Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time. TRIP REPORT

This is such a fun trip report! I loved reading about your road trip, and your days at Disney! It sounds like you were able to see and do a lot :)

It was especially fun reading about your Seattle area adventures. I was born and raised there (mostly in Shoreline, where my parents still live!) and now live about an hour south of the city near Puyallup with my husband and kids.

I love that you visited Mukilteo too! My extended family has owned a cabin on Whidbey Island since the 60s and Whidbey Island is also where the church camp is located that I grew up attending (and met my husband at!) So I’ve been at that ferry terminal hundreds of times to take the boat over to Clinton! It’s so fun to see it in a trip report on here! Also, I’m glad you got to drive through Leavenworth - it’s the cutest place!

Thank you momtohms. I am glad you enjoyed the trip report. Actually, the Seatle and area part of our trip was one of my families favorite part of the trip. and My husband and I especially loved the walk and lunch in Mukilteo.

USA camping trip 2019
Hello. I am adding another non-disney trip ( but with some Disney touches) to this thread. This is our camping trip from Manitoba Canada to the US (Minnesota and Wisconsin) in August 2019. I really enjoy posting my trips, and thought some of you might enjoy reading.

This trip will be me, DH, DD15, DD15, 2 dogs and our rabbit.

The preparation for the trip started a week earlier, as we had to take our pet Rabbit "Nibbles" to the vet for a health-certificate in order to take him across the border into Minnesota.

Here is Nibbles at his checkup at the vet.

nibbles first checkup August 2019.jpg

Last edited:
USA Camping trip 2019 Day 1 August 3

We left home (near Winnipeg, Manitoba) at 6:30 am on August 3rd. We stopped at our local Tim Hortons for coffee/breakfast. Once we got to Grand Forks, ND we stopped for gas and coffee/iced tea and some snacks. When we got to Alexandria Minnesota we stopped to get some groceries at Walmart and picked up Arby's roast beef and Turkey sandwhiches for lunch.

We arrived at the KOA campground, which is slightly north of Minneapolis, around 5 pm. We went swimming in the pool, and then BBQ'd seasoned chicken, green beans, corn and potatoes.

Last edited:
USA camping trip 2019 Day 2 August 4
We made scrambled eggs and hashbrowns w/ham fro breakfast with english muffins. We purchased our tickets to Valley fair online, and then headed out to Valley Fair. Valley Fair is a Cedar Fair park just like Knotts Berry farm. It is very similar to Knotts, except Valley Fair has its waterpark directly inside the park. However, our plan for today was to ride Roller-Coasters/thrill rides. We we not planning on visiting the waterpark ( as we have plans for a different water park later this week).

We arrived at Valley fair at 10 am. We road the High Roller, Renegade, Wild Thing. Then stopped to purchase a few water bottles. Then we road Corkscrew, Steel Venom, Northstar, Excalibur, Thunder Canyon. ( Thunder Canyon is like Grizzly River Rapids )

We stopped at Snoopy's to get some food. We had chicken fingers, fries and a sandwhich. It cost $72 us and was horrible. We threw out most of it. It was very hot. On the way out we went on The Wave, and then onto the Splash Bridge. We got soaked. We got back to the campground around 2:30 and went swimming in the pool.

https://www.valleyfair.com/

Note: DH DD15 and DD15 love the rollercoasters and thrill rides. Their favorite/most scary was Wild Thing. Me, I am a chicken. Everyone was very surprised that I rode everything. (rode with eyes closed lol). To me the scariest was Steel Venom, followed by Northstar.

valley fair 1.jpg

valley fair 2.jpg

We then went shopping and stopped at Cabelas and Target. We made hamburger sliders for dinner.

Last edited:

USA Camping trip 2019 Day 3 August 5
We ate fruit cups and Banana bread and packed up the camper. We left the campground at 9:30 am and headed to Wisconsin. We got some subs at Cousins Sub in Eau Claire Wisconsin, and we arrived at the Arrowhead Campground at Wisconsin Dells around 2:30 pm. We went swimming in the campground pools. (they have 2 pools). (I forgot to record what we ate for dinner)

We still had not decided which waterpark we were going to go to. We had lots of different suggestions from people. But the campground had a Noahs Ark special deal for campground guests, and they highly recommended Noahs Ark. So we purchased discounted tickets from the campground. ( we are glad we listed and went to Noahs Ark. It is the biggest outdoor waterpark. The other are alot smaller )

USA Camping trip 2019 Day 4 August 6
Ate scrambled eggs and hashbrowns with ham. Then we headed to Noahs Ark waterpark in the Dells.
We arrived before 10 am. There were a few different entrances. We didnt go to to the first/mail entrance. instead we drove around to the back of the park and parked in the empty lot. Then we had to wait (similar to rope drop ) to enter the park.

After changing and putting dry clothing in a locker, we found 1 deck chair by the Big Kahuna Wave pool and put all our flip-flops, towels, suntan lotion on the 1 chair.

The first few rides were walk on.
We went on Monkey Rapids and a bit of Adventure River. Then we did Black Thunder double tube slides, then Black Thunder single tube slide.

The next few rides had a bit of a wait.
Flying Gecko, Black Anaconda, Raja

Then we went on Flash flood and did the bridge ( which was similar to the splash bridge at Valley fair).

We went to get some food at a couple kiosks. Johnny rockets and Beavertails. We got 2 hamburgers and 2 chicken fingers w/ fries, a funnel cake with strawberries and icecream and a Beavertail with Nutella and Peanut butter. The food was really good. We went and sat on our deck chair and ate.

Then we spent some time in the Big Kahuna Wave pool on tubes.

Then we had a long wait for The Time Warp.

We were almost ready to go, but DH and DD15 and DD15 wanted to go on their extream slides.

We went to the Scorpions Tail. This is a 10 stories high slide, the kind where you are in an inclosed tube where the floor drops. and you speed down and do a loop. Many people ahead of us decided to chicken out and not ride. My kids and DH wanted to ride.... they didnt think i would ride ... but i did it !

Then we went to The Point of No Return., which is a slide with a nearly-vertical plunge. You have to lay down with your legs crossed and armed crossed across your chest and then push yourself off! My knees were shaking. I was not sure if i could do it. There were lots of people chickening out ahead of us.

My DH and DD15 and DD15 really wanted to do it. And i told my DH that if I am going, i have to go with him coaching me on, or i would chicken out. So DD 15 and DD15 went. Then it was my turn. I layed down and closed my eyes.... but i could not push myself. I needed to open my eyes to push myself forward, but i just couldnt. i was literally frozen. So then my DH and the cast member pushed me forward. Then my DH went.

Myself and my family can not believe that i actually did that slide!! I guess i am brave when on holidays lol

We then spent some time shopping. DD15 and DD15 each got a Noahs Ark Lifeguard brand sweatshirt. I found a great deal on Noahs Ark Tshirts and bought 2 t-shirts. Then DD15 and DD15 went for a quick swim in the smaller pool called The Wave.

On way home we stopped at Walmart and at the Indian Trading Post Museum/gift shop.

Then at Hotdogs and veggies at campground, then swam in pools

https://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/

usa2019-day 4 Noahs ark.jpg

Last edited:
USA Camping trip 2019 Day 5 August 7
We left at 9:30 am to drive (just for the day) to Milwakee. We went to the Harley Davidson Museum. We spent alot of time at the museum, and took alot of pictures. I am including a few here.

usa2019-day 5 HDM entrance.jpg

We saw "Serial Number one "

usa2019-day 5 HDM serial no 1 pic2.jpg
usa2019-day 5 HDM serial no 1 pic1.jpg

The "King Kong"
usa2019-day 5 HDM the  King Kong.jpg

The "RhineStone "
usa2019-day 5 HDM the Rhinestone.jpg

There were alot of Disney/Marvel connections

The "Captain America"
usa2019-day 5 HDM the captain america.jpg

The museum also had motorcyle themed posters and comics

usa2019-day 5 HDM captain america.jpg

usa2019-day 5 HDM captain america comics.jpg

usa2019-day 5 HDM Disney Comic.jpg

USA Camping trip 2019 Day 5 August 7 Continued

After the HD Museum we walked around the Milwakee Waterfront, and dipped our toes in Lake Michigan.
This is the first time any of us have seen Lake Michigan.

usa2019-day 5 milwaikie waterfront pic1.jpg

usa2019-day 5 milwaikie waterfront pic2.jpg

We were hungry and didn't know where to eat lunch. A nice fellow who was on a walk during his lunch break suggested Buckley's restaurant for us, and even walked us there to make sure we found it. It was a nice restaurant that was in a house converted into a restaurant. We had a burger, 2 Haibut (with shrimp, grilled cucumber and ginger speatzel), and homemade pasta in white sause ( with grilled shrimp). $75 us. Was very good.
We wanted to try somewhere else for a dessert/snack and asked the waitress where to go. She suggested Insomnia Cookies. So we drove to Insomnia cookies and ordered a $20 variety pack., and then walked around. We saw a Sip & Purr cat cafe, which was cute. Then we stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee/iced coffee to go with our cookies. Then went back to our campsite at the Dells.

We ate brisket, green beans and raw veggies for dinner. We then went to walmart and drove around Wisconsil Dells. Then sat around a campfire at the campgroud.

USA Camping trip 2019 Day 6 August 8

We got up, packed up camper and headed towards Duluth Minnesota. As we were driving through Eau Claire Wisconsin we noticed a restaurant called Fazolis. We looked it up online and found out it was fast-food pasta. DH and the kids went to get some pasta while i waited with the dogs.
They came back with the Family meal, which contained Spaghelli, Fetticinni, Alfredo sauce, Tomato sauce w/ meat, Salad, and breadsticks. All for $20 usd. We got out our lawn chairs and sat in the mall parking lot across the street and ate our pasta. The food was amazing! and was a GREAT value. $20 fed us all and we even had leftovers!

We then drove to Duluth, and arrived at the Indian Point Campground around 5ish. We went for a walk around campground, then decided to drive into Duluth. We decided to bring our dogs with us for our walk around Duluth.

We parked at Waterfront Canel park. We walked around the waterfront at Canel park. We touched Lake Superior. This is our first time at Lake Superior.

usa2019-day6 duluth waterfront pic1.jpg

usa2019-day6 duluth waterfront pic2.jpg

usa2019-day6 duluth waterfront pic3.jpg

We were hungry and asked the lady working at the parking lot if there are any places to eat where we can bring or dogs. She said that we have come to the right place, as most restaurants will allow dogs on their patios.

We checked out a few menus at different places but decided on eating at Little Angies Cantina. There was a wait, so DH stayed with the dogs while me and DD15 and DD15 checked out a few stores. After a very short wait, DH called to say our table was ready. Our little dog was able to sit on one of our laps, and our big dog was able to sit under the table.
usa2019-day6 duluth little angies sign.jpg

We started with the $1.69 all u can eat chips and homemade salsa. Then we ordered a Steak Fajita, Chicken Fajita, Supreme Nachos, a Cobb salad, and finally an order of deep fried empanada to take home. Food was AMAZING! Huge orders, very fresh, very tasty. $94.

usa2019-day6 duluth little angies cobb salad.jpg

We then walked around town, we stopped to get Caribou coffee/ cold brew coffee/ bubble tea. And stopped at Rocky Mountain to get some sweet treats to take back to campsite.

We drove around Duluth, stopped at Cub grocery for water. Then went and sat around campfire.

Last edited:
USA Camping trip 2019 Day 7 August 9
Eat waffles and fruit for breakfast. Packup camper and leave after 8 am.

Drive home to Manitoba. We had some muffins on the drive home, and also stopped in Crookston for some McDonalds burgers.

We arrived home around supper time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts