Car rental help

Dreamer24

Mouseketeer
Hello, I've found rates for dollar car rental through Hawaii discount rental cars that are cheaper than the rates direct through alamo. Which would you go with? is one more reliable than the other? I've read stories about the agencies running out of cars and we will be there over easter.

I am loyal to Alamo because I’ve rented from them many times and never had any kind of an issue - they’ve never put on the hard sell for extras or tried to charge me for nonsense damage on return. Any time they’ve been short on my reserved category, Alamo has bumped me up to a better category of rental. I don’t have any experience with Dollar, sorry.

I find the best deals are through costco but they only do 4 car rentals and we generally rent through Alamo. That said, check back often car rentla prices fluctuate quite a bit. My rental started at $550 and ended up at like $320 just by checking back every so often for better rates

Both companies are major rental agencies and each is part of one of the two biggest car rental conglomerates (Dollar is part of Hertz, Alamo is part of Enterprise). I really don't think you'll have any issues with either one.

We rented from Hertz at HNL because I got the best rate from them (and I love their Gold Plus program where you just walk up and go. Other companies have similar programs though). I completely agree that you should book the best rate you see now but keep checking. Things change a lot (this applies to all rentals, not just for Aulani/Hawaii. Just saved $250 rebooking my Australia car rental yesterday even with the same agency due to a new special).

I had our car for July 2019 originally booked through Hawaii Discount Car Rental, but canceled that and went with Autoslash. Saved even more and my reservation is actually through Alamo (which is my favorite rental company). I have a full size car reserved for 12 days for around $570. I feel like I paid almost that much for a weeks rental in Clearwater!

Try Autoslash!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter