Cash account

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
I plan on having a cash account, and paying with gcs, and I know that when you book excursions with DCL, it shows up on your account folio right away, but from what I understand, they don't actually "bill" the account until the day you go on that excursion, is that correct? I'm feeling particularly lazy about calling DCL to apply my gcs ahead of time because the last few times I've called them, even during non opening week, it's been lengthy waits of over an hour. If say, I booked an excursion with DCL that doesn't take place until day 6 of a 7 night cruise, for more than the $500 cash credit limit, I won't be locked out of my account the first few days I'm on the cruise, correct? I'll still have time to add the gc to my account on day 2 or something, right, as long as I do it before the day of the excursion?

I've always understood that they charge the excursions the first night. So yes, I would expect that your account would be "locked" early on until you pay down your balance.

Purchasing OBC in advance is easy.
First, go to disneygiftcard.com and combine the gift cards onto one or two - you can have up to $1000 on one card.
Then, do NOT call the regular number for DCL. Call 800-601-8455 which is the Gift and Amenities number and buy onboard credit. (They will love you more if you have combined the gift cards. Plus you only have to hold onto those one or two.)

If you absolutely refuse to do that, I would go to guest services first thing on boarding (I have never seen it a "long, winding all over" line and put the cards on.

I've always understood that they charge the excursions the first night. So yes, I would expect that your account would be "locked" early on until you pay down your balance.

First, go to disneygiftcard.com and combine the gift cards onto one or two - you can have up to $1000 on one card.
Then, do NOT call the regular number for DCL. Call 800-601-8455 which is the Gift and Amenities number and buy onboard credit. (They will love you more if you have combined the gift cards. Plus you only have to hold onto those one or two.)

If you absolutely refuse to do that, I would go to guest services first thing on boarding (I have never seen it a "long, winding all over" line and put the cards on.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I don't mind calling. I just don't want to sit on hold for an hour on a good day is all. The last few times I called had me waiting forever. Like, I called before I had to pick the kid up from school, went on hold forever, had it on speaker, went to pick kid up, kid was wondering who I was on hold for, came home, and was STILL waiting. Ain't nobody got time fo dat! So my initial thought was to go late embarkation day night like when everyone is asleep, so I don't have to wait in that line either, but I'm sure I'm going to want to charge a drink or 2 at dinner. I'll just give 'em a call. Thanks!

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I don't mind calling. I just don't want to sit on hold for an hour on a good day is all. The last few times I called had me waiting forever. Like, I called before I had to pick the kid up from school, went on hold forever, had it on speaker, went to pick kid up, kid was wondering who I was on hold for, came home, and was STILL waiting. Ain't nobody got time fo dat! So my initial thought was to go late embarkation day night like when everyone is asleep, so I don't have to wait in that line either, but I'm sure I'm going to want to charge a drink or 2 at dinner. I'll just give 'em a call. Thanks!

Did you call the DCL number or the Gifts & Amenities number?

Did you call the DCL number or the Gifts & Amenities number?

Not yet. Last I called it was the main line. I assume the Gifts and Amenities one will have a shorter wait. I'll give 'em a buzz later.

Not yet. Last I called it was the main line. I assume the Gifts and Amenities one will have a shorter wait. I'll give 'em a buzz later.

Yeah, I've always called the gifts and amenities number to add OBC or buy a rainforest room pass or so forth.

So glad you put info down with links. Wasn’t sure where to find those again.

If you end up waiting until you’re onboard, you should be fine. We needed to add some gift cards to our rooms and went down around 2:30. We waited maybe 5 minutes in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter