Which resort would yall choose

• POP

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • CBR

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

mickey 105

Earning My Ears
We booked our stay at CBR in April 2018 and I did not pay attention to the construction warning due to knowing they were at least doing the sky car system and thinking that was the construction. I have looked now at several post and such about the construction that is currently under way, and I am fine with it if I decide to go.

What I am mainly wondering about is the family activates currently going on around the resort, and if anyone knows of special activities Disney might be or are doing around the resort aside from your standard ones at the pool during the day. We have planned on playing around the resort and area for a couple days when we go, and the big decision for going to the CBR, was the pool (has slides for the kids) and stuff like roasting marshmallows by the lake in the evening.

Also with the construction and limited activities, would there be any real benefit to going to POP other then a single bus stop (planning to just drive everywhere), food court, and possibility of not so much construction noise

I would go with pop or any other moderate. You cannot overstate the construction at CBR--I drove by 3 months ago, and it looked horrible. No way would I stay there until the construction is done.

If you plan on a few days at the resort hanging out are you ok with the food tent set up at CBR?

yes I am ok with the food tent and son loves food truck (even if its not a true style food truck). I have to actually look into it more now to see if a dinning plan would be worth it or not with the buffet being a counter credit, could open options like the castle and such. as for construction, I'm not to concerned about that, only because for the past five years it has been non stop construction in the area (shot out to wdw crane) between downtown, parks, and resort refurbs at POP.

side note, not sure I would want to stay at CBR in a few years, will have to see how bad a multi story dvc resort looks compared to the small cbr buildings and how much the two will share amenity's.

We stayed there in September and the construction was not an issue. Didn’t look pretty coming/going out of the resort but that is all. Pool is open, food is available, no noise, etc. the resort was quiet and relaxing and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

We too have stayed there during the construction and it was completely a non-issue. The areas of construction are outside of the guest areas. When you are in and around your building, you'd never know about construction. We had very good bus service, our room was near the concierge room. Great area.

The Food Tent was fine for us but we are not sorts to eat at the resort. We tried it once to say we did and the food was good, food you find at every buffet on property. Just no variety so you'd not want to eat there a lot but a few times, it was fine.

For activities they had a band out around the beach at night, characters at the pool in the afternoon and still offered the pirate cruise ($). Sitting on the beach you can watch fireworks from HS and Epcot, a very nice bonus. Grabbed drinks at the bar truck to watch. Still have hammocks set out too. Not sure what they were doing for movies or marshmallows. We really never do those at any resort.

No way would I opt to go to Pop instead of CBR, even with construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter