Cash reservation vs points reservation difference

saving our pennies

Mouseketeer
We are staying at SSR in a 2 bedroom Villa with friends who are DVC members. This reservation was paid with cash not points.
Can someone tell me the difference we may see in housekeeping and any other things that might be different for a cash reservation VS a points reservation?

Cash thru MS with a DVC discount will have the same 'perks' as a points stay. Cash thru CRO you should get daily full cleanings and pay for parking... Oh and with CRO you end up paying a lot more.

If your friends booked your trip for you through Member Services, you will get the same housekeeping that they get. Daily trash removal, towels replaced on day four unless you have at least an eight night trip booked. Then you get a full cleaning on day four and towels replaced on day eight. If you booked your trip through Disney Reservation Center, you will get a daily full cleaning. That includes making beds, replacing supplies and towels, taking out trash.

Oh, okay, I have no idea what they did! I will bring enough tip money for daily cleaning and if we don't use it all for housekeeping, I guess we'll spurge on an extra mickey bar or dole whip :earboy2:

Oh, okay, I have no idea what they did! I will bring enough tip money for daily cleaning and if we don't use it all for housekeeping, I guess we'll spurge on an extra mickey bar or dole whip :earboy2:
No need to tip for housekeeping unless they do something special for you. If you need the daily full cleaning and your friends used points to book, it will cost $60 a day for full cleaning or $20 for just clean towels and trash removal.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:

• Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners

Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates

• Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:

• Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested

No need to tip for housekeeping unless they do something special for you. If you need the daily full cleaning and your friends used points to book, it will cost $60 a day for full cleaning or $20 for just clean towels and trash removal.
I will add that fresh towels are no longer charged. So for $0 you get fresh towels (may or may not take the old) but don't take your trash which they do daily anyways.

Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:

• Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

Cash thru MS with a DVC discount will have the same 'perks' as a points stay. Cash thru CRO you should get daily full cleanings and pay for parking... Oh and with CRO you end up paying a lot more.

Sometimes you can book through CRO (like any member of the general public) and the discount is bigger than the discount a member would get by booking through MS.

If it's a member staying at a DVC resort on cash, no parking charge.

If your friends booked your trip for you through Member Services, you will get the same housekeeping that they get. Daily trash removal, towels replaced on day four unless you have at least an eight night trip booked. Then you get a full cleaning on day four and towels replaced on day eight. If you booked your trip through Disney Reservation Center, you will get a daily full cleaning. That includes making beds, replacing supplies and towels, taking out trash.
Do you know if check in at 4pm no matter what or is at 3 if you book thru Disney reservation center?

You can check in anytime after 6 am, but the room may not be ready until after 4 pm.

Do you know if check in at 4pm no matter what or is at 3 if you book thru Disney reservation center?
It's a DVC resort. Check in isn't until after 4PM because the villas take longer to clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!