Caribbean in August

debfen

Have a Zippity Do Dah Day!
I have been to the Caribbean in February and in November. How hot and how crowded is it in August. Any suggestions?

We usually go in February and last year and this year in June. I am from the south, so I am used to heat and humidity. We went in August on the Dream in 2016. It was MISERABLE. The heat and humidity were terrible. Walking around on the pool deck burned your feet just going from the pool to the chairs. We said we would never do August again. June is hot, but the humidity didn't seem as bad as August.

August is hot. And Humid. Depending on where you live, that may be true whether you go on a Cruise or not.

But if you go on a cruise, the ship will provide an ocean breeze, shade, loungers, pools, A/C cabins bars, restaurants and common areas to get a relief from that heat. Plus plenty of cool drinks, alcoholic or non. So on balance, I'd rather be on a cruise ship in August instead of somewhere else in August.

We went to the Western Caribbean in late August. Yes it was hot. But it was also wonderful.

It will be very hot. Do not walk barefoot on the deck make sure you wear sandals for flip flops. You may have a breeze but it won't be very comforting due to the heat and humidity. Hopefully you're from the south. I'm from Florida so I'm used to it.

So what everyone said is correct. It will be hot. It will be humid. There will be a breeze, but it may vary based on where you are on the ship.

Some people do not like the humidity. Perfectly normal. But if you know for certain that you don't want to be... embraced by a hot moist blanket of air, it's probably not the best time to go.

Personally I've no issue with the humidity. Toronto isn't as bad with the humidity, but it can get fairly high in the summer.

NY is typically hot and humid with high 90 degree temps in August.....I would rather be on a hot and humid cruise in the Caribbean. Been there and done that and would go back again. Is it very hot...yes but you are not spending all day outside. We sit by the pool, take a dip, dry off, take a dip, spend time indoors. Excursions are usually to the beach so we can cool off in the water.

Now I will NOT go to WDW anymore during the summer if I can help it as you are pretty much forced to be outside most of the time walking around but on the cruise there are so many activities that don't require you to be outside unless you really want to be.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter