Cart rental

jklmw

Mouseketeer
Favorite place to get your golf cart rental.
Never had to rent one before.
Tell me everything I need to know.
Thank you

Right at The Fort From Disney. Somewhere around $62 a day.

I have used Kenny's Tee Time a few times and they have been great, depending on length around $35 a day for weekly rental's, shorter rentals cost a little more daily but not sure of the exact amount. For Kenny and other off site providers you will have to meet them off site to get the cart however, those are Disney rules. You meet Kenny in LBV on SR 535 and can use their pickup and trailer if you don't have your own. If using there stuff you bring the cart back to The Fort and drop it off and return the pickup and trailer back to them and of course the reverse when you need to get it back to them. I will take about 45 min to an hour total each time. If you have you own car there is plenty of parking to leave it where you meet them if you don't an Uber/Lyft is around $8.50 each way not including tip. When making a reservation Kenny's will take a deposit, IIRC the deposit is non-refundable. About a week or so before your rental they will charge you the rest. They will also contact you with pickup time and info etc.

So depending on how much time you have you can save quite a bit of money renting off site. We usually rent for 9 nights so it's worth it to us even if we have to Uber.

WOW!!! Jim thank you so much...this is exactly what I needed.
We will have our own car.
We have never stayed in the cabins, so we want to make the best of everything.

As an aside, we used Kenny's Tee Time a couple of years ago. We were all set in our plans to do all the back and forth with the cart and trailer due to Disney's rules. As luck had it, they had a rental the week before, so they told us where the cart would be parked, and where the key was. Score for us that we did not have to take the extra time at the beginning of the trip. Then as the week progressed, I called to finalize the plans for the return, and they had another rental the next week. So they told us where to park the cart at the resort and leave the key. Score again.

WOW!!! Jim thank you so much...this is exactly what I needed.
We will have our own car.
We have never stayed in the cabins, so we want to make the best of everything.

Glad to help. There are also a couple supermarkets near Kenny's pick-up/drop off location if you need to pick anything up. If two of you go you can send someone shopping while the other one deals with the drop off and pickup of the cart to save some time.

Kenny will also give you a charger and you can plug it in outside the cabin as there is an outlet just for that. If you do deal with Kenny's Tee Time you will talk with Kelly when calling and she is great.

Although Kennys reputation around here is pretty solid I cannot claim to be one of his fans. We rented March 2017 and it was a disaster. Unlike all of his carts that I have seen ours was old and in poor condition, it broke down while we had it and had I not repaired it I doubt it would have ever gotten fixed. Even after he promised a refund for the days it was down I still had to dispute the charge and fight him for it. All in all it was an ugly experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I got an email from them today and they are already booked for 6 seaters. On to my next vendor.

can you reserve the golf cart at Disney for the entire stay or do they make you do it daily? is is first come first serve? thank you

can you reserve the golf cart at Disney for the entire stay or do they make you do it daily? is is first come first serve? thank you

You make a reservation for the duration you want. It can be all or part of your trip. As I understand it, you cannot reserve a larger cart, you are only assured a 4-seater. Getting the 6-seater, as I understand, is first-come first-served.

You make a reservation for the duration you want. It can be all or part of your trip. As I understand it, you cannot reserve a larger cart, you are only assured a 4-seater. Getting the 6-seater, as I understand, is first-come first-served.

Yes, Disney will take your reservation for "a" cart, period. It is $59/day plus tax and is a 4-seater. If you need more than four seats, rent/reserve two. When you go to pick your cart up, you can ask if a six seater is available as mickeyfans0805 says. If one is, they will let you take that instead for $79/day plus tax and fix your bill to reflect the six-seater. Or you can start with two four-seaters and ask if you can be put on a waiting list for a six-seater if one becomes available during your stay.

Opinions on golf carts are like noses - everybody has one. Even when I was in the cabins I didn't feel the NEED for one (I've gotten one three times - once Disney and twice from Kenny).

Are they fun? Yes
Do they cost a lot? Yes
Are they necessary? No

They are an expensive convenience. But if you want a six seater, good luck with your search.

Bama Ed

If you decide you don't need the golf cart for the remainder of your trip, can you turn your golf cart back into Disney and be credited for the remaining days?

Are they fun? Yes
Do they cost a lot? Yes
Are they necessary? No

They are an expensive convenience.

Bama Ed

Totally agree. Additionally, for some I think season will matter as well. High heat when you don't want to be waiting around for internal buses is much different than milder months when it is comfy to hang out outdoors. Similarly, if it's Halloween or Christmas, and there is decor all around, I'm more likely to want one than at a general time. It's a convenience we paid for last Halloween, and will again this July. If we were there in November, January, February, etc... I'm not so sure!

If you decide you don't need the golf cart for the remainder of your trip, can you turn your golf cart back into Disney and be credited for the remaining days?
Yes you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!