Cash account at check-in for teenagers?

ultimatefans

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with some teenagers. If I choose cash account during check-in, will they be able to use their SeaPass card for purchases? Will they have to add cash to their account before making any purchases or can their bill be settled with guest services at the end of the cruise?

I would recommend handling this on board. When I completed check in, I specifically indicated that my teens were not to be connected to my spending account. I knew they would lose their Sea Pass cards and I didn't want someone finding them and charging things to my room. I did not learn until we disembarked that my kids had full charging privileges and had no issues using their cards freely in the arcade. I was told that you can't manage charging issues during check in, you can only handle that on board. So I have no idea how it would work with putting cash on a card, I recommend talking to GS on board and figuring it out then.

If you set it as a cash account you can charge up $500 before you have to make a payment. Then you can give cash or pay with a card.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter