CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Plays right into the stereotype unfortunately. At least choose something like “Masquerade.”

I’m not sophisticated or conservative by any means but there were so many better name choices out there. I’ll still want to sail on her but just don’t think it fits the look of the ship at all!

I guess I just think most of the names are goofy. Like Radiance? Or Reflection? Or Sunshine? Or even Dream or Fantasy? I am just boring and like names that are more concrete. I like how Cunard has Queen Elizabeth (not that I like monarchy Lol) and HAL uses names like Statendam which I guess is a dike in Holland. I particularly find the Royal names silly like Seranade if the Seas. Too poetic for me.

Going to try really hard to talk both DS into Mardi Gras as a combined graduation trip (DS1 Master's program & DS2 HS) for summer 2021! Itineraries are supposed to be released in January but probably only for the current schedule through April 2021.

Going to try really hard to talk both DS into Mardi Gras as a combined graduation trip (DS1 Master's program & DS2 HS) for summer 2021! Itineraries are supposed to be released in January but probably only for the current schedule through April 2021.

That would work really well if I can get something for March 2021... I'm excited to try the new ship!

Hi group,

My husband and I (childfree but loud and proud petparents) lost one of our "fur babies" this week and we are grieving big time...

This thread/the idea of cruising again is the only thing that brings me a little joy and a little interest in the future/in our "new life".

Hi group,

My husband and I (childfree but loud and proud petparents) lost one of our "fur babies" this week and we are grieving big time...

This thread/the idea of cruising again is the only thing that brings me a little joy and a little interest in the future/in our "new life".

I am so sorry. Over the last 12 months we lost 2 dogs and 1 cat. It was a big adjustment too.

I am so sorry. Over the last 12 months we lost 2 dogs and 1 cat. It was a big adjustment too.

OMG. I can't even imagine...

We have two other cats and I keep telling my husband that they are going to spend the rest of their life wrapped in bubble wrap.

Hi group,

I'm so sorry! Pets are indeed members of the family, and losing them is tough. Our "fur baby" is not in great health, and we don't know how much longer we'll have with him. It gets harder and harder to leave him when we go on vacation. Fortunately we have a fantastic kennel that spoils him rotten. He's heading there in a couple of hours (we are off to WDW!!!) and he's currently lounging in his favorite easy chair giving me the stink eye because he spotted the suitcases.

Hang in there! I know it's hard.

I'm so sorry! Pets are indeed members of the family, and losing them is tough. Our "fur baby" is not in great health, and we don't know how much longer we'll have with him. It gets harder and harder to leave him when we go on vacation. Fortunately we have a fantastic kennel that spoils him rotten. He's heading there in a couple of hours (we are off to WDW!!!) and he's currently lounging in his favorite easy chair giving me the stink eye because he spotted the suitcases.

Hang in there! I know it's hard.

Awwwww... Is he the one in your avatar?

Have fun in WDW!!!

p.s.: Thank you for your kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter