CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently trying to restructure the review section on the first post and plan to add some more informations about the decks and cabins that have been problematic. Some people spoke about problems with the AC on certains floors on the Magic but if anyone has other recommandations on what sections to avoid, please tag me. I will add it to the first post.

Change, change, change!

Just when I thought that our Family trip to Aulani in 2020 (Me-DH-FIL & MIL) was pretty much a done deal...

My DH and MIL confessed to me that with the same budget, they would rather go on two to three cruises... One of them being a Bermuda cruise departing from NYC. They say that they are "hooked to cruising and can't see themselves doing anything else than cruising from now on".

The thing is: Hawaii has been my FIL's dream pretty much forever and the reason we planned this trip in the first place. DH and MIL now want to convince my FIL to do the cruises instead of Hawaii. I was down with it but when half of your party is not really into it anymore... I mean, what can you do... :confused3 Now, I'm waiting for them to break the news to him... (And I feel super bad)

...and currently watching for Bermuda openings in 2020. :surfweb:
I would not worry, all sound like great options. I would do whichever one is the "easiest," for me less stress usually means better vacation.

Just three weeks and then I'll be on my way to the airport...

I can't wait. My suitcase is ready. This cruise is pretty much all I am thinking about these days... :rotfl2:

I hear ya! This time next week we should be checking into our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for our Conquest cruise!

It’s been a rough year for me and this vacation is definitely much needed. DH is out of town this weekend so my plan is to deep clean and pack!

I hear ya! This time next week we should be checking into our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for our Conquest cruise!

It’s been a rough year for me and this vacation is definitely much needed. DH is out of town this weekend so my plan is to deep clean and pack!

I love Fort Lauderdale... In which hotel are you staying? ( I'm making a list of potential hotels in case I go back).

I booked the Home2 Suites. I prefer Hilton hotels and we love these!

Wow, it looks nice. It reminds me of the Crowne Plaza where we stayed once. I loved than hotel!

I've also stayed at the Marriott Beach Towers near the beach in FLL. I'm a big fan of FLL to begin with.

We'll be staying at the Epic Miami in a few days. Never stayed in that area before. We'll see how it goes.

Are you doing the 6 or 8 night? Looking forward to a review. We may be going on it early next year. If I ever make up my mind :)

Are you doing the 6 or 8 night? Looking forward to a review. We may be going on it early next year. If I ever make up my mind :)

We're doing the 8 night. FLL-St. Maarten-St. Kitts-San Juan-Grand Turk. First time doing longer than a 7 day, but the dates worked perfectly. We get back on Sunday and have that Monday off from work for Columbus Day. I'm happy to have a day to try to get back to normal before back to total reality!

Will definitely try to review. We loved the Glory and the Conquest is the same class so I have high hopes!

We're doing the 8 night. FLL-St. Maarten-St. Kitts-San Juan-Grand Turk. First time doing longer than a 7 day, but the dates worked perfectly. We get back on Sunday and have that Monday off from work for Columbus Day. I'm happy to have a day to try to get back to normal before back to total reality!

Will definitely try to review. We loved the Glory and the Conquest is the same class so I have high hopes!

Let us know how Grand Turk is. I heard they had a severe case of sargassum sea weed last week.

And yes, it's always good to have a day off back home. It's less brutal!

Wow, it looks nice. It reminds me of the Crowne Plaza where we stayed once. I loved than hotel!

I've also stayed at the Marriott Beach Towers near the beach in FLL. I'm a big fan of FLL to begin with.

We'll be staying at the Epic Miami in a few days. Never stayed in that area before. We'll see how it goes.

People in various FB groups were swearing by the Embassy Suites for a hotel in FLL, but it was like $60 more. The pool area looks great, but I couldn't justify the extra money for just a 1 night pre-cruise stay!

People in various FB groups were swearing by the Embassy Suites for a hotel in FLL, but it was like $60 more. The pool area looks great, but I couldn't justify the extra money for just a 1 night pre-cruise stay!

I agree.

When it's just DH and I travelling, we try to go for a nice but affordable pre-cruise hotel. When we do our annual family trip, since we are travelling with my husband's parents, we splurge a little bit more (and we split the cost).

I agree.

When it's just DH and I travelling, we try to go for a nice but affordable pre-cruise hotel. When we do our annual family trip, since we are travelling with my husband's parents, we splurge a little bit more (and we split the cost).

We're going out of FLL in a few weeks and it makes me crazy to spend so much on a hotel for what amounts to less than 12 hours in the room!

We're going out of FLL in a few weeks and it makes me crazy to spend so much on a hotel for what amounts to less than 12 hours in the room!

I'm quite ecstatic... I got our next pre-cruise hotel (on Biscayne) in Miami for 165$ a night thanks to Hot wire.

I'm a bit relieved to know that our next cruises are departing from PC. The hotel rates are much lower in Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!