouTube :rotfl2:

I am sure she will appreciate that one day. We still watch the videos together, she loves to see all the things that she missed. And she likes how cute she used to be, she says :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!