Carnation Cafe

BirdsSingWords

...and the Flowers Croon
In all the years I've been going to DL, we've never eaten at Carnation Cafe. For our recent trip (January 3-6), I made reservations, and all I can say is: I can't believe what we've been missing!

Everything about the meal was absolutely superb. We checked in and were seated less than five minutes later. They had taken note from our reservation, without being reminded, that we needed room for one wheelchair at the table, and had already removed the extra chair from our table for six.

The food? To DIE for. Several of us had the baked potato soup to start, which the waiter said was Chef Oscar's original recipe from decades ago. I had an amazing romaine salad with shrimp, my brother-in-law had an alfredo pasta that was drool-worthy, and all you could hear from our group was exclamations of "Yum!" and "Wow!"

Best meal of the trip, hands-down.

My nine-year-old niece particularly loved the fried pickles.
carnationcafe.jpg

In all the years I've been going to DL, we've never eaten at Carnation Cafe. For our recent trip (January 3-6), I made reservations, and all I can say is: I can't believe what we've been missing!

Everything about the meal was absolutely superb. We checked in and were seated less than five minutes later. They had taken note from our reservation, without being reminded, that we needed room for one wheelchair at the table, and had already removed the extra chair from our table for six.

The food? To DIE for. Several of us had the baked potato soup to start, which the waiter said was Chef Oscar's original recipe from decades ago. I had an amazing romaine salad with shrimp, my brother-in-law had an alfredo pasta that was drool-worthy, and all you could hear from our group was exclamations of "Yum!" and "Wow!"

Best meal of the trip, hands-down.

My nine-year-old niece particularly loved the fried pickles.

Oh my gosh best fried pickles ever!!! We love Carnation Cafe and eat there every trip, sometimes more than once. Glad you liked it too!

CC is one of our must-do's. Not only is the food good but the ambiance of sitting outside and watching the activity on MS is sublime.

Completely agree! It was the best meal we had in the parks. I wish we had celebrated my daughter's birthday here instead of Cafe Orleans. (CO wasn't bad. This was just better, in my opinion.)

I've never been, and am planning to go during our next trip in April. The main reason I've never been is that I usually don't like being tied down to sit down reservations too much during a trip, but the rave reviews have me rethinking it! Do folks like breakfast or lunch better? I am leaning toward the latest breakfast seating... those Mickey waffles look amazing!

I've never been, and am planning to go during our next trip in April. The main reason I've never been is that I usually don't like being tied down to sit down reservations too much during a trip, but the rave reviews have me rethinking it! Do folks like breakfast or lunch better? I am leaning toward the latest breakfast seating... those Mickey waffles look amazing!

Both! We usually do breakfast, but lunch/dinner is also very good. We try to go on the morning we do MM, because then we've already got lots of park time in and are ready for a break. We also tend to do a late lunch/snack, because we get pretty full.

If we do MM, we will do a late breakfast, otherwise, we love having lunch at CC. We always order the fried pickles and a plate of french fries to share while we wait for our food. Everything is good here. The kids have said it is a must for us to eat here at least once per trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!