Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder??? Get the fog outta here!

I forgot about the Mickey Rice Krispie treat you mentioned early on. Where did you get that from? I'm asking for a friend :rolleyes1

I LOVED seeing Kira throw up her arms when she got on the ship. Such a pure expression of emotion.

Also, that dancing tree is hilarious.

Wow, your embarkation time was awful! I can't believe the port was such a cluster-****. Awesome that you were able to spread a little pixie dust to the boarding agent who checked you in, though. I also found it odd that they didn't announce you on board. That day was obviously NOT one of DCL's prouder moments.

I was gone for a few days so I missed the last few updates, but got caught up just now. :)

I LOVED your sunrise pictures! So so pretty. The best place to watch a sunrise!

Very fun that Ms Kira found a friend to pal around with; I was the same as her when I was younger so I totally understand where she's coming from. It looked like they had a great time hanging out together!

I am with you on the rude people - I call those folks "spatially unaware." No concept of the people around them, those who are waiting, who were already there, etc.

Your Christmas present was SO pretty! I love that necklace.

I loved seeing pictures of the menus. I am sailing on the Wonder in just a few weeks and although I am eating in Cabanas for dinner, it was good to see them. (I want to try out Cabanas for dinner, plus I am sailing solo and I don't really have an interest in being put with random people.)

I do what you did on Castaway Cay; go to the beaches and then head to the ship for lunch and such. I think the Cookies meal is just OK, I would rather eat in the ship. Plus as you said, it's nearly empty that day and it's nice to have a quiet ship to wander around, take pictures, have quiet at the pool, etc.

Thanks again for a wonderful TR! It's making me even more excited for my cruise!

Glad you caught up :goodvibes

I am so glad she met E, I only wish it was sooner :thumbsup2

Spatially unaware is so much nicer than my word :p :rolleyes1

Thank you, I love it too :love: He wanted to get me the bigger Mickey Mouse one but I am not a big jewelry kind of gal :rolleyes:

We've eaten in Cabanas (on the Fantasy) for dinner and they typically had the previous night's menus so hopefully some of the good, popular stuff will come up on the menu at Cabanas for you :thumbsup2

Yes, being on the ship for CC day is actually quite awesome, isn't it?? :worship: I like a little bit of beach/ocean time but can only handle so much before I feel ill, so I don't mind leaving the island early for the empty ship :love:

You are gonna have a GREAT cruise hun, I just know it :hug: Can't wait to see pics!!!

It's over? :sad:

Thanks for this great report :worship:

I know, right? I'm crying too :sad:

One more video and I am totally done with it :scared:

There's always the next one :rolleyes: ;)

Another great video....and now I will be singing uptown funk all night long!

LOL, yup you and me both! Although Cheap Thrills is one of our faves and we were all singing it for days :goodvibes

I forgot about the Mickey Rice Krispie treat you mentioned early on. Where did you get that from? I'm asking for a friend :rolleyes1

They hand them out after the Castaway Club get together :thumbsup2

Wow, your embarkation time was awful! I can't believe the port was such a cluster-****. Awesome that you were able to spread a little pixie dust to the boarding agent who checked you in, though. I also found it odd that they didn't announce you on board. That day was obviously NOT one of DCL's prouder moments.

I found it SO odd that NO ONE was even around when we boarded the ship!!! Normally there's a million cast members welcoming you so yeah, quite a different experience o_O

Hey I loved your report! We are taking the same cruise (except it's Nov 24th) this year!

I really appreciate the YYC terminal info! I work for WJ in Kamloops and haven't had a chance to go through yet, so I shared your report with a couple of my coworkers :)

How much was it to park your rental car for the week?

Hey I loved your report! We are taking the same cruise (except it's Nov 24th) this year!

I really appreciate the YYC terminal info! I work for WJ in Kamloops and haven't had a chance to go through yet, so I shared your report with a couple of my coworkers :)

How much was it to park your rental car for the week?

There are several parking lots that you can choose around Galveston, all close to the port. Some have covered lots, most don't. The one we chose was the Official Port Parking Lot of Galveston and it is $70 for a 7 night cruise, $65 if you pay in advance online and was free for me with my profession. :thumbsup2

I also reviewed YYC and posted tons of pics on the YYC FB page on January 2nd ;) (link below)

YYC FB Reviews Page

Last edited:

I just read through your whole trip report. It was an interesting perspective since I was on the Magic the exact same dates as you so it was cool to see the differences between the two cruises :)

I'm here! Late to the party but I made it lol. I just got to your first day on the ship... what a doozie of a day! I actually remember all your posts on fb at that time. Nate would say... you have to check out Cass's fb! It's nuts!!

I just read through your whole trip report. It was an interesting perspective since I was on the Magic the exact same dates as you so it was cool to see the differences between the two cruises :)

Awesome! I hope you had a great cruise on the Magic :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I'm here! Late to the party but I made it lol. I just got to your first day on the ship... what a doozie of a day! I actually remember all your posts on fb at that time. Nate would say... you have to check out Cass's fb! It's nuts!!

Fashionably late ;)
party:

Yeah, it was so traumatic, I never posted again on FB about our trip :lmao:

That day aside, it was a great trip ::yes:: :thumbsup2

I loved following your trip report! I can only imagine how much work goes into it and want you to know it is appreciated!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your videos!! :love:
Your family is absolutely precious!

Just wanted to thank you for an awesome trip report!!!!! Glad you were able to enjoy Christmas this year!

:yay:I could see the videos this time! And hear the music!:cheer2::banana::cheer2: There was a problem with the music license in our country last time, I think. It didn't work.
But now it works! Yeah for that.
They're awesome! Your music choice rocks!! I do have 85% of the songs, too. :D And I love the footage!! How well the music and the videoshots go together. You all look so pleased and happy! What a cool memory! :thumbsup2

OMG, I love love your trip reports! Thank you so much for sharing! I have to go back and watch the new videos you posted.
I can't believe how big your girl is getting! My baby girl is 20 now and I have the best memories of WDW and DL of her growing up with the mouse. pixiedust:

Did you make the notebooks for your gifts on the cruise? I still make little goodie bags for my daughter and her friend/cousin/whoever we kidnap for her buddy on vacations. The notebooks would be a great gift. Love your lights on the door also! Great ideas!

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. You deserve it!

I loved following your trip report! I can only imagine how much work goes into it and want you to know it is appreciated!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your videos!! :love:
Your family is absolutely precious!

Awww, thanks for the words of encouragement :hug:

Yes, it's a lot of work, between the editing photos, uploading them, writing the content, adding photos/smileys...it's a good chunk of my spare time for two months ::yes::

But I love writing them because I get to relive my vacation and then months and years later, I enjoy reading them and remembering the details that I had forgotten :D

I just got a new computer so hopefully I can finish up the last video soon :thumbsup2

Just wanted to thank you for an awesome trip report!!!!! Glad you were able to enjoy Christmas this year!

Thank you so much!! It was so enjoyable :cool1:

:yay:I could see the videos this time! And hear the music!:cheer2::banana::cheer2: There was a problem with the music license in our country last time, I think. It didn't work.
But now it works! Yeah for that.
They're awesome! Your music choice rocks!! I do have 85% of the songs, too. :D And I love the footage!! How well the music and the videoshots go together. You all look so pleased and happy! What a cool memory! :thumbsup2

Yay! I am glad YouTube didn't block Germany this time, that was just so weird :scratchin :confused3:rotfl2:

OMG, I love love your trip reports! Thank you so much for sharing! I have to go back and watch the new videos you posted.
I can't believe how big your girl is getting! My baby girl is 20 now and I have the best memories of WDW and DL of her growing up with the mouse. pixiedust:

Did you make the notebooks for your gifts on the cruise? I still make little goodie bags for my daughter and her friend/cousin/whoever we kidnap for her buddy on vacations. The notebooks would be a great gift. Love your lights on the door also! Great ideas!

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. You deserve it!

Time just flies by when your kid is growing up, eh? :goodvibes

It's great having memories/photos/videos of your kids in Disney as they grow. I wish I could have taken her more often but at least I got to see it through her eyes a few times :lovestruc

Yes, I had the notebooks printed for the FE group. I might even do it again for my next cruise :rolleyes1

Thanks for the kind words :hug:

Hi Cass! Finally stopping to watch your videos. LOVED IT! Now I want to go to Galveston instead of South Padre next time we go to the beach, and to sail on the Wonder next cruise! Are you sharing these with your clients?

Last edited:
Hi Cass! Finally stopping to watch your videos. LOVED IT! Now I want to go to Galveston instead of South Padre next time we go to the beach, and to sail on the Wonder next cruise! Are you sharing these with your clients?

Yay, glad you enjoyed the videos :cool1:

I honestly can't wait to go back to Galveston, I hope we get the chance soon, it's awesome :goodvibes

I post links to my videos on my Facebook Pages, they are useful for my new cruise clients to get a taste of what it's like to cruise on DCL :thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!