Case of water

Lacoccinelle

Mouseketeer
I cannot remember what we did last cruise, but know we had a case of water in the room that my friend dropped off to our Disney hotel. We took transportation from a Disney hotel, we did not have a rental car. How would this have been possible? I don’t remember walking on the ship with a case of water.

Also, this time, we may stay in Port Canaveral the night before. If I drop everyone off at the port before I take the rental car back, will they take the water with our luggage?
Thanks!

I cannot remember what we did last cruise, but know we had a case of water in the room that my friend dropped off to our Disney hotel. We took transportation from a Disney hotel, we did not have a rental car. How would this have been possible? I don’t remember walking on the ship with a case of water.

Also, this time, we may stay in Port Canaveral the night before. If I drop everyone off at the port before I take the rental car back, will they take the water with our luggage?
Thanks!
No, any beverages you bring onboard must be carried on (by you). That's pretty much the policy on most cruise lines.

Now, it's possible that you had the case of water with you when you reached the port on that last trip, and you asked the porter if they would take it. The porters do not work for DCL and will not jeopardize a tip by saying "no". Many times they will take it. Often it will actually make it through the luggage process to your room. But I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
in November we had dropped off our luggage and were carrying our walk on alcohol and two cases of water when the baggage guys asked us if we wanted to check our water with our suitcases as well. We just assumed it was now allowed otherwise why would they be asking? did they change their policy, or did we just get a very helpful worker who didn't know the rules?

in November we had dropped off our luggage and were carrying our walk on alcohol and two cases of water when the baggage guys asked us if we wanted to check our water with our suitcases as well. We just assumed it was now allowed otherwise why would they be asking? did they change their policy, or did we just get a very helpful worker who didn't know the rules?
You got a very "helpful" worker who was looking for tips.

He probably knew the rules.

I will say that even if the porters do accept cases of water or soda or whatever (they want their tips after all), OR if you pack them (or wine or beer) in your check luggage yourself and those beverages end up breaking (again, @PrincessShmoo has an awesome picture of the great luggage pile-up) and damaging someone else's luggage, they will come to you to make arrangements for how you are going to pay for the damage to others' property. A couple of years ago I was on the Fantasy and heard a discussion in the hall that ship officers were having with a guest who had packed an amount of red wine in his luggage and the wine had broken and seeped into another guest's luggage and the guest who smuggled the wine was definitely being held responsible for the damage.

May I ask why do you bring water on board? Is there something wrong with the water on the ship?

No. Nothing is wrong with the water on board. Some people prefer bottled water for whatever reason. Some people feel that there is higher sodium content in the ship's water - but it seems to be more how your body metabolizes it as not everyone swells.

Sometimes people will take a bottle or two on excursions with them.

No. Nothing is wrong with the water on board. Some people prefer bottled water for whatever reason. Some people feel that there is higher sodium content in the ship's water - but it seems to be more how your body metabolizes it as not everyone swells.

Sometimes people will take a bottle or two on excursions with them.
Thank you. Does it need to be a sealed bottle or can we bring reusable water bottles for excursions?

May I ask why do you bring water on board? Is there something wrong with the water on the ship?
For my wife, she doesn't like the taste of tap water or the water on board cruise ships (which I think is reverse osmosis?) so she'd rather have bottled spring water. Doesn't bother me either way, so we bring a case on board.

Thank you. Does it need to be a sealed bottle or can we bring reusable water bottles for excursions?
I bring my Contigo bottle whenever I go onshore, if that's what you mean.

We just drink a huge amount of water and it was easier than running to get it all the time. It also was nice to just each have a bottle or two for the excursions. I also have ten gallons and two cases delivered to my Disney hotel each trip. We just drink a lot!

That is horrible about the red wine!

That is horrible about the red wine!

Yes. I am so thankful it was not my luggage. I cannot imagine getting that call "We have your luggage, but something happened to it..." I am glad to know that DCL will enforce that the person who caused the damage has to pay to cover it - which for night one I would imagine would include clothes from the onboard shops as well as cleaning the clothes. Not a cheap thing at all - especially if more than one bag of someone else's was affected.

For my wife, she doesn't like the taste of tap water or the water on board cruise ships (which I think is reverse osmosis?) so she'd rather have bottled spring water. Doesn't bother me either way, so we bring a case on board.

I bring my Contigo bottle whenever I go onshore, if that's what you mean.
Thank you! Yes, that’s what I mean.

On our second and third cruise we did not know we were not suppose to pack fluids in our luggage at port. We packed a case of water and a couple boxes of capri suns for the kids on excursions but carried on our alcoholic beverages. After that 3rd cruise and finding posts on the DIS boards we have just put everything in some kind of rolling bag or suitcase and rolled in on board. I am sure there are many people who check water and other fluids at port and do not know the "rules". I just looked through our packet for our upcoming cruise and did not see anything about it. I could of easily overlooked the area stating no checked beverages but didn't see it when I looked for it quickly.

Yes, you may bring your own refillable water bottles to be used. We've only been in one port that the water we carried off the ship in port (for the day) had to be in a sealed bottle.

On our second and third cruise we did not know we were not suppose to pack fluids in our luggage at port. We packed a case of water and a couple boxes of capri suns for the kids on excursions but carried on our alcoholic beverages. After that 3rd cruise and finding posts on the DIS boards we have just put everything in some kind of rolling bag or suitcase and rolled in on board. I am sure there are many people who check water and other fluids at port and do not know the "rules". I just looked through our packet for our upcoming cruise and did not see anything about it. I could of easily overlooked the area stating no checked beverages but didn't see it when I looked for it quickly.

While not specifically addressing ALL beverages, the DCL website does say that alcoholic beverages must be carried on.

These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...onboard/?int_cmp=INS-intDCLtoFAQAlcoholPolicy

The general consensus is that ALL beverages must be carried on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts