Caribbean Beach Resort v. Coronado

Deeva007

Earning My Ears
Planning a 3 or 4 night mini trip in Mid August with DH and my girls who are 6 and 4 year olds.

Which resort would you choose (pricing is almost the same for both- Coronado Springs is slightly more expensive)

I am most concerned with a good pool and ease of getting around within the resort (near food and bus stops) and transportation to parks.

Thanks!

I wouldn't pick either right now. Both resorts are construction zones. Rumor is the pool at CSR will be going down for a refurb. And CBR is not a resort to pick if you are looking at being near a bus stop and the food. I'm not sure when the actual restaurants are set to re-open. If at all possible I would stay at POR or POFQ. Pick a moderate without construction.

If you have a little one like me (2 years old) I would choose CBR if it was between those 2. They have a better splash pad area.

I've only stayed at CBR. We loved it, but it was HUGE. It was about a ten minute walk to the main pool/food tent. Quiet pool was very close though, within a minute of our room. There was a lot of construction going on when we were there last August, I'm sure it's the same or maybe even more now. We didn't plan to eat at the resort at all, but if we had, it would have been a pain because of how long it took to get to the food area and also because at that point it was only a food tent and a couple food trucks. I would definitely stay there again, but not if we were having a trip where we had days we'd be eating at the resort, it was just too inconvenient for us.

They are both beautiful resorts, but I would definitely consider construction and look into that. One has a Caribbean theme, the other Southwest, both absolutely gorgeous, both pretty big. Is it possible to request rooms close to where you want to be? Never considered that maybe someone knows.

Planning a 3 or 4 night mini trip in Mid August with DH and my girls who are 6 and 4 year olds.

Which resort would you choose (pricing is almost the same for both- Coronado Springs is slightly more expensive)

I am most concerned with a good pool and ease of getting around within the resort (near food and bus stops) and transportation to parks.

Thanks!

Both have construction, CBR is more impacted.

CBR:
- For children that young, CBR has a great splash pad and zero entry pool
- All rooms are near bus stops, there are quite a few of them.
- Near food: Due to size of resort I would only book Preferred if using amenities
- Note construction by the main pool so no interior dining etc.
- Food service is in a tent
- Largest footprint for moderate resort

CSR:
- One of the best pools on property, there is no child play area
- All rooms are near bus stops
- Near food: QS at Main pool, several in main hub
- Note construction, but not impacting guests amenities at this time
- Multiple food options, more than other moderates and most resorts on property
- Third biggest of the Moderates

I have stayed at booth hotels twice and like them both. We stayed at CSR in February and had a great time. Yes there was construction going on on the main tower and they were painting around our rooms and redoing the flooring but it never really impacted us. We rarely saw the workers unless we were leaving the room after 9 and we never saw them after 5 in the afternoon. CSR has a great pool and lots of quiet pools so if they do shut the main pool down you will have a smaller pool in your area by the rooms to use. We have not stayed at CBR since the construction started. We have booked another trip for later this year and plan on staying at CSR again.

They're pretty comparable in terms of size, facility, etc. I think it just comes down to what theme you like better. We prefer CSR - especially their pool and Pepper Market!

I did not know Coronado and Caribbean were about the same size! Our friends want us to stay at Caribbean next time so I have to think about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!