Carry on and personal item question

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mdsleiman, Mar 14, 2019 at 8:11 AM.

1. Mdsleiman

Mdsleiman disneyfan

We are flying Southwest and then Frontier on our return flight. We did add the perks on the Frontier tickets and was wondering if we are allowed a carry on plus a personal item? The website included the carry on but I didn't see anything about the personal item. Southwest does allow a personal item and carry on correct?

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

https://faq.flyfrontier.com/help/do-i-have-to-pay-to-bring-a-carry-on-bag

"Our fares include one free personal item (a personal item must be able to be stowed under the seat in front of you). Carry-on baggage is not included in your fare. You can purchase carry-on baggage at the time of booking and after booking. Please visit our How to Buy Bags page for more information.

Remember if you purchased one of our bundles, the WORKS℠ or the PERKS ℠, a carry-on is included!"

So yes, you may take both.

Mdsleiman likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

Yes, everyone is allowed a personal item that fits under the seat for free with all ticket types on Frontier. If you pay for a Carry On bag that means you get an additional Carry On item beyond your free personal bag.

I don't fly Southwest so I'm not sure, but I believe you get checked and carry on with them. The no baggage fees seem to be why people rave about them.

Mdsleiman likes this.
  5. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

For SW, you do get the personal item, carryon item and 2 checked bags.

Wild4Walt and bumbershoot like this.
  6. EACarlson

EACarlson Mouseketeer

Be warned on SW, if you end up with a C boarding position, it can be difficult to find a space in the overhead for your carryon and you may be required to gate check it.

7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Same if you’re boarding later on any airline.

Moliphino and maxiesmom like this.
  8. Moliphino

Moliphino DIS Veteran

And probably more likely on airlines that charge for checked bags.

9. shocker

shocker DIS Veteran

Just watch when using 2 different airlines for the size & weight requirements for both carry ons & checked bags (found on their websites), they often don't match, you'll have to follow the most restrictive of the 2 or risk additional & exorbitant fees.