carriage ride

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
Does anyone have any info on Disney Horsedrawn Carriage ride?

Disney has begun offering 30-minute Carriage Rides at Fort Wilderness resort for $30. Carriage rides may be reserved up to 60 days ahead of time, similar to seats at Disney World restaurants.

We just got back, stayed in the 300 loop, and had quite a few carriage rides come through our loop (as well as the hayriders every night). Since I am a total horse nut (that and Disney, of course!), I can tell you that it was a beautiful white carriage, pulled by a huge black Percheron. Some had a romantic couple, others a family in them. Nice leisurely way to see some of the campground, I would think. Not cheap, but memorable...
Terri the Yoopermom

Fort Wilderness Resort
Horse Drawn Carriage Rides

Tours Nightly
From 6:00 to 10:00 PM
Take a romantic ride in a cozy carriage or
a scenic family ride at Disney's wonderful
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Carriages depart from Crockett's Tavern
at Pioneer Hall. Call 407-824-2832 up to
60 days in advance for a reservation.

Cost is $30.00 for a 30 minute ride
Cash or Resort Room Charge Cards Accepted Only

We have one planned for our trip in late September. I plan on posting a review after we get back. Mickey

Just wanted everyone to know that I just called and booked one of the private carriage rides for me and DH - on December 17th! If you do the math, you will find that is just under 120 away. Most of the information I found said that these rides could be booked 60 days out, but I decided to call and check - just in case. Anway, the lady I spoke with said that we could go ahead and book now and happily took my reservation for Dec. 17th! I'm glad we called, because this is something special we are doing for DH's birthday and I would hate to have missed out on it. I just wanted to share, in case any of you are planning on doing the carriage ride on an upcoming trip. You might want to go ahead and call to reserve it now, especially if you want a certain date.

All the other information seemed correct. The ride is 30 minutes long and the cost is $30. We had to give a credit card to hold the ressie, but the card won't be charged unless we don't show up. We have to pay the driver that night with cash or a room charge card. Our ride is scheduled for 9:00p.m. We have to meet our driver in front of Crockett's Tavern at 8:50p.m. It sounds like fun!

I've been trying to find out some information about this ride but haven't had much luck. Maybe you can help me?? I was just wondering if this carriage ride would be enjoyable for a 22 month old or even if there is an age limit? Has anyone taken their children on this Thank you :)

We did see children doing this, although none as young as yours. A few things I would think about are: it's quite late at night, what kind of a mood is your child in at that hour? If s/he is usually slowing down, the ride might be very soothing, since it's only at a walking pace, and it will be dark/shadowy out. If your child tends to melt down or usually be asleep at that time, being confined inside a carriage for a slow walk through a quiet campground might be a nightmare for the child and the adults. Also, I would check into how dark it will be at the time the ride is offered at the time of year you are going. Pitch black is romantic, but not always with a toddler in tow!
Terri the Yoopermom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter