Car seat law in FL

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
We're traveling in Feb. and my DD will turn 4 the day after we arrive. I don't know what the car seat laws are in FL. Can anyone help??

Actually, the FL law states that any child 3 years old or younger must be in a federally approved child-restraint seat. Children ages 4 and 5 must be in a child restraint seat OR buckled up with a seat belt. So, by law you'll have to have her in a car seat for the first day of the trip and thereafter can put her in a seat belt. Florida Highway Patrol Website

about the booster seat/car seat. I wouldn't dream of using just a seatbelt. Seatbelts are not designed to fit young ones properly. I read that most serious injuries to their abdomens are not from the crash itself, it's from the seatbelt "cutting" into their bellies causing internal injuries. They are much better off in a high back booster and strapping them in with the seatbelt until the appropriate size/weight.

I guess you have to check the booster as luggage on the plane huh? Because I when I visited SW's site it stated boosters as a no-no! :confused:

I'm going through the same thing -- my DD turns 4 during our Feb trip. So I bought a booster that the back comes off of for travel purposes and yes, I plan to check it on the plane.

Great Thread !!!

We rented a vechicle for the week that we will be done there, and they supply the car seats if you ask !! I am going to call and cancel one of the seats for my DS who is 5 1/2.... my DD, 3 1/2 will have a booster seat ! Give your rental car place a call..... you may not have to bring them on the plane !! There are no seat belts on the WDW busses so you can't use them on there !

Good Luck ! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter