Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

Curaçao looks like a really cool port. I love all of the colorful buildings. Your pictures are great!

My kids will really enjoy the ice cream machines on the ship. I will too.

Curaçao was really beautiful and I loved it!

Also, ice cream was really good and I'm not really an ice cream person so you will all love it :p

Wow, very cool that Canada Day was acknowledged on the ship - love your shirts! That poutine however....I have NEVER seen it made with such huge fries :crazy2:

Adult night at the kids clubs, that's hilarious :rotfl:

Curacao looks like a really cool and colourful port!

Yes, I thought so! Even if only in a small way :thumbsup2

I don't mind the huge fries or the moon-sized cheese curds but the gravy-concoction-thing was horrendous :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Oh, I've seen poutine with large fries, but it wasn't exactly regular poutine! It was part of a group iniation/scavenger hunt, and we had to find a place with poutine at 5:30am, in downtown Montreal, in January on the coldest day of the year! We ended up finding a breakfast place, which had hash browns (the type that are big square fried chunks, not grated), they pulled out frozen cheese curds from the back, and they had gravy already for breakfast! It actually turned out pretty good, with the hot gravy melting the cheese enough!

LOL! Great story! And it sounds a millions times better than what was on the ship :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Wow, what a great port!! We can't cruise due to dh's motion sickness (he has tried every remedy known to man and nothing works for him), but thankfully we do lots of all inclusives, so we can still visit the different islands. Looks lovely!

I feel like I get a bit of the cruise 'feel' through your fabulous writing and pics! I haven't done a cruise since I was a teen, but maybe I can go with friends sometime in the future. LOVING your report!!! :)

Oh no, really? That sucks :sad1:

I hope you get to go one day again, I can't even describe it, it is just amazing! :cloud9:

I know! :sad2:

:sad::sad::sad:
Bad computer!!:badpc:

Yes, my thoughts exactly :rolleyes1

Well, booo for that :headache:, sorry you are having issues with it. For some reason I hadn't seen that you were super busy doing updates, I had a ton to catch up on!! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had something to read. :goodvibes

Sucky computer. Hope all is well with the computer soon. Kira's smile reminds me of this. :ccat: Such a cutie.

Kate

Actually, turns out it wasn't even my computer, it was my monitor :badpc:

Ha! That's awesome, totally her smile :rotfl2:

Indeedy!!! :laughing:

Thanks to your TR I was able to impress my DH when Aruba came up last night...shared a fact or two and he was amazed I was correct (oh, men...).

See, Disboards are educational :) Hope the computer gremlins are exorcised soon!

Hahaha, I love it!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

:disrocks:

Just back from a wonderful one week beach camping in beautiful Prince Edward Island... thought, oh I gotta go look for new updates from Cass and sure enough, there they were! You are so good at this. I agree with you and others, that poutine looked really sad and for a minute, I thought I wonder how it tasted... then I read your description! lol! Yeah, they totally missed the memo on brown gravy!

PEI, nice! I would love to visit one day, haven't been east of Montreal I don't think :scratchin

Yeah, it wasn't good. I am pretty much afraid to try poutine unless I am in Canada :rolleyes1

Subscribing! I'll have to go back and start but I can't wait. Here's my TR:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/delays-excitement-burnin-up-performers-wbpc-2017-tr.3603411/

Awesome, I will check it out :surfweb:

WOW on those pics of Curacao! Just beautiful!! Did you and Rob bring a lock to add to the heart? Sweet idea. :lovestruc

No, sadly I didn't even know about that heart or else I totally would have ::yes::

Great updates! I spy some more ports I need to visit!

Jill in CO

Definitely!!! :woohoo:

Wow, stunning sunset shots!!!!

I just pointed and clicked :teeth:

It took me a few days to find the map on TV too. Once I found it I thought...well duh..of course it is there. hahaha.
I am so made I missed the sunset and I am pretty sure I was up top at that time too. I guess I got talking to someone and never turned around to look.

Yes, it was rather buried, wasn't it!! :scared:

Awww, that's too bad! That was my favourite one of the entire cruise :D

That sunset was amazing!

Jill in CO

My thoughts exactly :cloud9:

I was a bout 50/50 with the food. Some things were great and some just ok or not great. I do think that with many things they are not consistent. Claire got steaks every night in Oct and they were good. She said they were all just ok or less this time around. Her best one was at brunch the one day. The plus to me is I am not cooking!!!
And of course good dinner company.

Hmmm, well better than me, I'd say I was 20/80 :scared:

Yeah, some of her steaks looked rather gross :crazy2:

But yes, I was happy not to cook and loved my lunches at Flo's but you'd think the food would be a little bettter, even than your 50/50. :scared: They do such a good job with the Magic and even better with the Wonder but I guess with so many people on the bigger ships the quality just suffers :sad2:

You mentioned your cruise director, Mike. This was his first cruise of a new contract. Because the week before, we had Natalie who was on her last cruise this go-round.

P.S. On the last 2 sets of pictures, you can especially see what a beautiful grown-up young lady your Kira is growing into!

Last edited:
Day 10, Part 1

I don't remember much about this at sea morning and I don't have any pics of Rob or Kira at Cabanas or their food. I only have a pic of my breakfast that morning so obviously my brain was on vacation that morning :confused3 :rotfl:

670.jpg

Aaaaand, here's my next pic...:rolleyes:

671.jpg

And I took this one today, you know, good ju-ju and all that stuff :rolleyes1 :ssst:

672.jpg

Then we hit up the stores and I took some pics this time :teeth:

673.jpg

674.jpg

675.jpg

676.jpg

677.jpg

678.jpg

679.jpg

680.jpg

681.jpg

682.jpg

683.jpg

684.jpg

They had way more stuff than the Wonder, understandably since it's a bigger ship with more stores but their inventory SUCKED!!! Almost everything we liked was not in our desired size.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this hoodie for Kira but they only had XS or XL. We asked the Cast Member about it and she said she would check inventory and let us know but she called later on and said they didn't have any other sizes :(

685.jpg

Then we found this one in the kids section which I liked but not nearly as much as the other one. The XL fit her but I knew she would outgrow it soon and I didn't want to spend $60 USD on something that she could only wear for a year.

The one we bought her in Disneyland two years ago was huge on her when we bought it but it's already too small for her as she grows like a weed! :eek:

Plus this one is really similar to the one I bought her last year on the Magic.

686.jpg

It did have a great back though.

687.jpg

She really loved this one but they only had a ladies large. :laughing:

She liked it so much she begged me to get it for her and tried to tell me how it doesn't matter that it's that big. Right. :cool:

688.jpg

Then we crossed over to the expensive side :scared:

There's my Mickey necklace that Rob bought me on the Wonder, love it!

689.jpg

690.jpg

691.jpg

693.jpg

I tried to take pics of the really expensive stuff but the lady working there told me not to. :snooty:

So I took some pics of the purses instead.

694.jpg

Sorry, blurry pic here :scared:

695.jpg

The new Frozen scent, which smelled very much like Laila, the scent they sold at the Norway pavilion at Epcot :scratchin

696.jpg

After shopping, I think Kira might have gone to the Club because Rob and I attended the second presentation by Jason Hudak, which was super interesting!

697.jpg

This one was all about film editing. And to explain just what editing is and how much of an impact it has on a film, he showed us a trailer for The Shining but the editor had a different take on this movie. :rolleyes1

For those of you who haven't seen The Shining, it's a horror movie, based on the novel by Stephen King and directed by Stanley Kubrick in which the main character goes a little insane and tries to kill his family.

But if you watch the trailer, the editor made it look like a Rom-Com :lmao:

I found it online here:

Since I have been making my own videos since 2002, it was very interesting and I am so glad I attended all three of his presentations on this cruise. ::yes::

After that, it was time to eat again :rolleyes2 :laughing:

As per usual, I went to Cabanas with Rob but I learned my lesson and didn't get anything for myself, just kept him company for a bit.

698.jpg

699.jpg

700.jpg

I don't have pics of Kira's lunch so I am assuming she went and got a hot dog from Flo's 8-)

I also hit up Flo's for my usual :worship:

I think this was the day where I made Rob watch The Founder on TV with me. I told him he needed to see it :p

We only watched about half of it and recently just watched the last half together at home on Netflix.

701.jpg

Was Tiffany's opened yet during your cruise?
I told my husband that I couldn't wait for him to take me in there in October for a cruise gift......... There was only an audible laugh......

Your dh really likes his peas!

Did they have the Olaf frozen lemonade/strawberry bars at Flo's during your cruise? They only had them on certain days but they were so delish in the heat. And, all you wanted! Small, thing - but that was a highlight for us!

Yowzers is right!!! Those sunset shots were amazing!!

Desserts look good all the time on those cruises, but I haven't really found many that I like either. To us, they all look different but all taste the same.

The CM made you stop taking pics of the "expensive" stuff? Did she think the Dooney's were cheap? Whahahahahahaha!!!

We just watched The Founder on Netflix a couple of days ago, it was actually a lot more interesting and engrossing than I thought it would be.

And yes, I'm with the above poster - they made you stop taking photos of the jewels but the purses worth $100's were ok? :confused3 Did you get to Tiffany's? I told my dh I was going to have a field day in there when we are back on the Fantasy next year and he gave me the look that basically said I'm going to throw you overboard and make it look like an accident :rotfl2:

I tried to take pics of the really expensive stuff but the lady working there told me not to. :snooty:

Seriously??? She needs to mellow out.

So I took some pics of the purses instead.

Purses are cool.

The new Frozen scent, which smelled very much like Laila, the scent they sold at the Norway pavilion at Epcot :scratchin

I can not do scents, even though I like them. The chemicals in colognes and perfumes, and cigarette smoke (even residual/third hand) are major asthma triggers for me. Surprisingly, I do not have issues with the smells of most shampoos/conditioners or soaps... :confused3

The Shining,
That movie was the last one I watched as a horror movie. It scared the beegees out of me and I have never watched a horror movie since it's release.

As per usual, I went to Cabanas with Rob but I learned my lesson and didn't get anything for myself, just kept him company for a bit.

698.jpg

Little green peas, every semester I share with my students a story about classical conditioning and why I hate little green peas. Short story, mean little girl in second grade who would spit at me from her mouth, mushed up little green peas. Ugh, I hate little green peas.......

Kate

Those necklaces were like 150ish I think. I wanted to get one that said Fantasy, but not for that price. I have one that says magic and one dream and those were only $29!

Day 10, Part 2

After lunch I joined Jen & others for Disney Tunes Trivia. It was pretty tough but fun. I had to laugh because Jen got the name of a song from Bambi called April Shower and well, since I hadn't seen Bambi in like 35 years or more, I hadn't remembered it at all. Well, oddly enough, I heard it about a dozen times all over the ship for the rest of the cruise :rotfl2:

And now every time I hear that song, I think of Jen :goodvibes

When I was done with trivia, I went back to the room.

Okay, so this is the part of the report where I am going to be sharing a story about our lovely neighbours down the hall. Actually, they were Jen's neighbours (lucky her! :eek:) but they caused trouble for everyone down the entire hallway.

They were three staterooms all travelling together with about 4 or 5 kids I think. The parents were the kind that thought that since they were on a cruise that they could just stop being parents. :headache:

If you have ever cruised, I am sure you have run into these kind of people. The kids ranged in age from about 5 to maybe 11 or 12 I would say and they were ALWAYS running and yelling down the halls. They were playing frisbee in the hall, playing ball, playing tag and hackey sack, wrestling, screaming and slamming into walls and doors.

This went on ALL day and ALL night!!! Most mornings it started at about 7 or 8 and it went on past 11pm every single night.

If you've ever sailed on a cruise and heard someone running down the hall, you will know that it's VERY loud! And because of the steel structure, you can feel it too, even when we were sitting on the verandah, we could hear and feel them running. Since we were somewhat close to the Forward elevators and their rooms were forward from us, they were constantly going past our door.

At first, I chalked it up to kids being kids, it sometimes happens, I get it! My kid ran when she was younger and even though I quickly corrected her behaviour, it still happened, so I can totally relate.

