Car Seat Trays

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We bought a seat on the plane so we could bring our 22 month old daughter's car seat. The car seat does not have a tray. Therefore, she won't have anything to lean on to color, eat, etc. Has anyone bought a tray that can be attached to the car seat? If so, which brand would you recommend and where can I buy one? Thank you!

We have always brought our kid's carseats and it works pretty well with the flip down tray from the seat in front of you. I can't remember exactly how close it comes to them (they may have to reach a little), but they've always been able to color, look at books, have a snack, etc. At least if you just went with using the tray already there you would have one less thing to carry! But if you still want a tray to bring, I believe the One Step Ahead catalog carries them. They may have a website, I'm not sure. Have fun!

Thank you. I was getting nervous because I have heard so many people saying that the tray didn't go down because of the car seat. Hopefully it will fit!

I guess it depends on the car seat. The one we have used does not have the bar thingie that comes down, it just has a "t" type shield. But now that I've answered, I'm trying to remember exactly how it was. I think the tray just came to the edges of the sides of the car seat. So it came down but was maybe at a tiny angle. But regardless, they could color and I remember putting their snack on it. I just don't want to discourage you from buying the tray if you really want it. (I would hate to think you would be cursing me the whole trip to Florida if it the tray can't come down with your car seat!;) ;) ;) )
Maybe some others could post if they've been able to do this?
Oh, our carseat is a Century, I believe.

What about one of those lap desks that's a pillow on one side and a writing surface on the other. It may work. YOu could always get one and give it a test run before your trip and if it doesn't work take it back.

:earsgirl:

I saw a great lap desk at Wal-Mart. It was made by Crayola, and would work well with car seats that do not have the overhead bar.

I got a car seat tray for my daughter about a year ago and it was more than worth the $20 it cost(From Right Start).
I have a 10 month old son now, so I was looking to give him the tray and instead of buying a new one, I bought a lap tray with a cushion for my daughter. It did not work with her carseat at all, I returned it.
The sides of the carseat made it impossible for the tray to be flat. It was tilted way forward and sliding off her lap.
The tray from Right Start has a strap that fastens around the carseat and is wide enough to sit on top of the arms levelly. It also has a cup holder and a little dip for the crayons to sit in.
I went and bought a 2nd one.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter