Caring for Giants/Behind the Seeds Tours

I did the Giants one two summers ago with my son (he was 7) and we really enjoyed it. We booked the Rhino tour for this summer because we enjoyed it so much and wanted a different experience. We booked that at 180 days out though, and I think it sells out fast as it is only once a day instead of multiple times like the Elephants.

We haven't done the behind the seeds, it's not something kiddo would be interested in. Maybe when he's older.

This is what I have been wondering, if the elephants would be far away. I know at our zoo we got pretty close as a trainer had the elephant do some tricks.

The viewing area they bus you to is opposite where the ride vehicles go. At one point, the ride vehicles were much closer than we were. I;m not good at judging distance, so? I was disappointed because I thought we would be more up close and personal with the elephants, as I mentioned. Maybe my expectations were misguided? It was still a nice tour for the money, but I wouldn't do it again.

DS12 and I did Behind the Seeds in December. He was doing a science fair project on hydroponics, and the tour guide was great with giving him lots of information and showing him good pictures to take to help with his project. However, if he wouldn't have had a reason to be on the tour, he would probably have been only mildly interested. I am not overly into gardening, but did enjoy the tour considering the price paid.

I loved the Caring for Giants tour I did. They do warn you that there might not be elephants around!
The best part of that tour for me was I was alone! I was solo and there was supposed to be another family who never showed up so it was like having a VIP tour. I loved being able to ask a ton of questions and talk to the guides one on one.
I would definitely do this tour again.

I'm a gardener - I did the Behind the Seeds tour once. I actually got bored half way through. It didn't help that there was a family with really little kids and the tour guide had to keep telling the parents to keep the kids close so they wouldn't touch the sand. I felt like the tour was all about them and not the gardening stuff I was interested in. I'm not sure if I would do this tour again.

Up Close with Rhinos I haven't done yet - I'm booked for it for August. It's taken me 3 tries to be able to get into that tour - it was always booked up. I can't wait to do it.

I love the tours in Animal Kingdom. I want to do Wild Africa Trek again and I've already done that one 3 times!

I loved the Caring for Giants tour I did. They do warn you that there might not be elephants around!
The best part of that tour for me was I was alone! I was solo and there was supposed to be another family who never showed up so it was like having a VIP tour. I loved being able to ask a ton of questions and talk to the guides one on one.
I would definitely do this tour again.

I'm a gardener - I did the Behind the Seeds tour once. I actually got bored half way through. It didn't help that there was a family with really little kids and the tour guide had to keep telling the parents to keep the kids close so they wouldn't touch the sand. I felt like the tour was all about them and not the gardening stuff I was interested in. I'm not sure if I would do this tour again.

Up Close with Rhinos I haven't done yet - I'm booked for it for August. It's taken me 3 tries to be able to get into that tour - it was always booked up. I can't wait to do it.

I love the tours in Animal Kingdom. I want to do Wild Africa Trek again and I've already done that one 3 times!

We were never warned that "elephants might not be around" at all. If we had known that, we would not have booked the tour.
They made it sound like you would see first hand the day to day caring of the elephants, which we thought meant up close to see how the trainers handled the elephants when grooming, feeding, medications, etc, just daily stuff. Guess we were wrong, but they should let everyone know that the elephants might not be close at all, like they were with us. Our photos turned out bad due to the distance. They looked like dark blobs. We can live with that, but did not expect the type of tour it was, that's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter