Cass, Rob & Kira - Disneyland May 2019 - "Sniff...snifff. I think I smell Wi-Fi!!!"

Ok, you are going to totally laugh at me. I didn't know that Space Mountains new name meant they incorporated Star Wars in it. I don't even remember it being different than last time. Way to be observant Jen!

I had that Gumbo when you and I ate there and I remember it being fantastic. I haven't had a lot of gumbo in my life, but that was probably the best I ever had.

Sweet! So awesome you finally got your sign!

Awesome view with the fireworks and SWGE! About 90 hrs until I see it...not like I’m counting or anything! 😝

I know! I think for some reason I thought you were posting retroactively. And you mentioned Black Tap opening, which I also thought had opened the weekend before, but obviously I was wrong!

Ohhh! I am so jelly!! Have fun!!! :darth::chewy:

Black Tap was open the week before but they had the official grand opening while we were there.

Fantastic view of the fireworks, amazing!!!
$17 to ship the sign home?? Heck yes!!!! :flower1::flower1:
I agree, the wifi stinks in DL, unless you are near a ride/attraction that has a FP kiosk. My dh has unlimited calling/texting/data with his plan from Freedom Mobile in both US and Canada (I have the same plan, just limited to Canada) so we just rely on his phone when we travel to the US which works out well *most* of the time, except when we want to split up in the parks which happens occasionally. Le sigh.

Can't wait for your first day in the parks!!!

Right?! Cheap! :earboy2:
Yeah, it's not fun dealing with the crap wi-fi and paying for the data plans. We have a plan too but it costs us each time we go down. :crazy2:

Glad you're here! :hug:
We loved incredicoaster too. That was one ride we did several times over the course of our trip.

It's so stinking fun!! :banana:

You have to get her a Stitch or Harry Potter themed one! Then she'll never want to take it off!

Ugh, that is sooo annoying about your wifi issues! They were supposed to upgrade it with MaxPass, and I guess it's better than it was before, but not good for international visitors!

I love this one too! I feel like it just showed up one day without any announcement (when Thor Ragnarock came out)!

Totally agree! First row is the best!

Ok, I totally still thought it was Violet! I'll have to listen closer my next time riding it!

LOL! I should get her one of those! :P

I don't know that I spotted that picture last year! It's a keeper :goodvibes

First row really does make a difference on this sucker!

I rode it 10 or 11 times and I swore it was Violet, until that last spin and then I was like...oh man, I am sooo wrong BAHAHAH!! :rotfl2:

Wow you accomplished so much with your early morning and shortly after!!!!

LOVE MaxPass. I know it can add up but it's so worth it!

Oh god, the only one in my group to ride Incredicoaster is my husband, the rest of us just wait for him to go by and take blurry photos of him :D

We did quite a bit that morning! I love MP and won't go without it, it is way too convenient! :cool1:

Oh, too bad, it's such a great ride! ::yes::

Haha #5 and it's not even the end of day 2......LOVE it!!!!

Well, you're gonna love to hear about the rest then :lmao:

Love the update! You all accomplished so much before lunch.

Thanks :goodvibes I love Max Pass! We did soooo much with it and used it very wisely! :cool1:

Another Cass report! yay! Loving it so far. We will be at DLR in August with Adventures by Disney. Looking forward to SWGE, of course, but your pics got me very excited for Pixar Pier. Kira just gets prettier and prettier and you and Rob are just too much fun! Can't wait for more...

Awww thanks :hug:

You're going to have a blast!!! How exciting!! :thumbsup2

I love dole whip floats! MMM! I don't care for just the plain Dole Whip though.

You did quite a bit that morning. One thing I love about DL is that it's really not too hard to take a mid day break and rest.
I really want to go back again and hope to maybe plan something next summer after our Alaskan Cruise.

Really, you only like the floats? I don't like them because I don't like pineapple juice. Heck, I don't even like pineapple so it's weird that I love Dole Whip. :rotfl2:

Yes, it's SUPER easy to have a break at Disneyland! Best part about it I think!

Oooh, I hope you get there next summer! :thumbsup2

Ok, you are going to totally laugh at me. I didn't know that Space Mountains new name meant they incorporated Star Wars in it. I don't even remember it being different than last time. Way to be observant Jen!

I had that Gumbo when you and I ate there and I remember it being fantastic. I haven't had a lot of gumbo in my life, but that was probably the best I ever had.

I don't think you rode it, it only started back up on May 4th, for Star Wars day and they decided to continue it a bit for Galaxy's Edge opening, so I think you rode Space Mountain. ;)

Oh, I thought you had a salad like I did! I didn't think I would like gumbo so I went with the salad when we dined there together. Boy was that ever a dumb choice :lmao:

As an aside for those following this trippie, Mother's Day & this DL trip this year was a very special celebration of life for us. You are probably wondering why that would be, there's a little bit of history to Mother's Day for us.

9yrs ago on Mother's Day (May 2010), Cass' Lupus had take a turn for the worst. During a trip with my parents in which I had taken Kira with us, we drove down on a Friday night the week before Mother's Day (that's 2 1/2 days driving with two late night stops overnight) to Houston for the Offshore Technology Conference in which my Dad was attending.
Unfortunately, Cass had gotten sick shortly after we had left (the Sunday night after we had left) and her Lupus had given her pneumonia. We found out on a Wednesday night that she had been admitted to the hospital ER within 5min of arriving (she was blue at the time) and with that info, we started driving back to Calgary on a Thursday morning at 6am (took us 2hrs to leave Houston due to rush hour traffic) and we drove home in 42hrs straight (with a lot of drama in between including wicked thundershowers, tornadoes, and my Grandpa passing away while we were going through North Dakota) to make it in time to see Cass about an hour before she was to be put on a ventilator for what they thought at the time would be for 3 days.

Unfortunately, Mother's Day was the next day so we gave her lots of hugs and kisses and waited for her to recover. However, on Mother's Day I told by the ICU staff not to go anywhere that day from her side when I arrived at around 8am as Cass' lungs had pretty much totally filled with fluid and her oxygen levels were dropping fast and we weren't sure if she was going to live through the day.
Her lungs had filled with fluid that it actually left her scar tissue in her lungs we would find out after, it was very much touch and go all day. I stayed by her side all day & prayed to God for her, and by 11pm I was given the all clear that things had settled down and she was stable. 7 days later she would come off of the respirator & barring some really rare drug side effects, be with us again. I try to show her every day just how much she is loved and appreciated and especially Thank God for her! I really did use up all my good luck with just being with her and having her in my life.

So for this Mother's Day, spending it at Blue Bayou & in DL in general for the week, was a wonderful celebration and I would have to say, if Cass wanted to buy anything at all in the park at all it would be hers, even DVC if she wanted it ;)
All I can say is enjoy your moments, appreciate your family, you'll never know when you won't be seen again.

Really, you only like the floats? I don't like them because I don't like pineapple juice

I do really like the ones with orange ice-cream and the pineapple juice.....mmmmmmm

I don't think you rode it, it only started back up on May 4th, for Star Wars day and they decided to continue it a bit for Galaxy's Edge opening, so I think you rode Space Mountain.

Oh thank God I am not totally crazy!

Oh, I thought you had a salad like I did!

Nope, it was the gumbo and I was branching out.

dl363 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So for this Mother's Day, spending it at Blue Bayou & in DL in general for the week, was a wonderful celebration and I would have to say, if Cass wanted to buy anything at all in the park at all it would be hers, even DVC if she wanted it

Oh gosh Rob! You are such a great husband. You need to give lessons to many others!

Yikes, Kira is almost taller than Rob too!! 😍

How did you manage to get front row on your ride twice? Do you wait until they can get you into the first row?

What’s up with lady next to Rob on the Incredibles ride? She looks rather bored. lol😂

Cass, next time you have to explain how to pronounce your name, use the same example you used with our server on DCL, Orlan. Oh wait, perhaps not “Disneylike”? 😂🤣

Or, better yet, use MY first name! No one else will be trying to snag your order that way. 😏🤪

My, what big ears you have Rob!!! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂. Love love love this pic! That lady’s arm looks like a big ear and then someone elses head looks like his other ear. Hee Hee 😆D7F33D53-6843-4948-91B9-9079145BBB1E.pngD7F33D53-6843-4948-91B9-9079145BBB1E.png

As an aside for those following this trippie, Mother's Day & this DL trip this year was a very special celebration of life for us. You are probably wondering why that would be, there's a little bit of history to Mother's Day for us.

9yrs ago on Mother's Day (May 2010), Cass' Lupus had take a turn for the worst. During a trip with my parents in which I had taken Kira with us, we drove down on a Friday night the week before Mother's Day (that's 2 1/2 days driving with two late night stops overnight) to Houston for the Offshore Technology Conference in which my Dad was attending.
Unfortunately, Cass had gotten sick shortly after we had left (the Sunday night after we had left) and her Lupus had given her pneumonia. We found out on a Wednesday night that she had been admitted to the hospital ER within 5min of arriving (she was blue at the time) and with that info, we started driving back to Calgary on a Thursday morning at 6am (took us 2hrs to leave Houston due to rush hour traffic) and we drove home in 42hrs straight (with a lot of drama in between including wicked thundershowers, tornadoes, and my Grandpa passing away while we were going through North Dakota) to make it in time to see Cass about an hour before she was to be put on a ventilator for what they thought at the time would be for 3 days.

Unfortunately, Mother's Day was the next day so we gave her lots of hugs and kisses and waited for her to recover. However, on Mother's Day I told by the ICU staff not to go anywhere that day from her side when I arrived at around 8am as Cass' lungs had pretty much totally filled with fluid and her oxygen levels were dropping fast and we weren't sure if she was going to live through the day.
Her lungs had filled with fluid that it actually left her scar tissue in her lungs we would find out after, it was very much touch and go all day. I stayed by her side all day & prayed to God for her, and by 11pm I was given the all clear that things had settled down and she was stable. 7 days later she would come off of the respirator & barring some really rare drug side effects, be with us again. I try to show her every day just how much she is loved and appreciated and especially Thank God for her! I really did use up all my good luck with just being with her and having her in my life.

So for this Mother's Day, spending it at Blue Bayou & in DL in general for the week, was a wonderful celebration and I would have to say, if Cass wanted to buy anything at all in the park at all it would be hers, even DVC if she wanted it ;)
All I can say is enjoy your moments, appreciate your family, you'll never know when you won't be seen again.

This still always makes me cry. I remember starting a new job that week and all I wanted to do was to go home. Talking to you on the phone Rob, made me feel so much better though. Love you guys to pieces!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

May 12th, Part 5

Time for the show! :cool1:

I don't have the best pics to show you, I only use my iphone 8 for photos and videos so they're not the best but believe me when I say, it really is amazing!! And as much as I love the WDW version, the Sailing Ship Columbia (pirate-looking ship) and Maleficent (dragon) puts this show slightly above the Hollywood Studios version, in my books. :thumbsup2

The show has changed quite a bit too even from the last time I saw it, so that was a nice surprise too. ::yes::

261.jpg

262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

270.jpg

271.jpg

After Fantasmic was over, they invite you to stay where you are and stand up to watch Mickey's Mix Magic, so we did and it was AWESOME!!!

The music is ridiculously catchy (I will see if I can use it in my trip video) and they project the mist screens on the Rivers of America and you get a great view of the fireworks. It's not as immersive as it is on Main Street USA but I really enjoyed this first real view of MMM. We all danced and bopped through the whole thing. :dancer:

272.jpg

273.jpg

After a great show, we slowly headed back to our hotel.

274.jpg

2754.jpg

See you tomorrow, Walt :wave2:

276.jpg

We found this very cool treat awaiting us in the room....

277.jpg

278.jpg

279.jpg

Sometimes, Rob's friendliness pays off. ::yes:::thumbsup2

You should have seen Kira's very big eyes upon seeing all of these goodies :rotfl2:

She had some during the next few days and we brought the rest home with us. Thanks Joe & team :hug:

Last edited:
We loved the music for MMM. We would bop along with it too.
Nice treat!!!!

May 13th, Part 1

Before I continue on with our second park day, I meant to write this at the end of the last chapter...

We had such an amazing first park day and the fact that I got to spend Mother's Day at Disneyland was just the BEST!!! I lost my mom over 21 years ago so usually Mother's Day for me is filled with a lot of sadness and is very hard for me to "celebrate". Back when Rob's parents lived closer, I would push him to take Kira and go be with his Mom, told him to cherish every single Mother's Day with her that he can because she won't be around forever. I mostly just wanted to be alone on Mother's Day, so I can just be sad and mourn my Mom in my own way and not have it affect Rob and Kira.

My first few Mother's Days as a Mom were definitely the toughest and it is getting a little easier as the years go on but I still feel a huge emptiness and despite my best efforts, I still feel a huge loss and get very sad. It hits me most on Mother's Day and around Christmastime, when we lost her.

This was the first Mother's Day in over 20 years that I have felt something other than deep sadness. It was our first park day of the trip so everything was so exciting and fun and there was zero stress and while I still thought about her that day, the day was filled with joy and laughter and fun with the two people I love most in this world. 🥰

So, yeah...BEST MOTHER'S DAY EVER!!! :cloud9::love::worship:

Okay, sappiness over, let's continue with our second park day! :goodvibes

We woke up to a beautiful overcast sky :cool1:

280.jpg

Kira wasn't even close to ready so Rob had time to grab their breakfast and come back up to the room.

281.jpg

282.jpg

Kira enjoying half of a chocolate croissant.

283.jpg

Then it was time for early entry again at DCA. :thumbsup2

This cute little van was parked near the ticket gates...

285.jpg

And a not-so-busy looking Esplanade...

286.jpg

We got here later than I had planned but still about half-way through the early entry hour.

287.jpg

We always struggle with which line to pick. Normally, the one I pick is the fastest but this morning Rob was feeling cheeky and chose the line next to us.

288.jpg

The thing here is that you never know if the people in front of you are going to be two seconds to scan their pass or five minutes because they don't have early entry and the CM needs to explain it all to them :rolleyes2

In my case, there was a party of 5 who needed to get their tickets and have their photos taken so Rob beat us into the park this morning. Kira wasn't too happy about it either :lmao:

289.jpg

We made it finally, I bought Kira's Max Pass for the day and we headed directly to....

290.jpg

:love:

Kira said she would wait for us while we rode it which worked out because there was something at this store that she had wanted.

Stan Lee has a cameo here, asking if they offer valet services :rotfl2:

291.jpg

Another great ride on my fave!

292.jpg

She was supposed to buy it while we were on the ride but I guess she couldn't find what she was looking for so we helped her find it ;)

She wanted the Groot that we had been seeing all over the parks on people shoulders and on top of hats. It was the cutest little thing! ::yes::

295.jpg

While she was fixing him up on her shoulders, I noticed these...I love how different and unique some of the flora and fauna is here! :thumbsup2

296.jpg

Groot was situated and then we headed off to Pixar Pier.

297.jpg

She often chatted with him too, it was super cute :lmao:

298.jpg

Follow Kira and Groot...

299.jpg

300.jpg

We had reservations for Lamplight Lounge later on in the week but we ended up cancelling it in favour of something else. :rolleyes1

401.jpg

The theming here is just soooo dang cute!

402.jpg

403.jpg

404.jpg

FYI, they have a single rider option on Incredicoaster. :thumbsup2

405.jpg

We had MP though.

Oooh, we have to stop here and try a cookie num-num soon! ::yes::

406.jpg

I pretended to be asleep for this one :earboy2:

Rob was supposed to ride with Kira but when the train pulled up, there was no shoulder harness in his spot so he had to ride with me. Weird.

293.jpg

Kira wanted to go again but Rob didn't care to join us. I was able to grab another MP for Kira and I right away so me and my kiddo went!

407.jpg

Rob took this from the walkway hahaha!

408.jpg

Yeah Mom, thuper babies!

294.jpg

We passed by Jessie's but Kira was still adamant about not riding but Rob and I wanted to try it so Kira waited for us :p

409.jpg

There's my party-pooper daughter :rolleyes::teeth:

410.jpg

411.jpg

It was a cute little ride with a cute song. ☺

412.jpg

We passed an Angry Dog...told ya there was great theming here! ::yes::

413.jpg

We headed into Bing Bong's just to check it out.

414.jpg

Lots of cute merch and Bing Bong himself.

415.jpg

Reached my photo limit again. 🙁

I am not caught up with reading but I am the chef tonight (we rotate in our house, well, Rob and I do rotate cooking duties, Sarah nor Grandma cook) and I want to make comments before I forget what I wanted to say...age ....

It took awhile because it got held up in Louisville, Kentucky but it got here two days ago and is now hanging above our bed :love:

Why the heck it went from Anaheim all the way to Louisville to get to Calgary is beyond me :confused3 :rotfl2:

Louisville KY is certainly a circular route from CA to you. It must have taken awhile to reach you.

Love the shirt! You are a good mom.

I was very sad about that because I wanted to do it five times in a row and we totally could have because no one was around. We were about to carry on to our next ride when she suggested we go without her. She said she would wait. We weren't sure if we wanted to leave her there alone, after all, she's our baby, our one and only and we are a little over protective. A lot over protective if you ask her. 🙄

Sarah is only one and we were (and still are) way overprotective. Much to her displeasure.

On-ride selfie! :P

154.jpg

Cute!

Cute hoodie! Did she ever say, "Mom, you were right, I should have brought a hoodie with me this morning." :rotfl2:

We slowly walked towards our goal while I tried to add our Max Pass. Rob and I already had it on our tickets but I had to add it each day to Kira's and that was such a huge pain the buttocks! The wi-fi was terrible and I would log-in, start buying it then it would kick me out and I would have to do it all over again! 🤬

What is a Max Pass? What does it get you? I assume there is a cost for it? Why did you and Rob already have one?

Look at all of the people waiting for 8am opening. :eek:

156.jpg

If you stay left and show your room key, you can pass them all :cool1::banana:

I bet they are jealous of you guys.

Last edited:
May 13th, 2019 Part 2

Let's continue on...hitting up what my good friend Jen calls a "death trap" :rotfl2:

416.jpg

We love Goofy's Sky School! We need a chiropractic adjustment afterwards but it's fun :rotfl2:

417.jpg

Next up was Golden Zephyr, I don't think we've ever been on this together.

418.jpg

It's got great views.

419.jpg

A quick photo op for me & Rob.

301.jpg

And we perused the stores for a bit and here's that purple shirt that I bought. I didn't buy it that day but maybe the next day I think but this was the first time that I saw it. :lovestruc

302.jpg

After some window shopping we headed over to Disneyland...
303jpg

304.jpg

I spotted Ron Dominguez's window. If you read my 2015 DL trip report, you will remember me pointing out the Dominguez tree over in Adventureland. To give you a brief history, Ron lived on what is now Disneyland, his house was located around where Pirates sits and Walt bought their property back when he was building Disneyland. He promised to keep this particular tree there because it was special to his grandparents, being a wedding gift that was planted back in 1896. Well, he kept that promise and it's still there today. If you look closely enough, you can easily spot it, it is unique and doesn't look like the other trees around it. Ron was hired to be a CM for Disneyland just a few days before the park opened back in 1955 and eventually moved up the ladder and eventually became executive VP of Walt Disney attractions on the West Coast and helped to get DCA built. Such a cool story! 8-)

305.jpg

Oh look, a mountain! :duck: :p

306.jpg

Time for our MP for Matterhorn. This was Kira's first time on it.

307.jpg

309.jpg

After that, it was time for our lunch at one of my favourite places, Carnation Cafe :cool1:

310.jpg

Sorry for the glare but I love this pic!

311.jpg

We were seated outside along the outside railing.

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

Sadly, no wi-fi again. 😥 It seemed like every time we got to sit down and relax somewhere, there was no wi-fi. What a pain in the butt! 😠

Kira ended up playing some type of game while Groot looked on and Rob checked his emails.

315.jpg

Groot was helping her 😂

316.jpg

I got the fried pickles and my glorious potato soup as my lunch. 🥰

317.jpg

Rob got the chicken...

318.jpg

Kira got the pasta...

319.jpg

Hello, gorgeous!! 😍

320.jpg

It was so good that I made reservations for dinner later in the week so we could have that soup again. I had given some to Rob and he had remembered how good it was and wanted a bowl to himself. 😁

Next up was dessert...😜

This time though we made it over to Tropical Hideaway which is recent awesome addition to Adventureland. This place has different flavours of Dole Whip as well as food but we weren't interested in food. 😄

321.jpg

322.jpg

323.jpg

Here is Rosita! I love that they put Rosita here. In the Tiki Birds, Jose wondered for over 50 years what happened to Rosita, well, now we finally know 🤗 She comes alive every few minutes and tells very corny, very cute jokes.

324.jpg

Today, we would finally be trying the raspberry Dole Whip! :woohoo:

# 6 🍦 and #7 🍦

325.jpg

It was delicious!! It was better than the pineapple, in my opinion but the absolute best combination of Dole Whip is putting them both together!!! :worship::love:

326.jpg

Of course, we had to take in a show afterwards :thumbsup2

327.jpg

328.jpg

The old Dole Whip place is currently only taking mobile orders, which is kind of a chaotic mess.

329.jpg

330jpg

331.jpg

330.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! :love: This was my second Mother's Day without my mom and it hurt just a little bit less this year :grouphug:

What a wonderful surprise to return to in your room!!! Yum!!

Haha I saw several people with that Groot-on-the-shoulder during our trip in March, but could never figure out where to buy one, d'oh!

Haha I think we sat at the EXACT same table for Carnation Cafe in March as well.....that soup is divine!!!!

I've lost track of the Dole Whips, I'm going to say those were #'s 6&7? haha

or those of you who know, does all gumbo taste like this? Or is this a Disney-dumbed-down version? Just curious. :scratchin This one was spicier than the one we had in 2015 but I'm a baby when it comes to spices.

234.jpg

We used to live in Louisiana and this does not look like any gumbo I have had. But it does look tasty. Gumbo is soupy with a small tablespoon of rice in it and if you live in Cajun country where we lived, a small tablespoon of potato salad is also dropped into the soup. Gumbo should not be "hot" spice but just spices. You add your heat at the table per individual taste.

Groot was situated and then we headed off to Pixar Pier.

297.jpg

This is so Cute! I had to ask my husband who Groot was since I have not seen the movie. Now I want to see the movie. And go to Disneyland.

The thing here is that you never know if the people in front of you are going to be two seconds to scan their pass or five minutes because they don't have early entry and the CM needs to explain it all to them :rolleyes2

This is exactly what would happen to us daily. I would always pick the line that had someone who needed pictures..or for early entry...behind people who shouldn't be going in.

Stan Lee has a cameo here, asking if they offer valet services

I took pictures there too. hahaha

early102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Let's continue on...hitting up what my good friend Jen calls a "death trap" :rotfl2:

That Whole area is a death trap!

here's that purple shirt that I bought.

I saw there there on our visit and thought of you and bet you would like it.

Such a cool story!

I never heard that before....that really is a cool story

Today, we would finally be trying the raspberry Dole Whip!

Yum...Now that raspberry one looks really good!

Thanks babe, I am so lucky to have you. :love:

I do really like the ones with orange ice-cream and the pineapple juice.....mmmmmmm

Oh thank God I am not totally crazy!

Nope, it was the gumbo and I was branching out.

dl363 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Oh gosh Rob! You are such a great husband. You need to give lessons to many others!

We eventually tried the orange one too and I was thinking of you because I know it's your fave :thumbsup2

Oh man, I could have had the gumbo with you!! You should have smacked me and said, don't get the salad Cass!!! 😜

@Darkrobe oh my goodness. My heart both broke and filled with joy reading your post! :love::grouphug:

He's a keeper 😍

Yikes, Kira is almost taller than Rob too!! 😍

How did you manage to get front row on your ride twice? Do you wait until they can get you into the first row?

What’s up with lady next to Rob on the Incredibles ride? She looks rather bored. lol😂

Cass, next time you have to explain how to pronounce your name, use the same example you used with our server on DCL, Orlan. Oh wait, perhaps not “Disneylike”? 😂🤣

Or, better yet, use MY first name! No one else will be trying to snag your order that way. 😏🤪

My, what big ears you have Rob!!! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂. Love love love this pic! That lady’s arm looks like a big ear and then someone elses head looks like his other ear. Hee Hee 😆View attachment 404924View attachment 404924

When you get up to the front, you can ask to be front row, it will be a longer wait but sometimes it's worth it :thumbsup2

Yes, I should definitely say my name like that, just not around kids 😜

LOL, those are ugly ears 😄

This still always makes me cry. I remember starting a new job that week and all I wanted to do was to go home. Talking to you on the phone Rob, made me feel so much better though. Love you guys to pieces!!!!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

:love1:

We loved the music for MMM. We would bop along with it too.
Nice treat!!!!

It's really good! Kira loved it so much, she recorded it from the TV onto her phone so she could listen to it over and over :p

I am not catch up with reading but I am the chef tonight (we rotate in our house, well, Rob and I do rotate cooking duties, Sarah nor Grandma cook) and I want to make comments before I forget what I wanted to say...age ....

Louisville KY is certainly a circular route from CA to you. It must have taken awhile to reach you.

Love the shirt! You are a good mom.

Sarah is only one and we were (and still are) way overprotective. Much to her displeasure.

Cute!

Cute hoodie! Did she ever say, "Mom, you were right, I should have brought a hoodie with me this morning." :rotfl2:

What is a Max Pass? What does it get you? I assume there is a cost for it? Why did you and Rob already have one?

I bet they are jealous of you guys.

Yes, long way around but it got to us about a week after we got home only because it was delayed in Louisville for some reason, it was supposed to be here the day after we got home.

She loves that shirt/hoodie too. She's a good kid...mostly :rolleyes:

And, no she never said that! :rolleyes2

Max Pass is the ability to get Fast Passes on your phone. It's $15 per person per day and worth every penny for us. I used it wisely and often had a MP for another ride right after I scanned our current MP. I would not go without it at Disneyland and I hope they don't take it away.

Yes, they were very jealous! But FP is free with entry, so they could have done FP too :rolleyes1

Oh I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! :love: This was my second Mother's Day without my mom and it hurt just a little bit less this year :grouphug:

What a wonderful surprise to return to in your room!!! Yum!!

Haha I saw several people with that Groot-on-the-shoulder during our trip in March, but could never figure out where to buy one, d'oh!

Haha I think we sat at the EXACT same table for Carnation Cafe in March as well.....that soup is divine!!!!

I've lost track of the Dole Whips, I'm going to say those were #'s 6&7? haha

I was thinking of you as I wrote that paragraph. It does get easier, some years are harder than others. :hug:

The Groots were also in the World of Disney store but we only saw them after five trips there :upsidedow

Ha! Too funny! I want to go back just for the soup!!! ::yes::

GAH!! I totally forgot to label them, thanks for reminding me!!! You are right, 6 & 7 :thumbsup2 I fixed it in my post :goodvibes

We used to live in Louisiana and this does not look like any gumbo I have had. But it does look tasty. Gumbo is soupy with a small tablespoon of rice in it and if you live in Cajun country where we lived, a small tablespoon of potato salad is also dropped into the soup. Gumbo should not be "hot" spice but just spices. You add your heat at the table per individual taste.

This is so Cute! I had to ask my husband who Groot was since I have not seen the movie. Now I want to see the movie. And go to Disneyland.

It was very soupy under the rice and it was delish, especially when I mixed the rice in :cool1:

Oh man, you need to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, both of them, like NOW!!! :thumbsup2

Then go to Disneyland ASAP! :rotfl2:

This is exactly what would happen to us daily. I would always pick the line that had someone who needed pictures..or for early entry...behind people who shouldn't be going in.

I took pictures there too. hahaha

early102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That Whole area is a death trap!

I saw there there on our visit and thought of you and bet you would like it.

I never heard that before....that really is a cool story

Yum...Now that raspberry one looks really good!

I was pretty good at picking small lines but you never know what the person in front of you was going to do. 🥴

Haha! Loved the Stan Lee cameo, great minds 😝

LOL! Nah, no death trap in Disney 😁

You know I can't pass up a nice purple shirt 🤓

The raspberry/pineapple combination was the bomb!! 🥰

Joining in! I usually lurk, but I've followed a few years of your trippies and it's amazing to see how much Kira has grown! I love your idea of giving incentives for good behavior as souvenir money!! I'll probably be using that idea myself in the future!

I share Kira's apprehension about the GotG ride! I loved the theming of ToT but I hate drop rides! :scared1::sick:

May 13th, Part 3

After the Enchanted Tiki Room, we checked out the shops on Main Street.

332.jpg

333.jpg

At lunch, Kira was telling me exactly what kind of ring she was looking for. She's a big Beauty & The Beast fan and she wanted a rose ring that wrapped around her finger, with the stem and with leaves on it. Well, she found exactly that at this store here....and she bought it. :wizard:

334.jpg

I showed Rob & Kira Walt's bench...yes, this is the actual bench where he sat and watched his girls ride the carousel and had the idea for Disneyland. 🥰

335.jpg

Then we saw some of the props they used in Aladdin...

337.jpg

338.jpg

Saw this and thought of my friend Nancy :love:

339.jpg

Saw these and thought they were awesome! I even bought two of them and then got home and looked at them closer. I knew you had to build them but I did not realize how ridiculously hard it would be so I lovingly handed them off to Rob to build for me. :rolleyes1 :p

340.jpg

Rob was eyeing this sucker....

341.jpg

After shopping, we headed back to the hotel for our daily rest. I am so glad we did this. Last year at WDW, we did 5 straight days of full-day theme parking and it was rough on all of us. Disneyland lends itself to some rest time so much easier than WDW.

Rob and I ended up watching the penultimate episode of Game of Thrones that afternoon. We had missed it the day before since we were at the parks and he really wanted to see it before he read spoilers. I was not as eager to watch it on vacation, I would have preferred to wait until we got home so we could watch it on our big screen. The TV's at the Disneyland Hotel are small and we were streaming it from Rob's iPad and it looked very dark. I was straining to see it, even with our room pitch black. It was enjoyable but I was a little grumpy afterwards because of it and Kira had a huge attitude about doing the homework she needed to get done and that bit of stress had manifested itself into my health and by the time we got back to the parks, I wasn't feeling so good. 😟

I had read about the delicious chicken at Flo's V-8 Cafe, many said it rivaled the chicken at The Plaza Inn so we decided to eat there because Rob and Kira had never had that pleasure.

420.jpg

421.jpg

We sat down at a booth and were a little shocked at how high the table was. 😳😜

422.jpg

We moved over to a table and felt way more comfortable. :thumbsup2

You can tell from my red face (lupus rash) that I wasn't feeling my best.

423.jpg

The plan was to split a chicken dinner and then if it was that good, we would get another. This was mostly a stop for Rob, we weren't super hungry anyway as Kira had been snacking in the room and I was feeling off.

Not only did the fried chicken NOT even compare to the Plaza Inn chicken, it was disgusting!! It was WAY overcooked and super crunchy, very hard to eat. The rest was good but we actually hurt our mouths eating this chicken!! :crazy2:

This was the only bad meal we had the entire trip so really I can't complain too much. I went back up and got an order of fries for Kira and I to share while Rob ate this crap. He doesn't like to waste food and he hates to leave food on his plate so he ate it all.

424.jpg

This tiny plate of fries was $4 USD :sad2:

425.jpg

On our way to Flo's we had stopped to get Kira a new phone case. Hers was cracked and her pop socket had come off. We had been looking at all of the stores for a new case and we finally found the perfect one for her. I actually picked it out for her and when she looked at it and discovered how much she liked it, she said "Are you sure????? It's Minnie!" 😬

:rotfl2:

My kid knows my aversion to Minnie Mouse so she thought I would object HAHAHAHAHA! I explained to her that I would never buy it for myself but I was totally okay with her having it. 😝

426.jpg

The fries had tied us over and I knew we would be eating soon anyway but the temperature had dropped quite a bit and Rob was freezing by the time he had finished eating his chicken dinner. He ended up going back to the hotel to change into jeans and get his heavy jacket. He also brought hoodies for me and Kira just in case. I ended up wearing mine later but mostly because I didn't want to carry it around. Kira didn't need hers at all.

We had MP's for Racers so we waited for Rob to get back. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to use them. We had something special planned and we had to be there soon!

Since this would be Rob and Kira's first time seeing World of Color (it was in refurb during our last trip in 2015) I wanted to do something special. Also, I wanted to have this experience under my belt so I had booked us the World of Color Dessert Party. :woohoo:

My confirmation said to start lining up at 8:15pm but we had passed by there before 8pm and there was already tons of people in line so Kira and I hopped in line while we waited for Rob to get back.

So pro-tip, when doing any dining packages, don't listen to the time they give you, go way earlier! We were early at Fantasmic and there were almost no spots left!

This was better because even though we were way behind in the line, there were plenty of spots for us. You check-in here at this sign...

427.jpg

428.jpg

They come around and ask your name just to confirm that you're in the right place and then when they let you in, which was about 8:10pm, they check your name on the list and give you wrist bands so that if you need to leave the area to go to the bathroom or something else, you can get back in. Rob found us just before we were let in. :thumbsup2

Once you get your wristbands, you head down this sloped walkway and then take a hard right and into the area where they check your bands and then assign you a table. You have two choices, a lower table in the front row or a high top table in the back row. We requested a high-top for the best view.

429.jpg

The best thing about the Dessert party is that you get to SIT DOWN and watch the show. :worship: After a long day and especially since I wasn't feeling the best, this was AWESOME!!!

And even though I felt there were tons of people in front of us already seated, there were plenty of good tables left and we sat at the best table, IMHO :woohoo:

430.jpg

Looking to the left from our table...

431.jpg

There was a bread basket and menus on the table waiting for us.

433.jpg

434.jpg

Looking to the right from our table...

435.jpg

Our server came around right away, like the second we were seated! He offered us drinks. Alcoholic drinks (2 max per person I think?) were included but we don't drink so we just got some Diet Cokes and a coffee for Rob. Kira got a lemonade and then someone else brought us some bottled waters.

Right after we got our drinks, they brought each of us a plate with food and desserts. Rob and Kira loved that we had our own plates, they thought we had to share it. :rotfl:

436.jpg

Since I hadn't had dinner, I mostly dug into the cheese and bread and saved the desserts for last. Everything was fresh and delicious! The server came around numerous times for refills and even suggested and then brought us some hot chocolate. He said it was especially good and he was right! I don't even drink hot chocolate and I tried it and thought it was delicious!

He also took some photos of us.

437.jpg

And even made sure to get a photo from both sides.

438.jpg

We felt spoiled! The service was beyond fantastic, the food was delicious and it was so nice to sit down and relax and not have to fight for a spot to watch the show from.

My favourite thing on the plate was the cheesecake followed by the shortbread cookie, yum!!

It was now time for the show!

440.jpg

441.jpg

442.jpg

443.jpg

444jpg

445.jpg

Photos do NOT do it justice, it's really so beautiful!! Rob and Kira LOVED it and both could not wait to watch it again!

Our server had brought around some to-go boxes for us to take our leftovers back to the hotel which was great and Rob ended up snacking on them over the next few days. I also ate Kira's cheesecake the next day since she had hardly even touched it! Sa·cré bleu! :rotfl2:

When we walked out of the area, we saw TONS of wasted food that was left on the tables. :scared1: We talked to the CM's and they said that they actually use it to feed their animals. Not sure the sweet stuff gets used but I'm glad to hear that it's not all just tossed. ::yes::

As we walked to the exit, we watched the fireworks from MMM. :cloud9:

446.jpg

I didn't have the capacity to deal with the Downtown Disney crowds just then so we ended up going through the Grand Californian and the back way to the Disneyland Hotel. Kira got a little worried and wasn't sure if I was taking them the right way. I asked her if her Mom had ever steered her wrong in Disney and she said no but still didn't trust me until she saw our hotel. :lmao:

When I saw this palm tree, I snort-laughed and said this was Rob's tree. We all broke into laughter :rotfl2:

If you've read previous trip reports of mine, you will know just how much Rob enjoys his food. He's kind of known for it at this point and we've met up with fellow DISers on some of our trips and they've asked him if he's eaten enough food :rotfl: This trip was no exception of course and he had filled himself to the brim at every meal. At the end of every meal, he would rub his over-filled tummy and exclaim how full he was. I joked that he had a food baby at each meal and that he shouldn't eat so much. Kira and I don't like to feel full, plus it's hard to do rides over and over when your tummy is so full so we pace ourselves. (I actually did overeat on one occasion, that I will eventually tell you about, and I totally regretted it! :rolleyes2)

Despite getting an average of 24,000 steps per day, Rob ended up putting on some weight this trip. I told him he's no spring chicken anymore and can't eat the way he used without consequences.

He's now on keto with me and after only 1 week, has already lost his vacation weight. Ugh, men! :rolleyes2:laughing:

447.jpg

Last edited:
Haha food baby :rotfl2:

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well later in the day :( That food does NOT look good (and pricey!!) We've never had a bad meal at Flo's but now I know to stay away from the fried chicken!!

The dessert party is THE way to go when watching WOC! For sure. In 2015 we somehow ended up near the very front watching WOC and got soaked :sad2: In 2016 I discovered the dessert party and there was no looking back! lol Did it again in 2017 and will not watch WOC without doing it in the future!
Love your photos, just gorgeous! And imagine leaving any of those tasty treats behind?! Get a box to carry it out but for goodness sake DON'T leave it behind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!