• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Care Medical or Walker Scooters (EVC)

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
I think I have narrowed the choices between the two and looking from input from users that have used either company or both. I have ruled out Randy's as I have an eary flight departure and I would not be able to sign for it. Do both Wakers and Care drop the scooters at your hotel bell desk without you being present. I plan to be renting it for a week (7 days). Are their prices realatly the same? I will not be using my own vehicle and will be using Disney Transportion. Is one companys company scooter more 'Disney Transport' freiendly or just mention it when booking the reservation. Is one companys customer service better than the other in case ther is a problem? Will the scooters last all day without being re charged during the day. I plan on a couple of days to out for all day (early AM to late PM). How far in advance should the reservations be made?

TIA

I have not used Care, but also I have not heard any complaints about them. I have used Walker about ten times in the past two years. I understand their priices are very similar.

Also they will make sure the ECV is at your hotel Bell Services before you arrive and will pick it up after you leave.

I have never had a charging problem. Literature I have read is a scooter should be good for about 25 miles on a full charge, and I have never come close to that in a day.

As far as Walker, the earlier you make the reservation the better. They will not charge your credit card until the day before you arrive, and then they will charge the full anticipated amount.

I currentlly have reservations in for both a week from tomorrow and also for the end of November.

I have only rented an ECV once in Florida; it was this June. Care delivered the scooter to my hotel bellman's desk (Hilton at WDW Resort) before I arrived. And they picked it up from the Delta baggage room at MCO after I left.

I tipped the bellman, $5 I think. But the Delta attendant absolutely refused to accept a tip; he said it was his job!
Care took my VISA info at the time of reservation and then charged the rental to me on the business day before I arrived (i.e., Friday, for Sunday arrival).

Since I was attending a spina bifida national conference, I was too busy to go to the parks--so I can't speak about the local Disney transportation.

But we took a Disney Wonder cruise immediately thereafter, and the Disney shuttle buses were completely able to handle the ECV. If you cannot walk onto the bus (several steps!) by yourself, just let them know that you need one of the shuttles with a lift.

Hope this helps.

I have used Care Medical several times in the past before I got my own scooter then power Wheelchair. They were super. Delivered directly to my hotel. The first time I didn't have a credit card so I met the rep and paid him in case for the rental and he showed me how to take the scooter apart if I needed to. The rest of the times I paid by credit card and it was there and waiting when I arrived and picked up from Bell Services after I left. Never a problem at all.
I did have a problem with Walker and found the owner to be quite rude. Due to his rudeness I would never recommend them to anyone.

Lisa and I have had similar experiences but it was Care Medical that I found lacking in customer service. I have used Walker's several times. So I think you can't go wrong with either of you two choices. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter