Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

Not only do you have a wonderful way with words but an adorable close knit family that you share with all of us as we read. Then to end it with that precious photo of Boo all "lounged out" having sweet dreams because the family is back home....well , that's just too much.

... Glad that your journey home was uneventful and ....
Well, uneventful other than losing my voice and really having the cold that I had gotten on Thursday night really hit me. The dry air in the plane really did me. I was sick for about a week and I'm positive if I could have stayed in Florida for a few more days and just rested, I would have been well much faster.
Incentive to move one day....

No, I don't want it to be over! We should start a Go Fund me so we can send you on trips and get more reports!

Snuggling with your puppies is the best part of coming home!

Jill in CO

I really enjoyed reading along. Thank you so much for sharing. Do you have any future cruises booked?

That was a great trip report! I really enjoyed following along. Thank you for sharing.

The end is never fun but it seems like you really had a great last night on the ship.

We sure did! The last couple of nights were really awesome :cool1:

That last day always makes me get all weepy.... :(

I know! I hate it when they make you leave :sad::sad::sad:

What a great last night on your cruise! Those last three nights were so awesome for your family Family time is the best!

They really were awesome and I am so glad we ended the cruise like that :goodvibes

I hate the last night but looks like you had an amazing cruise! So glad Kira set her world record!

Jill in CO

LOL, I think she did it over 35 times, at least :rotfl2:

I would have done it more but they didn't offer an elevator to the top :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Just getting caught up here. Awesome last day at CC and having the entire evening at the pool by yourselves. I always hate it when TRs come to an end. :guilty: Looking forward to hearing about your journey home though.

Yes, the end is always so sad :sad2: :sad:

What a crazy disembarkation! Sad you got kicked off. :(

Jill in CO

Not as crazy as our embarkation in Galveston but definitely a bit of a kink :rolleyes:

\

That was the best time together. We didn't have much alone time at all and though I love our families, it is just not the same as hangin' with one of my besties alone!

I agree. We need a non-family trip. I know it will be harder now with me switching job locations....but we can do it!

Yeah, we need some time without our whiny kids :rotfl:

We will get another trip together, for sure ::yes:: ;)

From our experience, they always try to discourage Cabanas on the last morning. But, after searching it out on our own, we have always found it open.

I think that is just rude :snooty:

If it's open, then don't make it so hard for your guests to get there! o_O

Found your new TR a few days ago and just finished reading the whole thing!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad you enjoyed all of your family time and pool time, that's what a cruise is all about, relaxing and going at your own pace and doing what you like to do.

The Fantasy is a beautiful ship! Loved that you had clear pics of so many menus, I saw lots of things on there that I would order, sometimes that is surprising since I am pretty picky. Everything looked so good, Sorry the food was disappointing for you. I guess sometimes looks isn't everything.

The Zip-lining looked really fun! I have sort of wanted to try it but have usually chickened out, this may change next time after watching your video of it.

Castaway Cay is so pretty! Those slides look really fun.

I haven't been to Disney Springs since my trip in 2011 so it's completely different now. It does look really pretty now, love the water by that bridge.

Glad you found it :D

So, you binge-read my trippie :P :rotfl2:

Yeah, the food was just so-so but you know what? I didn't have to cook any of it :cheer2:

Definitely try ziplining one day! Kira is a huge chicken but she loved it, so maybe you will too :thumbsup2

I need to go back to Disney Springs, I feel like I barely got to see any of it! You need like a full day there now :laughing:

Awwwwwww! Is it really over?!

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us. You have a beautiful family!

I can't wait to hear what your next adventure will be.

Yup, all over :sad:

Not sure yet 100% what our next adventure is. We have an Alaska booked for next year, just Rob and I to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary but who knows what the future will bring :smickey:

Which one is your house? :rotfl2: Loved your report. When are you traveling again? Thanks much for sharing. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to write a trip report.

Kate

The brown one :earboy2:

The only thing we have planned currently is a Wonder Alaska cruise next year :boat:

Another amazing report! I love those final night photos on deck. So fun.

Thanks! :goodvibes

That was such a great night too :cool1:

Oh my gosh it's really over :sad: we've been back from Alaska a week now and I'm finally catching up with most trip reports :worship:

I love that on a longer cruise you really felt you could get in some good family time, esp by skipping the MDR's the last few nights and swimming and eating up on the pool deck instead, what a fantastic idea!:flower1:

Disembarkation day looked like a real cluster F:sad2: glad you didn't have to rush off to catch a flight right away, how stressful when it's not an easy disembarkation. And yay for a few more hours of Disney magic at Disney Springs. pixiedust: So where is your next cruise going to be to - or did you mention that already and I forgot? Perhaps in a final thoughts entry.....:o

How was Alaska??????

Yes, it was our first long-ish cruise and I could do that everytime :scratchin :p

Oh yeah, no kidding! Feel bad for those who had early flights :scared:

Nope, totally forgot to mention it...

Disney. Wonder. Alaska. :D

Longer trips make for longer TR's, which is a win-win for everyone!! :lovestruc Those last few hours at Disney Springs flew by but you did manage to pack a lot in. Glad that your journey home was uneventful and I have to agree that seeing the fur-kids when you get home just makes my day too. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together, I know how much work it is, but it's so fun to follow along with other people's vacations!

Yes, so much work but it's totally worth it! I often read my trip reports when I need a pick me up or when I am really missing Disney :love:

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Not only do you have a wonderful way with words but an adorable close knit family that you share with all of us as we read. Then to end it with that precious photo of Boo all "lounged out" having sweet dreams because the family is back home....well , that's just too much.

Awww, thank you for the kind words :hug:

She got lots of snuggles and love when we got back, whether she wanted them or not :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Well, uneventful other than losing my voice and really having the cold that I had gotten on Thursday night really hit me. The dry air in the plane really did me. I was sick for about a week and I'm positive if I could have stayed in Florida for a few more days and just rested, I would have been well much faster.

Yeah, I didn't want to end it on a bad note :lmao:

You always get sick on our trips :sad1:

And then you lovingly shared it with me! :oops:

No, I don't want it to be over! We should start a Go Fund me so we can send you on trips and get more reports!

Snuggling with your puppies is the best part of coming home!

Jill in CO

Sounds good to me!! :jumping1:

Totally the BEST part, right? :love:

I really enjoyed reading along. Thank you so much for sharing. Do you have any future cruises booked?

Thank you for reading :flower:

Disney Wonder Alaska cruise booked for next summer. No kiddo :rolleyes: :p

That was a great trip report! I really enjoyed following along. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you so much :goodvibes

You. Will. LOVE. Alaska!!! I seriously can't stop thinking about it! So amazing!! Hoping to return in a few years (whether it's on Disney again, remains to be seen lol. Four of us in a verandah was $$$$$, but I don't regret the verandah for one second!)

You. Will. LOVE. Alaska!!! I seriously can't stop thinking about it! So amazing!! Hoping to return in a few years (whether it's on Disney again, remains to be seen lol. Four of us in a verandah was $$$$$, but I don't regret the verandah for one second!)

Sounds like you may have liked it :laughing: Writing a trip report? :rolleyes1

I'm just excited for a cruise where I don't sweat my tuchus off :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Plus I want to get back on the Wonder :love:

We are booked in an inside cabin at the end of the season, so reasonably priced. It was the only way we could afford it ;)

Yes, I'm hoping to start a TR soon for Alaska, school started the day after we got back and now we have some other issues (elderly parents) to deal with at the moment so it's been quite hectic since we've been back.

Just found your new trip report this week! Was so excited to find my favorite took another cruise!! :worship::love:

Thanks so much for sharing! I read it all this week. I really want to get to some of the islands you stopped at. Not sure I could do a Disney cruise as it seems so crowded and so crazy. I am like you, introvert. :littleangel:

I veer towards the "dark side" aka Princess Cruises :boat:

Again, thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us! :jumping1:

So sad it's over.
Your pizza from Blaze looks amazing. I must get there some time.
I have studied your in flight picture of Universal....and I don't see a darn thing. :rotfl2: I think I found the parking garages...but after that....nothing. hahahaha

I didn't know you had an Alaskan booked for next year. How exciting. I really want to get back there again. It is such an amazing destination.

You will love Alaska!! We have done 4 Alaska cruises and train thru Denali, etc. But we have sailed there with other cruise lines - not with Disney. I would love to go back. We live in South Florida so it is a totally different destination for us.

Yes, I'm hoping to start a TR soon for Alaska, school started the day after we got back and now we have some other issues (elderly parents) to deal with at the moment so it's been quite hectic since we've been back.

I hear you! Getting back from a normal trip can be hectic, let alone dealing with other issues!

I look forward to hearing all about it when you get around to it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Great report! Looking forward to mine in 2019.

Thanks!

2019 is not that far away now, it's almost 2018 ;) :goodvibes

Just found your new trip report this week! Was so excited to find my favorite took another cruise!! :worship::love:

Thanks so much for sharing! I read it all this week. I really want to get to some of the islands you stopped at. Not sure I could do a Disney cruise as it seems so crowded and so crazy. I am like you, introvert. :littleangel:

I veer towards the "dark side" aka Princess Cruises :boat:

Again, thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us! :jumping1:

Hi Lisa :wave:

Glad you found it :goodvibes

I've never tried Princess but maybe one day. I want to try NCL first :thumbsup2

So sad it's over.
Your pizza from Blaze looks amazing. I must get there some time.
I have studied your in flight picture of Universal....and I don't see a darn thing. :rotfl2: I think I found the parking garages...but after that....nothing. hahahaha

I didn't know you had an Alaskan booked for next year. How exciting. I really want to get back there again. It is such an amazing destination.

Yes, definitely try it, you will like it I think :thumbsup2

Yup, Rob and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next year and have decided to do an Alaska, just us. We can drive there, booked an inside room at the end of the season so we can actually afford it :laughing: Those cruises are crazy expensive :scared:

This help? :rolleyes:

1111.jpg

You will love Alaska!! We have done 4 Alaska cruises and train thru Denali, etc. But we have sailed there with other cruise lines - not with Disney. I would love to go back. We live in South Florida so it is a totally different destination for us.

We are 45 minutes away from the rockies, Banff National Park so the scenery is very familiar to us. We are mostly cruising it because I really want to get back on the Wonder, which I fell in love with over Christmas and because we can drive to the port and not spend $800 each on airfare, plus I am going to love not being overheated all the time. I can wear shorts and a tee and Rob can bring his parka :rotfl2:

Another awesome trip report Cass!! We were actually in Florida that month and probably should have jumped on that 10 day cruise.

We highly recommend it!!

Well gosh darn it, I've found another one. Its a Cass trippie!!!:flower1::flower1::yay::yay:pixiedust:pixiedust:

HI CASS, ITS JILLPIE!!!!:flower:

I actually found you two nights ago, at midnight. I was like whaaaaat, how did I not know this:worship:. So I did my normal Cass routine, after saying to myself YES :cloud9:, I have an awesome book ahead of me tonite, and grabbed a nice bowl of Cheerios. I'm in for the ride.

And what a ride its been. I saved it to my favorites for two days, and soooooo enjoyed your whole, entire story. Every single bit of it. You know what I love the most? Is that you're so freaking honest with us. You don't sugar coat stuff, like honestly, I do. I never tell the bad stuff. I LOVE that you do, it makes it real.

Okay first of all. Kira! She's always been beautiful, but when did she grow up, she is so very pretty Cass!! I've followed you since she was a little baby! My emotions went up and down with you, after raising 3 boys, I got it. I think boys don't tend to get moody, but my last boy did, so I really did get it, especially when it was hot! I wanted to comment with each day, but I got so addicted, I had to keep going. I"m right there with you with swimming, that is exactly my most favorite thing to do, what you and Kira loved the most. And how awesome is it when you have that pool to yourself! I did feel bad when she didn't have a close friend:sad1:, oh I was sad at that part. But, in the end, there is nothing better than Mom and Dad's company. You guys are the best to her.

So guess what. About a month ago, we booked our first Eastern for this June. Then, the hurricane. So I looked at your Tortola pictures very closely and knew how much destruction just happened there. I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know if we should cancel or not. But the last 7 day we did was back in 2006! and it was a Western. I was sooo looking forward to seeing St John and St Thomas. I'm not too concerned, but will have to give it some thought.

Thank you so much for taking the time, once again, for truly entertaining us. You are a master at it. I'm kind of glad I don't find your stories, till they're over, then I can sit back and completely take it in. AWESOME JOB:love1:!! Cannot wait for the next one!

Last edited:
Hi Cass!

I was so happy to find another of your TRs while browsing:magnify: their like Must See TV or appointment reading lol! Just spent the last two days after work binge reading your adventures.You always include a great level of detail that I can learn something new about Disney every time I read one.:worship:

Glad to see that the cruise turned around for Kira, she found her groove between doing some kids club(?) activities and hanging out with you and Rob. That transition age prior to the teen years is wonky to say the least. Way to go Kira!:jumping1:

Thanks again for sharing your memories!:flower3:

Another awesome trip report Cass!! We were actually in Florida that month and probably should have jumped on that 10 day cruise.

Yes, you should have, it was an awesome cruise!

Well gosh darn it, I've found another one. Its a Cass trippie!!!:flower1::flower1::yay::yay:pixiedust:pixiedust:

HI CASS, ITS JILLPIE!!!!:flower:

I actually found you two nights ago, at midnight. I was like whaaaaat, how did I not know this:worship:. So I did my normal Cass routine, after saying to myself YES :cloud9:, I have an awesome book ahead of me tonite, and grabbed a nice bowl of Cheerios. I'm in for the ride.

And what a ride its been. I saved it to my favorites for two days, and soooooo enjoyed your whole, entire story. Every single bit of it. You know what I love the most? Is that you're so freaking honest with us. You don't sugar coat stuff, like honestly, I do. I never tell the bad stuff. I LOVE that you do, it makes it real.

Okay first of all. Kira! She's always been beautiful, but when did she grow up, she is so very pretty Cass!! I've followed you since she was a little baby! My emotions went up and down with you, after raising 3 boys, I got it. I think boys don't tend to get moody, but my last boy did, so I really did get it, especially when it was hot! I wanted to comment with each day, but I got so addicted, I had to keep going. I"m right there with you with swimming, that is exactly my most favorite thing to do, what you and Kira loved the most. And how awesome is it when you have that pool to yourself! I did feel bad when she didn't have a close friend:sad1:, oh I was sad at that part. But, in the end, there is nothing better than Mom and Dad's company. You guys are the best to her.

So guess what. About a month ago, we booked our first Eastern for this June. Then, the hurricane. So I looked at your Tortola pictures very closely and knew how much destruction just happened there. I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know if we should cancel or not. But the last 7 day we did was back in 2006! and it was a Western. I was sooo looking forward to seeing St John and St Thomas. I'm not too concerned, but will have to give it some thought.

Thank you so much for taking the time, once again, for truly entertaining us. You are a master at it. I'm kind of glad I don't find your stories, till they're over, then I can sit back and completely take it in. AWESOME JOB:love1:!! Cannot wait for the next one!

Jillpie!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

I knew you would find me eventually :goodvibes

Thank you so much for the awfully kind words :love2:

Yes, so sad about those Eastern ports :sad1: I hope they fully recover, they are so gorgeous and the people there really depend on all the ships visiting.

Thanks hun, it truly means a great deal that you always read and comment, makes me feel like all the hard work is worth it :hug:

Hi Cass!

I was so happy to find another of your TRs while browsing:magnify: their like Must See TV or appointment reading lol! Just spent the last two days after work binge reading your adventures.You always include a great level of detail that I can learn something new about Disney every time I read one.:worship:

Glad to see that the cruise turned around for Kira, she found her groove between doing some kids club(?) activities and hanging out with you and Rob. That transition age prior to the teen years is wonky to say the least. Way to go Kira!:jumping1:

Thanks again for sharing your memories!:flower3:

Why hello Joyce! :wave2:

Gotta say, I was shocked to sign into the DIS to find like 30+ alerts all from you :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Thanks for reading and for posting such an awesome comment ::yes:: :hug:

Video update! :yay:

I am done editing Part 1 of my vacation videos. There are a couple of glitches but I re-rendered them three times with different parameters and still get them so I just gave up and uploaded them anyway :badpc:

Part 1
I will post more videos here as I get them done :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!