Caribbean Beach with 2 yr old HELP

guatemama

Earning My Ears
Hello! Thisis my 1st post ever and I dont know if Im doing it right!We are getting ready to go to the Caribbean beach on Sat with our 2 1/2 yr old son for his 1st trip to WDW. Are there any thingsI can do to make the hotel stay there any easier?

I would also like to know what kind of cribs are available as I have no idea if I should bring one from home?
I need any tips you can give and thank you in advance!!

guatemama, I've never been to Disney either. But I believe I read that the cribs Disney uses are Pack&Plays'. Hope this help. Can't offer any advice.

We loved CBR with my 2 year old son last Dec. Actually so much that we are staying there again this Sept. The kiddie pool is perfect for that age. There are neat little "cannon" like faucets that shoot water. Make sure that you request a ground floor room as the second floor might be a little difficult with the stairs. Request Martinique for your island also. This gets you close to the food court and the pools. I would recommend bringing a stroller from home. You can rent in the parks but I found it soooo much easier especially at downtown disney, going to the bus stop and just stolling the grounds. We had a pack and play crib (supplied by disney) for him that worked out wornderfully. We actually put it in the "bathroom" area. There is a curtain that you can pull for privacy but it worked because then he couldnt see us and went right to sleep. Bring something from his crib from home to put in his crib at beddie time. On certain mornings they have the character caravan where a few of the characters will be over in the food court area. They will give you the info on arrival. Have a super time !!! oh ...I also picked up juice and whatevers to keep in the room. And if hes still in diapers bring from home ! They are expensive in the parks ! Someone had suggested also bringing outlet coverf for the plugs in the room. I brought them and was glad that I did.

We were at AKL last month with our 15 month old son. Disney provided us with a pack n play. I brought my own sheets from home rather than using their's. I also brought Clorox wipes from home & wiped the whole thing down (I am a germ fanatic as DS still mouths everything he can).

jiggerj is right about diapers being expensive at Disney. We did the town car from the airport & did the grocery store stop - where I bought diapers, juice boxes & other things I thought I would need.

Something someone suggested to me that I did was once you get to your room, get on your hands & knees & look for small objects that a toddler may choke on. Lucky I did, I found a bottle top, a few pieces of popcorn & a few skittles - way back along the wall under the bed. I don't know if my son would have scooted all the way back there but you never know.

We also brought our own stroller from home.

Enjoy your trip!

oops... forgot to add a tip that I of course got from this great board. Throw a towel over the top of the bathroom door. That way he wont get locked in and no pinched fingers !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter