Carribbean Beach Resort when will it go on sale and open up?

the_grinch

Mouseketeer
i am looking into buying dvc not sure if i should wait for Carribbean Beach Resort to go on sale or not

It's not confirmed yet and probably won't for a long time. DVC doesn't want to hurt current resorts sales with an announcement for a resort which could be 2-3 years away.
Also at this time it's only a rumor, even if I'd say it has very good foundations.

DVD has a pattern of waiting until existing new resorts have x amount of sales completed. In addition, timeshare laws keeps them from pre-selling until certain construction milestones have been met.

:earsboy: Bill

I expect it will be four or five years before we see CBR on the market. Maybe longer since I think there will be another DVC offering in between.

What do you think will / might come up in between?
I'm curious how CBR will turn out and despite generally leaning toward Deluxes, I may make a small buy here direct.

I expect it will be four or five years before we see CBR on the market. Maybe longer since I think there will be another DVC offering in between.
I doubt it would be that many years before the Caribbean Beach project is operational.

Based on what is in the paper trail for the CBR project, its possible the new resort will go live as early as September 2019 (see, for example, OCC Document # 20170009168)

Also, keep in mind that the first paperwork for the Copper Creek Villas & Cabins appeared in March 2015 and the new resort is opening on July 17, 2017, only 28 months later. The first paperwork for CBR appeared in January 2017, so an opening date in September 2019 -- about 32 months later --is quite possible.

Last edited:

I think it will be sometime in 2019. They'll have the direct link Gondola installed, and will have Star Wars land announced, and that will be a big sales pitch. So yes, latter half of 2019 at the earliest.

i am looking into buying dvc not sure if i should wait for Carribbean Beach Resort to go on sale or not
Just spend several months getting educated including the limitations, resale and home resort options. Clearly you're not there yet but you'll get there, it usually takes about 6 months of active investigation. Basically what you're asking is wether to wait and pay around $185 per point for an unknown option that isn't automatically a good choice vs the current options of Copper Creek or Poly retail or the resale options down to SSR at $80 per point. Even if you're a big Moderate/CBR fan, I doubt buying there at retail prices for a full contract will be a reasonable choice though my sense is it'll be comparable to SSR overall in many ways with less demand than most at WDW. IF DVC makes sense for you now, you're likely better off buying now once you have enough info to make reasonable choices. But if CBR intrigues you, you might consider underbuying now with the possibility of adding on there. How reasonable that is partly depends on your volume needs. Buying 100 points now and ? 75 there later likely isn't a good plan but buying 150 now and 50 at CBR when you estimate your need at 170 might be. Just realize any such variation is going to add cost to the total beyond buying all your points needs now, you just have to decide how much benefit you're getting for that extra cost. Let's quantify cost for a single examples. Say you estimate your needs to be 200 points for the next number of years. Using round numbers SSR or AKV 200 resale + 25 retail (roughly 10% cushion) will cost roughly $20K, BLT around $26K and if available today, CBR around $40K (225 pts). Since I'd generally recommend new buyers consider a retail add on for perk options, one could just wait a couple of years before doing so to see how this possibility turns out.

It'll probably be $200+ per point by then even if we are in a recession. The thought of it intrigues me because I only own at an MK resort, but I will experience sticker shock as I did with Copper Creek's MF's. :faint:

Last edited:

What do you think will / might come up in between?
I'm curious how CBR will turn out and despite generally leaning toward Deluxes, I may make a small buy here direct.

It won't be 4 years and there wont be anything in between. Construction has already started. Or at least teardown has. 2 to 2.5 years, guaranteed.

It won't be 4 years and there wont be anything in between. Construction has already started. Or at least teardown has. 2 to 2.5 years, guaranteed.
I agree, but I was still curious about what others thought was coming sooner. Even if it's just an opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter