Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder - 2018. Third time's a charm!

I'm really loving your reports, thanks so much for all the details, info and food pics!

Kira looks just like you in this video! Your smiles are totally identical.

What program do you use to make your videos? They look great.

Ohhh, the video is fantastic! It so perfectly sums up the first few days in ten minutes! And it gives us a much better feel for the overall effect of the Christmas lights in your stateroom. :lovestruc My favorite part was Kira jumping into the frigid Texas hotel pool and immediately leaping out with a “NOPE!” :laughing:

I am completely OBSESSED with your trip reports! They are amazing. I’ve been binge-reading since I started this one, and I’ve gone back and read your old ones too! Your videos are awesome, too. You have definitely made me dream of Christmas at sea! Thank you for sharing

...and video part 2 was just as great as part 1! (The song choice for Grand Cayman was perfect, based on your description of the turtles.)

Okay, you’ve inspired me. Going to try to post a trip report of my own. Nowhere near as long or exciting a trip, but I want to try to capture it. :flower1:

What a lovely trip. I really enjoy all your reports and am looking forward to following along on your next adventure.

I have really enjoyed your trip report!!!! What a great last couple of days you had. Galveston looks like a great place to visit...when the weather cooperates ;) Love the videos as well. Hope you get get to another cruise this year for Xmas.

Awww love the bonus photos by Kira!!! :love:

I love checking her phone after we come back from vacation :lovestruc

Another wonderful trip in the books! I am making a note to cross that resort in Galveston off my list!

Jill in CO

Trip Advisor has pretty good reviews on it, perhaps we were just lucky? :confused3 :rolleyes2

Another wonderful report. You have a beautiful family. This first video is AWESOME!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Awww, thanks so much tammy :hug:

I'm really loving your reports, thanks so much for all the details, info and food pics!

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Loved them!!! Oh my gosh, you do such a great job with those videos! :love::flower1:

Thank you :hug:

Kira looks just like you in this video! Your smiles are totally identical.

What program do you use to make your videos? They look great.

Hahaha that's so funny, I think she looks like her daddy and her daddy's mommy. Sometimes I see glimpses of her aunt on my side but I don't see me in her, not yet anyway. :rolleyes:

I use Pinnacle Studio for all of my video projects. Started using it way back in 2005 and I'm just so used to it. Adobe Premier is probably better but me-no-likey. :duck:

Ohhh, the video is fantastic! It so perfectly sums up the first few days in ten minutes! And it gives us a much better feel for the overall effect of the Christmas lights in your stateroom. :lovestruc My favorite part was Kira jumping into the frigid Texas hotel pool and immediately leaping out with a “NOPE!” :laughing:

Aww, thanks! :hug:

Yes, it's hard to show the lights in photos. Even the video doesn't do it justice but better than photos :thumbsup2

All of the light in those shots is from the xmas lights, there were no other lights on in that room, apart from the TV. So pretty :love:

Yeah, that was my favourite part too. :p

I also love when Rob steals her Caesar Salad! She didn't find that out until we watched it together on YouTube. :rotfl2:

I am completely OBSESSED with your trip reports! They are amazing. I’ve been binge-reading since I started this one, and I’ve gone back and read your old ones too! Your videos are awesome, too. You have definitely made me dream of Christmas at sea! Thank you for sharing

Awww, such sweet words, thanks :hug:

Did you go backwards from this one or start at the beginning when Kira was only 2 (almost 3)??? :rolleyes:

Wish I still had my 2007 one :scared:

...and video part 2 was just as great as part 1! (The song choice for Grand Cayman was perfect, based on your description of the turtles.)

Okay, you’ve inspired me. Going to try to post a trip report of my own. Nowhere near as long or exciting a trip, but I want to try to capture it. :flower1:

HA! I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that song choice :scratchin That was ONE of the reasons I chose it, good eye! ( or ear :listen:) :thumbsup2

Hey I finally used that smiley, I don't think I EVER have :laughing:

What a lovely trip. I really enjoy all your reports and am looking forward to following along on your next adventure.

Thank you so much! :hug: It might be awhile for the next adventure :guilty:

I have really enjoyed your trip report!!!! What a great last couple of days you had. Galveston looks like a great place to visit...when the weather cooperates ;) Love the videos as well. Hope you get get to another cruise this year for Xmas.

Glad you enjoyed it :D

Yes, I love Galveston! Not sure I would enjoy it as much in the summer when it's packed but I sure love it in December, even with the cold weather :lovestruc

And thanks, I hope we do another Xmas cruise this year too. :hyper:

That was AWESOME! Can't wait for the next trip!

Awww thanks, hun! :goodvibes

Me too!! Crossing fingers for Summer but I guess we will see :flower3:

Love your trip reports! I'm making my way through all of them.

Thank you! :flower: Enjoy! I'm wordy :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Awww, such sweet words, thanks :hug:

Did you go backwards from this one or start at the beginning when Kira was only 2 (almost 3)??? :rolleyes:

Wish I still had my 2007 one :scared:

I originally started going backwards, then I decided to start at the beginning. It was amazing to see her grow up! Seriously thought she was 15 or 16 when I started reading this. I also followed a link to your FB page that you posted and followed it! And subscribed to your youtube channel :rotfl:(Sorry for being a stalker :scared:)

:sad::scared:
First off, I keep meaning to say, I love Rob's jacket. Does he sew on the patches himself? Sarah inherited one of my Levi jackets from the 60s and had it loaded with patches from the various state/national parks we visited over the years. Then last year, at a party at her college, someone stole it, the jacket and her cell phone. She managed to find the cell phone - stomped to bits and I imagine the jacket was probably destroyed. Apparently someone did not like her... Luckily I had more than one Levi jacket so she has started a "new" patch covered jacket. Hopefully this time she will be more aware of where she lays it when at parties.

We only visit "for pay" theaters once every couple of years but when we do, we always choose the ones with the "Loungers" and dining options.

Seriously, they were closed by 8 pm? That cannot be good for business. :sad2:

My students do this during class and think I cannot see them. :smooth:

Ouch! 42F, 6C is too bloody cold for me. Even if the water is warm, you eventually have to come out of it.

I am sure this was needed after coming out of the pool.

Cheers!
Kate

I just noticed that I didn’t reply to this, sorry! :scared:

Rob got someone to sew to patches on there. I don’t care for patches but love jean jackets! I remember when i was 18, I saved up for a very expensive black Levi jean jacket and I ended up losing that at a house party, along with my Alan Parson’s Project tape that was in my pocket! It took me years to get over losing those, so I know exactly how Sarah feels! :sad:

Actually, I still don't think I'm over it :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

I know, right? 8 pm is crazy early! I didn’t even think to check the hours, just assumed it was open :sad2:

Guess we will try next time :p

LOL about your students!

The robes worked well for coming out of the pool :lovestruc

I originally started going backwards, then I decided to start at the beginning. It was amazing to see her grow up! Seriously thought she was 15 or 16 when I started reading this. I also followed a link to your FB page that you posted and followed it! And subscribed to your youtube channel :rotfl:(Sorry for being a stalker :scared:)

Hahaha, she would love that! She just turned 12 in November :D

Too funny, stalk away! :P :hug:

Last edited:
I’m late to the party and just finished reading your trip,report. Thanks for sharing! I feel like we are old friends as we watching Kira grow up. Here are some cyber (((Hugs)))).. I’ve loss both of my parents and there is definitely a void.

Those two photos of you in your robes on the way to the pool are adorable.

I've still never tried Waffle House, always living in the western half of the U.S., but Rob's love for it reminds me that we recently discovered Cora for breakfast when visiting Canada and I think that will be a new standard for us.

I’m late to the party and just finished reading your trip,report. Thanks for sharing! I feel like we are old friends as we watching Kira grow up. Here are some cyber (((Hugs)))).. I’ve loss both of my parents and there is definitely a void.

I knew you would find me :lovestruc :hug:

Thanks for the hugs! I know how you feel, such a void! :sad1: I lost my Dad in January of 2009. Kira was just barely two but at least he got to meet her. It is even worse when both parents are gone, knowing the two people who loved you the most (at least in my case) are no longer there. :sad:

Those two photos of you in your robes on the way to the pool are adorable.

I've still never tried Waffle House, always living in the western half of the U.S., but Rob's love for it reminds me that we recently discovered Cora for breakfast when visiting Canada and I think that will be a new standard for us.

We tried Cora's once many moons ago when there was such hype about them, we didn't care for it at all and haven't been back. :scared: :crazy2: :rolleyes1 We might give them another try though, we have one 10 minutes away. :flower:

If you like waffles, you will have to try it one day 8-)

Fantastic report and videos Cass! You knocked it out of the park once again. I was happy to see YOU in the videos this time, making precious memories with your family. Til next time. Stay well.

WHAT?! I just now found this thread. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Love, love, love your trip reports! Any new ones coming up? I don't want to miss out on another one!

Just found your TR. Thanks for taking the time to write it and post all the photos. I really enjoy TRs with detail that cover the good and not so good.
We’ve cruised twice out of Galveston but I’m not sure I will ever do a cruise over Christmas, so it was fun to read about your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!