I am not one of those old grumpy people who scream "Stay off my damn lawn" (okay, well, I'm a little grumpy, a little old and I don't have a lawn :P) and since I choose to spend most of my vacations at Disney or on a Disney cruise, I expect that there's going to be kids running around. I get it. I really do.

But, this was an entirely different matter. This was beyond rude, beyond kids being kids. This affected every single room down that long hallway and it went on all day and all night for the entire cruise.

Up until now, I kind of ignored it. That is, until today I did. When I got back to my room, the kids were at it again playing frisbee in the hall but this time the adults were playing with them!!!

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

What the heck??? No wonder they kids were jerks, they learned it from their jerk parents!!!

I was livid!!

It was time to head to Guest Services, this was getting too much for me! I was getting headaches from all of the thumping down the hall, it was stressing me out and I had asked the kids on multiple occasions to please stop running down the halls but they had just rolled their eyes and kept on running even more.

Kira came with me and we went down to tell GS about these idiots.

I was calm and polite but made my point and I felt better just getting it off my chest.

I found out later that others had complained too.

Since we hadn't really been down here much, I decided to grab some pics of my kiddo. :love:

702.jpg

705.jpg

It looks like one of these mice is being very rude :rotfl:

706.jpg

703.jpg

704.jpg

Kira then wanted to show me a "secret" hiding spot where all of the kids go...it's under these stairs :laughing:

Sure enough, there were hordes of kids crammed under there :rotfl2:
707.jpg

Kira wanted to see some characters so I joined her in the lines.

I totally didn't think she would want to do this again as the last two of our cruises we spent a lot of time visiting with characters but seeing as she was not enjoying the clubs and was on her own, this was going to be her jam. :rolleyes:

She's a patient kid and for the rest of the cruise, she spent a lot of time waiting in line for the characters. I joined her as often as I could to keep her company.

708.jpg

After we saw Pluto, we got in the very long line to see Mickey & some other mouse. :rolleyes:

And that's when Rob found us! :teeth:

641.jpg

642.jpg

643.jpg

People were starting to get their pics taken in the Atrium now before early dinner.

See the entertainers down there? Kira ended up getting to know them well because she spent a lot of time in that Atrium for the rest of the cruise as that is where a lot of the characters meet up. She also appreciates music and singing and she loved hearing them.

710.jpg

We headed down to Preludes for a quick photo op with some crazy chipmunks.

709.jpg

And then it was time for the show, Wishes.

We sat with our group and enjoyed the show.

711.jpg

It was funny because Stitch was in this show and every time he came on stage, Kira was hootin' and hollerin' and her face was just beaming. It was entertaining because everyone in our group was watching her enjoyment of her watching Stitch :rotfl2: :stitch:

We were going to go to dinner with our group but we felt like we needed some more family pool time. The food was definitely not a reason to not skip dinner and the serving team was just okay. The only thing I missed was the company but I knew that Patty & her family would take our place so that made me feel a little better about skipping dinner.

We then decided to hit up Cabanas because Rob and I didn't feel like eating at Flo's. Kira actually joined us but when she looked at the menu and didn't see anything she wanted she asked if she could just go eat at Flo's and watch the movie on Funnel Vision. That was good for us, a nice quiet dinner just the two of us? Heck ya!! :cool1:

She wanted to go in the pool but the rule was that she's not allowed in unless one of us is there. She wasn't happy about this rule but she knew why we had this rule. Plus, it's actually Disney's rule too as the sign posted said no one under 12 should be unaccompanied, even though some parents ignored those rules.

So, we got a table for two and had a wonderful, quick dinner at Cabanas.

For those of you who have never done dinner at Cabanas, this is where the serving staff go to train before they work in the main dining rooms so don't expect top notch service. We actually lucked out that night as we got great service and it was super quick, just what I like!

Also, it's not a buffet at dinner, it's a set menu and there's not a lot of choices. Also, they don't post the menu until just before dinner. We had asked many times at Cabanas earlier in the day, on many days, and they said they still work on the menu right up until the late afternoon so it's rarely posted before 5 or 6 and they usually open at 6 or 6:30pm.

We had drinks within 5 minutes, bread even quicker than that and it was all delicious!

712.jpg

A huge plus was the atmosphere. It was quiet, I loved the lighting in here and there were (fake) palm trees :love:

Plus I could wear a tank top and shorts and still feel comfortable :teeth:

644.jpg

718.jpg

713.jpg

714.jpg

715.jpg

This was my steak and it was the best piece of meat I've had on the cruise so far! It was seasoned perfectly, it was tender and delicious!

716.jpg

717.jpg

We skipped dessert in order for Kira to have some extra swim time.

This is how we found her :teeth:

721.jpg

Rob stayed with her while I went to change into my swimsuit.

722.jpg

She really enjoyed doing this. This was her favourite part of the cruise I think.

723.jpg

Swimming, chilling in the pool, watching a movie, getting ice cream.

Honestly, it was one of my favourite parts too. :rolleyes1

I also enjoyed that Rob stayed with Kira while I got some alone time at the Quiet Cove Pool :rolleyes:

There was no one else in the adult pool or hot tub that night and I took turns swimming in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub.

Yes, indeed, one of my favourite things to do on a cruise :cloud9:

After I had my fill of alone time, I rejoined my family until they closed the pool at 10 or 10pm, I can't remember now? I know it was open most nights until 10:30 but one night it was closed at 10pm and nobody was happy!

Again, I don't get it? There were a couple dozen of us enjoying the pool during that time!

There isn't much to do as a family after late dinner so it just infuriates me that they close the pool so early! We are all on vacation, it's summer so it's very warm out, they only ever had one lifeguard at each pool so I know it wouldn't kill them to keep those 2 guards on for an extra hour or two.

Sigh.

:sad1:

724.jpg

After they kicked us out, we headed back to the room. Kira hit the sack while I perused the Nav for the next day.

719.jpg

720.jpg

St. Kitt's and Independence Day is up next! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Day 11, Part 1

Today is our St. Kitt's day and we were ziplining today :cool1:

It was also July 4th
smiley_flag_006.gif

We watched as we sailed into beautiful Basseterre. Once again, we lucked out and were on the right side to watch us sail in :thumbsup2

730.jpg

731.jpg

732.jpg

The weather went from sunny to cloudy/rainy and back to sunny again all within about 10 minutes, it was pretty cool.

733.jpg

735.jpg

736.jpg

737.jpg

Someone didn't want to get out of bed this morning :rolleyes1

734.jpg

Because I don't travel well sometimes, I skipped breakfast today but Rob and Kira went to Cabanas to fill up before we had to meet for our excursion.

They had started to decorate the ship last night so by morning, it was very festive.

729.jpg

725.jpg

726.jpg

727.jpg

Since they didn't have me with them complaining about the heat, they decided to eat outside :p

728.jpg

Rob and I have been wanting to zipline for forever but whenever we've had the chance to do it, we've been with Kira and she was way too chicken. When planning this cruise, I mentioned it to her and showed her some video and she agreed to do it! :eek:

I was very shocked at her decision and I was a little leery to book it since it was about $100 USD per person so if she chickened out at the last minute, one of us would have to stay behind with her so we would be out $200 USD :scared:

But I had a good feeling and booked it anyway. You couldn't book this on your own if you were coming in on a ship so we had no choice but to book it with DCL.

Once they got back from breakfast, we got ready to go. We were to meet at D Lounge for 10am I think it was.

I told Rob and Kira to head to D Lounge without me and told them I would meet them there, hopefully.

I was feeling really crappy that morning actually and I almost didn't make it :crazy2:

I figured that I could be a little late as they always run late but it was pretty much on time.

We were going as a big group of 12, Jen, J and Brook and their families and us. Patty had tried also to book the same time as us but they were full up so they decided to do something else I think.

Once we filled out the waivers and such, we were on our way!

738.jpg

739.jpg

740.jpg

We met the guides from Sky Safari right at the port in the shade where we handed in our paper work and got weighed. Since our group had 12, we got our own little van.

A few of us had a quick bathroom break right there where we were checking in. I always take advantage of bathroom breaks because I have the teeniest tiny bladder and you never know when you will have a chance to go again, especially on an excursion :scratchin

We all piled in the van with the littler ones in the back because it's easier for them to get back there :laughing:

746.jpg

And we were on our way!

It was VERY hot in there! The A/C was turned up all the way but it didn't work very well. Then we asked if we could open the windows, maybe the breeze would help. Which it did but he had turned off the A/C when we opened the windows :faint:

I asked him to put the A/C back on but honestly, it didn't help much!

Good lord it was hot!

It was about 25 minutes before we got to Sky Safari.

The journey there was interesting. Crazy drivers, small roads, big construction trucks, winding roads.

741.jpg

A War Memorial.

742.jpg

This is where everything, including stuff from other islands gets bottled.

743.jpg

Terrible photo but the road was winding around a huge canyon, straight across from us.

744.jpg

We had to stop for some very large trucks.

745.jpg

And then finally up to Sky Safari.

This is looking down at the bathrooms (yellow trimmed building).

747.jpg

This is the main check-in building...

748.jpg

This was where the very last zipline was located, it's the only one that is tandem, other than the practice one.

749.jpg

And here is where you get outfitted for your gear.

750.jpg

We all checked into the main building. They asked if anyone had to use the washroom and while I didn't really have to, I went anyway because I knew I wouldn't be able to go until the ziplining was all done.

Jen also joined me. We had to get these little tickets in order to use the washrooms. She told us to take the ticket down to the washroom and give it to the guys..

So, we went down and the guy was in the washroom and I went to give him my ticket and he said that there was none available right now, that I would have to wait here, to just put my ticket on the counter because he had to go number 2.

:rotfl2:

Yup, he went into one of the stalls and did his thing.

He yelled out "When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!"

:laughing:

I didn't really like the bathroom set up because they were all in one building but the guys' stalls were at the back, so it was just one room with maybe 6 stalls and 2 sinks I think and the last 3 stalls were the guys and the first three were the girls'.

Whatever!

Jen and I quickly peed and got out of there :lmao:

We made our way back up to the main area and everyone was just standing around.

751.jpg

Also, if you had bags, you needed to buy a locker and put it in there. I know Jen had to get one and it wasn't very clear on where to do this and I know she wasn't happy that these cost extra. It should have been either included in the excursion fee or we should have been told about it beforehand because I think they only accepted cash and not everyone had it.

While Jen was getting a locker, I sprayed us all down with some bug spray that I had brought. I had purchased a little travel one from home knowing that we would need it here. We also shared it with Brook and family as they had forgotten to bring theirs. I actually didn't see any bugs at all the entire time but I felt better having it on just in case. :thumbsup2

By the way, Rob and I had our fanny packs on and we were able to zipline with those thankfully.

Eventually, they told us to walk up and get fitted for our gear. The direction here could have been a little better, in my opinion.

First we got our harnesses on. I needed a little help because mine was done up so tightly, I could barely get it on. When I did get it on finally, it was really pinching me in the crotch. I figured out how to loosen it a bit and that totally helped.

752.jpg

Family pic...

753.jpg

Then we got a group pic and this guy decided to join us :p

754.jpg

Then we got our helmets.

756.jpg

And one last pose before we got our trolleys which we had to carry to and from all the ziplines.

757.jpg

We carried our trolleys up to the practice line, this is where they teach you what you need to know.

Basically, stay behind the yellow line until called, give them the trolley, let them hook you up, hold onto the handles and when you get to the end of the line, get into breaking position, which means legs apart and lean back.

That was it.

Easy peasy.

A few in our group were a little scared but everyone made it and while Kira was very nervous before trying it, once she did it, she was good to go and she ended up LOVING the whole experience. :woohoo:

Here's Rob and Kira on the practice line, getting set up...

758.jpg

And here they are getting off the practice line.

759.jpg

At my photo limit :rolleyes2

Last edited:
Day 11, Part 2

We walked back down to where we were dropped off and we waited for our truck to take us to the top.

The three of us were the last to board the truck and there was only one spot left so Rob and Kira sat in the front with the driver.

This worked out great as they got a great view of things and Rob was able to take some awesome photos :thumbsup2

I sat in the very back of the truck, which was a great location for taking video. Also, the guide who was at the very back was very entertaining and funny :rotfl2:

764.jpg

The road up was very bumpy and steep and I loved it :woohoo:

766.jpg

765.jpg

People's houses were all along the path up to the top.

767.jpg

The views were just gorgeous too!

768.jpg

769.jpg

Rob's view going up...

770.jpg

772.jpg

You know it's an adventure when your vehicle has pitch and roll gauges :laughing:

771.jpg

And this was the view when we got to where we were going...

760.jpg

761.jpg

They let Rob and Kira out first and then pulled the truck all the way up..

762.jpg

Rob got this shot just before they let us off.

773.jpg

And here was the first zipline....

763.jpg

I asked if I could camcord and they said it was no problem, as long as I held on with one hand, I would be good!

The braking was a little jolting so I always closed up the camera before getting into the braking position because I didn't want to break my camera.

I am so glad I brought it! This was our first zipline (won't be our last!) and I am so glad I got it all on film. :cool1:

774.jpg

They hooked me up...

775.jpg

And then I was off!!!

777.jpg

This was the second best line, in my opinion but it was the longest I think. The second one had better views.

Now it was time for Kira's big one!

She was a little nervous but she ended up loving it so much!

I am so glad she found the courage to brave it because it wasn't scary at all, just fun and beautiful!

778.jpg

There she gooooooooooooes....

779.jpg

Ready for the second zip!

780.jpg

I think this was the third one...

781.jpg

Buh-bye! :wave2:

782.jpg

783.jpg

The last line was a tandem so Kira and I went together.

784.jpg

785.jpg

And just like that, it was over! :sad1:

I thought it was awesome but the actual zip time goes by way too fast and I wish they offered you a ride again feature for a price, we totally would have done it! It was a really long time to get there, get registered, then getting geared up and up the mountain.

I know it's quite popular so it probably wouldn't be practical to do a ride again option but really, how many people would ride it again anyway?

I had read reviews of Sky Safari on Trip Advisor so I knew to avoid the monkeys at the end. There is this guy there with a monkey and he asks you if you want to pet the monkey and take a pic. What he doesn't tell you is that after you get your pic, he says it's $20 or $25!!! :scared:

One lady from our group was livid about this as she got two photos done with her and her kid and the guy wanted money for both!

I can see how this could totally sour your experience here and I wish they would get rid of this guy or at the very least, make him tell you what he charges before the photo is taken!

We had to wait about 15 minutes for our van to take us back to the port. Some people got some drinks and we all used the free wifi :rotfl2:

Yup, everyone was on their phones :laughing:

785-1.jpg

Back in the same van with no A/C :cool:

The trip back seemed way faster, it always does to me.

Rob took this shot.

786.jpg

787.jpg

All in all it was a great excursion. A little expensive but these things always are I guess.

I put together a video of our experience, you can watch it here:

Zip-lining looked like fun, though I'm probably too wimpy to try it. Regarding the monkey, we learned on this year's vacation to Costa Rica that pet monkeys are usually stolen from their moms as babies -- so much better for your wallet and the monkey that you didn't support that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Looks like such a fun Universal trip, despite the rain and closed pool! :rolleyes2 You sure packed a lot in, with a surprise Blue Man Group show too! I may have missed it, but where is the place above that sells your cheesecake and sandwiches? Looks delicious! Have you ever stayed at Portofino Bay? Trying to decide if we should try it, but worried we'll miss HRH too much. ha!

I share your love of the Bread Box!!!! :lovestruc Other than Leaky Cauldron/3 Broomsticks in the parks, I try to eat in CityWalk as much as possible.

Looking forward to the cruise portion of your trip!!

I was just reading back and realized I didn't reply to your comment above! Sorry :scared:

The cheesecake and sandwiches were from the bakery near the entrance inside of Universal Studios, I believe it's called Boulangerie and it's very yummy! :lovestruc

I've never even been over to Portofino, I've seen tons of pics and it's not my kind of resort. I am too in love with CB and HRH to stay anywhere else now :rotfl2:

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise!

Sorry, I missed this post too @wdwfan :sad1:

Thank you! Hope you're enjoying it :goodvibes

You mentioned your cruise director, Mike. This was his first cruise of a new contract. Because the week before, we had Natalie who was on her last cruise this go-round.

P.S. On the last 2 sets of pictures, you can especially see what a beautiful grown-up young lady your Kira is growing into!

Yes, I didn't know until later that it was his first cruise for his contract. How was Natalie for you guys?

Yes, growing so fast, right? :love:

Was Tiffany's opened yet during your cruise?
I told my husband that I couldn't wait for him to take me in there in October for a cruise gift......... There was only an audible laugh......

Yes, it was open. I'm not an expensive jewelry kind of girl and I never even stepped foot in there. :rolleyes1

Your dh really likes his peas!

Did they have the Olaf frozen lemonade/strawberry bars at Flo's during your cruise? They only had them on certain days but they were so delish in the heat. And, all you wanted! Small, thing - but that was a highlight for us!

Yes, he really loves his peas :rolleyes:

Yes, I spotted the bars, I think it was July 5th and Kira got one :thumbsup2 I never tried them but I only saw them that one time and never did ask for them after that. I was just happy to have my burger and strips :cool1:

Yowzers is right!!! Those sunset shots were amazing!!

It was amazing to watch!! :lovestruc

Desserts look good all the time on those cruises, but I haven't really found many that I like either. To us, they all look different but all taste the same.

I feel exactly the same!! They look awesome but they all taste the same, blah :crazy2:

I miss the desserts at Tiana's, soooooo good!!! :worship:

The CM made you stop taking pics of the "expensive" stuff? Did she think the Dooney's were cheap? Whahahahahahaha!!!

I know, right?

I don't get it either because if people see the jewelry online, they might see and think ooooh I want that! But they might miss it in the shop! :confused3

We just watched The Founder on Netflix a couple of days ago, it was actually a lot more interesting and engrossing than I thought it would be.

And yes, I'm with the above poster - they made you stop taking photos of the jewels but the purses worth $100's were ok? :confused3 Did you get to Tiffany's? I told my dh I was going to have a field day in there when we are back on the Fantasy next year and he gave me the look that basically said I'm going to throw you overboard and make it look like an accident :rotfl2:

Yes, that was my thinking too! It was very interesting! I don't watch many movies twice but this was good even on the second time :thumbsup2

I walked by Tiffany's a lot :rolleyes1

Rob is lucky in that way, I don't have expensive tastes. He's the shopper of the family :rolleyes:

Seriously??? She needs to mellow out.

Purses are cool.

I can not do scents, even though I like them. The chemicals in colognes and perfumes, and cigarette smoke (even residual/third hand) are major asthma triggers for me. Surprisingly, I do not have issues with the smells of most shampoos/conditioners or soaps... :confused3

That movie was the last one I watched as a horror movie. It scared the beegees out of me and I have never watched a horror movie since it's release.

Little green peas, every semester I share with my students a story about classical conditioning and why I hate little green peas. Short story, mean little girl in second grade who would spit at me from her mouth, mushed up little green peas. Ugh, I hate little green peas.......

Kate

I am allergic to most scents so I understand how you feel. I bring my own shampoos and creams and everything with me, can't handle the Disney ones.

Oh no, I hate big fat meanies :sad2:

I don't like peas because they are disgusting :p

My husband has fond memories of picking peas with his grandmother in her garden, he loves all kinds of peas!

Seriously, you need to buy her a stuffed cheshire cat. Every time I see her smile it reminds me of the one I keep in my office. She is such a cutie, Kira, not the cat.

Kate

LOL, maybe next trip...like in 2019 :rolleyes:

Those necklaces were like 150ish I think. I wanted to get one that said Fantasy, but not for that price. I have one that says magic and one dream and those were only $29!

The one I got (top, right in first pic) on the Wonder was $100 USD. I hardly wear it because I am afraid to break it. This is why I don't buy nice things :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Joining in on the fun. Loving all your pictures

Thanks CaseyJo :goodvibes

SO. MUCH. FUN! I've ziplined at a tree-trekking place in Canada, but man..........your experience is much more fun!!!! Way to go Kira!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter